Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 12:44 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,204,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Thanks for being honest and proving my point, cpg.
I mean, what other response could there possibly be to this? I mean, I can guarantee that every hetero guy in this forum had a smoking-hot teacher whom, if they had had half a chance, would have gladly had a little humpalumpadingdong with. And they would have never have looked back with anything but nostalgia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2011, 12:45 PM

1,413 posts, read 3,049,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Too bad you (men) couldn't be frozen in your teens!
Being so easily sprung might sound nice now, but I think if you found a man like that it would completely turn you off.

Old 06-17-2011, 12:49 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,216,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefetio View Post
Being so easily sprung might sound nice now, but I think if you found a man like that it would completely turn you off.
Maybe I didn't make myself clear - I meant the separation between sex and emotions (provided there are any at all that is ).

Old 06-17-2011, 01:11 PM

3,393 posts, read 4,015,194 times
My son had a thing with his Geometry teacher when he was 16. She was very attractive.

I first suspected when I ran into her at McDonald's and recognized her from Back to School Night. I said, "Aren't you Mrs xxxx?" When I told her whose mother I was, she flushed and began stammering a little. ("That's weird, doesn't she run into a lot of parents out in public? Hmmmmm")
Then she gushed about how smart he was and what a good student, etc.

Then, I teased him that night that she was so pretty and she obviously like him, ha ha. Well, then HE flushed. Double-hmmm.....

Then I found him on his email one day. He was on the main page with the list of recent emails. Yeah, about 10-15 from the same sender, you guessed it.

SO GUESS WHAT I DID?????

Nothing. At 16, he knew what he was doing and having the time of his life.

Outing her would have ruined her family and career and would not have done my son ANY GOOD AT ALL.

I told him what I suspected and we discussed her being married with a child and all. He didn't admit it at that time (he did 2 yrs later), but I told him if it caused him any pain or problems, he could come to me to talk and I wouldn't blow the whistle on her.

I know about 50% of you will think I'm a horrible mother for this, but he seems pretty well-adjusted and this was the judgment call I made.

Old 06-17-2011, 01:15 PM

37,653 posts, read 46,077,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
No, guys do. Please don't put this down to a "it's so unfair, this is gender bias" kind of thing since if that's true, it's the male population waaaaaaaaaay more than the female population who has kept this line of reasoning going. I have never ever known a woman who would high-five a boy or the teacher for this kind of relationship. Pretty much every woman I've ever known, including myself, would think of the "little boy" and how disgusting the woman was and would want to go after her with our claws. I have not yet met the single exception, at least where this topic has come up in conversation.

It's not socially acceptable *across the board* for an older female teacher to take advantage of a young boy -- it's acceptable among guys who often say "...but wow, I had that fantasy, wish it had been me!" -- some of which we've already seen in this thread and which certainly is said -- by *men*! -- IRL as well.

Howzabout we research another interesting possibility? Let's find out how many women are "let off more easily" by male judges than by female ones for this offense. It wouldn't be hard to do, we can just Google the subject and find the name of the judge in each case. From anything I've ever read, it's the women who generally come down way harder on female teachers or other female authority figures, who have no tolerance for it, and who will deliver heavier sentences.

If there's a gender double standard, don't blame us, guys. Sorry. You're the ones hinting or even outright saying it's so cool and such an awesome fantasy. In general, the female populace is throwing up into our shoes at the thought (not every single person, obviously, before we go there). Don't cry "gender bias!" unless you're willing to change a mindset in society -- one which may be your own. (fuming) Okay, I've said it.
Damn...tried to rep you there JerZ. Good post!

Old 06-17-2011, 01:16 PM

1,133 posts, read 2,285,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Book Lover 21 View Post
My son had a thing with his Geometry teacher when he was 16. She was very attractive.

I first suspected when I ran into her at McDonald's and recognized her from Back to School Night. I said, "Aren't you Mrs xxxx?" When I told her whose mother I was, she flushed and began stammering a little. ("That's weird, doesn't she run into a lot of parents out in public? Hmmmmm")
Then she gushed about how smart he was and what a good student, etc.

Then, I teased him that night that she was so pretty and she obviously like him, ha ha. Well, then HE flushed. Double-hmmm.....

Then I found him on his email one day. He was on the main page with the list of recent emails. Yeah, about 10-15 from the same sender, you guessed it.

SO GUESS WHAT I DID?????

Nothing. At 16, he knew what he was doing and having the time of his life.

Outing her would have ruined her family and career and would not have done my son ANY GOOD AT ALL.

I told him what I suspected and we discussed her being married with a child and all. He didn't admit it at that time (he did 2 yrs later), but I told him if it caused him any pain or problems, he could come to me to talk and I wouldn't blow the whistle on her.

I know about 50% of you will think I'm a horrible mother for this, but he seems pretty well-adjusted and this was the judgment call I made.
Wow. Would you have done the same if it was your daughter with a really hot male teacher?

Old 06-17-2011, 01:21 PM

3,393 posts, read 4,015,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKSnook View Post
Wow. Would you have done the same if it was your daughter with a really hot male teacher?
I asked myself that question A LOT. Sad to say, I think I would have reacted differently.

But boys and girls ARE different. A daughter can get pregnant and that's a huge difference right there.

So, I'm a hypocrite. I can live with that.

Old 06-17-2011, 01:29 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,204,472 times
Quote:
I asked myself that question A LOT. Sad to say, I think I would have reacted differently.

But boys and girls ARE different. A daughter can get pregnant and that's a huge difference right there.

Well, girls are emotionally different than boys.

Old 06-17-2011, 01:31 PM

1,133 posts, read 2,285,427 times
Quote:

It's not just you, it's a prominent double standard in society. As a male, if my daughter was sleeping with an attractive male teacher, I would go to every length possible to get him reprimanded, jailed, and disgraced. I would not consult or question my daughter, I would just take matters into my own hands.

However, if my son was sleeping with an attractive female teacher I would talk to him about it. Did he initiate it, was there some sort of chemistry, or did she hit on him. How did he feel about it? Pretty much, I would pull out the facts, and in the end, if I felt it was necessary to intervene, I would absolutely do so.

Old 06-17-2011, 01:34 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,219,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
I mean, what other response could there possibly be to this? I mean, I can guarantee that every hetero guy in this forum had a smoking-hot teacher whom, if they had had half a chance, would have gladly had a little humpalumpadingdong with. And they would have never have looked back with anything but nostalgia.
Now I feel really jealous.In my 12 years of schooling I never had smokin hot teacher. I had some very pretty teachers but none that made me say "damn I want to hit that."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships