Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2011, 05:10 PM

2,743 posts, read 4,827,742 times

Advertisements

Another aspect I'd not seen discussed in this thread yet, is that I figure the women use the restaurant choice (in the first few dates) as yet another evaluation point in their checking us guys out. (With our dating customs, a pretty reasonable processes for them).

Presumably the first date is a Check-em-out date, and the 2nd is a Confirm The Other Isn't A Serial Killer date. So from 3 on of food-related dates, we should be getting down to finding places to eat that we would both enjoy. The choice you make will tell her something about you and what you already know of her and the type of environment you feel you both would enjoy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2011, 05:53 PM

252 posts, read 555,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I just want to say that Iam enjoying the the feeling of a attractive woman showing interest in me and wanting to see me but do the guy have to do all the planning? I'm already going to pay for it so why can't she just suggest something and then I make my way out there? I been on the internet trying to find a restaurant in her area for the past 3 days. The one I recommended which has great outdoor eating and a beautiful she doesn't want to go. So I continue to find a place in HER AREA which I know nothing about that she will like. I don't mind it because she has come to my area twice already but I didn't know it was going to be this dfficult.

Since she is familiar with her area and knows what she likes is it silly that she can't suggest a place for us to eat?
I suggest taking her to the place wherever you see fit, when the bill comes, slide it her way. You paid for the last two right? I believe dating should be about getting to know a person, not a business transaction. That would be prostitution. It seems a lot of women today are prostitutes.

Old 06-18-2011, 06:04 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by underthesun7 View Post
I suggest taking her to the place wherever you see fit, when the bill comes, slide it her way. You paid for the last two right? I believe dating should be about getting to know a person, not a business transaction. That would be prostitution. It seems a lot of women today are prostitutes.
She was going to pay for her ice cream on Date 2 and It was me who paid for the ice cream, I mean she did drive down to come see me and to have her pay for her own ice cream would have been foolish. Also she asked me out 3 times since our second date and I turned her down. So I have no problem paying for dinner since she doesn't seem to be really interested in me. Now if no calls or texts were never initiated by her then I would not be paying for anything.

Old 06-18-2011, 06:06 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,186,791 times
Quote:
She was going to pay for her ice cream on Date 2 and It was me who paid for the ice cream, I mean she did drive down to come see me and to have her pay for her own ice cream would have been foolish. Also she asked me out 3 times since our second date and I turned her down. So I have no problem paying for dinner since she doesn't seem to be really interested in me. Now if no calls or texts were never initiated by her then I would not be paying for anything.

Rule #132

Old 06-18-2011, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
Rule #132
Any guy who treats a girl to dinner more than once who never calls him ir text him first to see how he is doing is clearly a fool

Old 06-18-2011, 06:12 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,652,997 times
What's with all this paying b.s. it makes you sound so petty??

Old 06-18-2011, 06:13 PM

48,526 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzette View Post
Actually, that would annoy me, too. I can see how she might be afraid of suggesting something that could be out of your price range, but that's where the conversation goes something like this:

"What's a good place to go in your neighborhood?"

"That depends. What kind of food are you in the mood for?"

"How about Italian?"

"I think I might know a place." And then she finds an Italian restaurant that isn't Olive Garden but isn't Ristorante Empti di Wallet either.

Heck, if a guy was traveling a fair distance, I might spring for the third date. I certainly wouldn't shoot down a suggestion he made, particularly if he already said it was his treat, unless I had previously gotten food poisoning there or something.
I'm with you on this. SHE is not being very helpful. I've been asked by guys, and just given a bunch of suggestions.... everything from a fabulous hole in the wall, to something nicer if he was in the mood.

With both of them having troubles with this, I'm not hopeful.

Old 06-18-2011, 06:13 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,186,791 times
Quote:
Any guy who treats a girl to dinner more than once who never calls him ir text him first to see how he is doing is clearly a fool
This is the first I've heard of such a rule from any man as it is usually frowned upon for a woman to initiate contact with a man at the initial dating stage. You have way too many rigid rules and this not the first one.

Old 06-18-2011, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
This is the first I've heard of such a rule from any man as it is usually frowned upon for a woman to initiate contact with a man at the initial dating stage. You have way too many rigid rules and this not the first one.
so if a female is not SHOWING INTEREST in between dates a guy is still supposed to take her out????????-LOL

Old 06-18-2011, 06:27 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,739,789 times
When did a simple dinner date become so complicated?

I just don't understand this whole concept of dating a stranger. Hanging out as friends is so much simpler and enjoyable. It is very organic to just allow a relationship to bloom rather than working for it.

Makes me so glad I'm in a happy marriage that's for sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships