Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2011, 10:37 AM

3,184 posts, read 4,856,242 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Notice that big knockers . . .
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Dammit! My greatest assets!!!!
I'm confused now . . .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2011, 10:38 AM

7,004 posts, read 21,367,439 times
I thought I was. That's what happens when I think.

Old 06-24-2011, 10:39 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,270,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
That's what happens when I think.
See?! Just what I told Six!

Old 06-24-2011, 10:39 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,861,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfunkle524 View Post
Well I'm but a young boy so I have few friends that are married. However, my parents always had a terrible relationship and none of my friends' parents were really happy with each other either.

That's probably why my views are so biased . . . That long, happy marriage was almost like an urban legend because every long marriage I saw was miserable. Recently I've seen several happy marriages from the same family! I gotta get in on that . . .

Well, that explains it - you are still very young AND your parents had a bad marriage (Hey, my parents had a bad marriage too!)

It is wise of you to try to understand that your parent's experience doesn't HAVE to be your experience.

Sure there are bad marriages all around, but there are also really good ones all around too, just don't forget that a good marriage IS possible

Old 06-24-2011, 10:41 AM

44,258 posts, read 64,492,659 times
I think for their generation, my parents had/have a great marriage...but I couldn't stand it for two seconds.

Old 06-24-2011, 10:41 AM

7,004 posts, read 21,367,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
See?! Just what I told Six!
I should be thinking with my "other" head instead.

Old 06-24-2011, 10:56 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,248,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Dammit! My greatest assets!!!!

Good post.

You know, this is corny, but every day I think...what nice thing can I do to make my wife happy?

Dude...sometimes it's as easy as emptying the darn dishwasher. Then some days it can be making a fancy dinner. Then other days it can be a really sweet phone call or text message (while the other is toiling away at work)...

When you're already always in the frame of mind of making someone else happy, doing your best to ensure that they are not UN-happy is not a big stretch. That includes minding their feelings with your speech and actions.
Yep. My mother always had a saying: No woman ever shot her husband while he was washing the dishes.

Old 06-24-2011, 11:12 AM

5,460 posts, read 7,774,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
20 years this past April. I'm even happier in year 20 than I was in year 1.

She is my reason for living, the wind beneath my wings, the butter to my bread, my breath, my soul, my salvation, my hope. She is all things, my better half, my inspiration, and then some. She is the first thing I want to hear in the morning and the last thing I want to hear at night. My sole regret in life is that I didn't meet her sooner and my one hope in life is that I never have to live a minute without her. She has been patient with my worst and helped me be my best. She is wise and kind and creates beauty, love, and grace wherever she goes. I never fail to be astonished that she chose me and I live my days with gratitude that she did.
Very beautifully spoken!

Old 06-24-2011, 12:02 PM

3,184 posts, read 4,856,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
It is wise of you to try to understand that your parent's experience doesn't HAVE to be your experience.
Yeah I'm going to do everything in my power to make sure my marriage is nothing like theirs. It was incredibly damaging to the whole family and they are both far worse off for it (except for having had kids).

Old 06-24-2011, 12:11 PM

10,181 posts, read 20,818,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses61 View Post
How pathetically sad that the OP asked people who were happily married to respond. A few of us did. The rest who responded are people who are bitter, divorced or lonely and clutter up this thread with extraneous nonsense. No one asked their opinion.
His question was "Are you happily married?"...I didn't see anywhere in his original post where he stated he only wanted to hear from happily married members.

I do agree that it is refreshing to hear from members who are indeed happily married, but not all people who are against marriage are bitter and lonely. They may have been there and done that and discovered it just isn't for them. Nothing wrong with hearing their stories as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships