Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 06:03 PM

483 posts, read 1,561,572 times

Advertisements

One of my friends is an attractive 27 year old high school teacher. I'd be willing to bet there are lots of students at her school who'd love to be "sexually exploited and victimized" by her. If you saw some of her facebook photos at clubs and parties.. wow wow

I have had a fantasy or two about being one of her naughty students who had to stay after class for detention
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2011, 10:06 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,425,175 times
While sex with a female teacher may be a fantasy, the reality of an illicit relationship with a woman who has mental health problems, enjoys the power differential in the relationship, and will no doubt impact a young man, and how he views women his own age, is probably not worth it. Although, I saw some pictures this one teacher sent to her student, and really could not believe it, she was very hot. Why was she after a young boy? It was because she had low self esteem, and felt like a man her age would not be interested. But she could use a teen age boy to boost her self esteem.

Honestly, I never liked teen age boys, even when I was a teen!

Old 06-20-2011, 06:13 AM

28,976 posts, read 30,358,282 times
This has been going on for a long time, however, you hear about it more now, due to communications and media...but, it did happen when I was a kid in school, one of my life time friends, with a woman school teacher...He didn't tell me about this until a few years ago, but I was really angry. I kept thinking of my son as a Junior in high school and if one of his teachers done this. I do remember this teaching favoring the boys and hearing them whisper, and knew that something was going on, but honestly believe these teachers are in need of help...
I agree with Jerz that it's a power play/need on they're part, but they're victims are still children...and to me, it's disturbing that they would stoop to that level....I've said this before, I really wish our laws were much more severe....

Old 06-20-2011, 08:08 AM

7,453 posts, read 13,446,893 times
Why couldn't it have happened to me

Old 06-20-2011, 08:24 AM

3,393 posts, read 4,018,559 times
Well, in my son's case, he actually initiated it and he said it was totally consensual. (He was 16 yrs old, if he had been 13 or 14, I would have felt differently). He laughed at the idea of him being a victim and now says he has fond memories of the whole thing.

Also, I remember around this time, one of these scandals was all over the news and my son said to me, "This is a win-win for the boy. If they don't get caught, he is enjoying a hot older woman. If they do get caught, he can just play the victim."

Old 06-20-2011, 12:16 PM

859 posts, read 2,832,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Java378 View Post
It makes me feel like they just passed over me (since I am the age of the accused a lot of the time) just to get with a kid who lives with his mom.

Am I that bad a person that women are considering teenage boys before me?

I know right..... Why weren't teachers sleeping with kids when I was in school..... I feel like I missed out.

Old 06-20-2011, 01:07 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,155,537 times
As a future educator myself who is about to begin my certification program soon, I find it disheartening that so many teachers would take advantage of students like that. I'm sure a lot of the students have done their part to facilitate the interactions, but the teachers should know better. How can any parent be comfortable leaving their kids in the care of such individuals and be able to trust them 100% with their kids' well-being, especially after SO MANY instances of this type of thing happening? I know that questionable romantic trysts happen in all career fields, but we're talking about adults intermingling with CHILDREN here. It's a scary thought.

Sorry...just had to vent a bit.

Old 06-20-2011, 01:18 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,291,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Book Lover 21 View Post
My son had a thing with his Geometry teacher when he was 16. She was very attractive.

I first suspected when I ran into her at McDonald's and recognized her from Back to School Night. I said, "Aren't you Mrs xxxx?" When I told her whose mother I was, she flushed and began stammering a little. ("That's weird, doesn't she run into a lot of parents out in public? Hmmmmm")
Then she gushed about how smart he was and what a good student, etc.

Then, I teased him that night that she was so pretty and she obviously like him, ha ha. Well, then HE flushed. Double-hmmm.....

Then I found him on his email one day. He was on the main page with the list of recent emails. Yeah, about 10-15 from the same sender, you guessed it.

SO GUESS WHAT I DID?????

Nothing. At 16, he knew what he was doing and having the time of his life.

Outing her would have ruined her family and career and would not have done my son ANY GOOD AT ALL.

I told him what I suspected and we discussed her being married with a child and all. He didn't admit it at that time (he did 2 yrs later), but I told him if it caused him any pain or problems, he could come to me to talk and I wouldn't blow the whistle on her.

I know about 50% of you will think I'm a horrible mother for this, but he seems pretty well-adjusted and this was the judgment call I made.
Would you do the same if it was your 16 year old daughter having sex with her 40 year old male teacher?

Old 06-20-2011, 01:21 PM

2,488 posts, read 4,328,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Book Lover 21 View Post
Well, in my son's case, he actually initiated it and he said it was totally consensual. (He was 16 yrs old, if he had been 13 or 14, I would have felt differently). He laughed at the idea of him being a victim and now says he has fond memories of the whole thing.

Also, I remember around this time, one of these scandals was all over the news and my son said to me, "This is a win-win for the boy. If they don't get caught, he is enjoying a hot older woman. If they do get caught, he can just play the victim."
I'm sorry. But I find you repulsive.

Old 06-20-2011, 01:35 PM

3,393 posts, read 4,018,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sman View Post
I'm sorry. But I find you repulsive.
So, you think my son would have been better off with his situation getting dragged through the media?

Every time a prospective employer/college admissions board/girlfriend's father Googles him, they find this out about him? You think that would be better? He gets ostracized by his classmates and maybe other teachers? He gets interrogated by law enforcement over dates, locations, sexual acts?

And if you think he would remain anonymous because he is a minor, think again. Kids would find out and it would get splashed all over Facebook.

Please enlighten me and tell me how you would have handled this situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships