Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 04:35 PM

37,159 posts, read 42,306,860 times

Advertisements

I don't know why more men don't ask for paternity testing. I know in a marriage in may not matter either emotionally or legally but if my sons gf came up pregnant you can believe I'd be bullying him into getting a test before doing ANYTIHNG.

Old 06-23-2011, 04:38 PM

252 posts, read 556,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I don't know why more men don't ask for paternity testing. I know in a marriage in may not matter either emotionally or legally but if my sons gf came up pregnant you can believe I'd be bullying him into getting a test before doing ANYTIHNG.
Personally I think the hospital should allow the father to get a paternity test in secret. That way it avoids any problems from an insulted gf or wife.

Old 06-23-2011, 04:46 PM

1,300 posts, read 2,575,051 times
If you can't trust a woman, don't get her pregnant. Simple. Or maybe you should "be under the sun" and learn that not all women cheat.

Old 06-23-2011, 04:51 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,241,476 times
Actually, I remember reading about a study a few years back by geneticists. As it turns out, they took samples from roughly 2,000 children and matched DNA with their supposed fathers, eliminating men who were parents by adoption or artificial insemination. Roughly 4% of children were being raised unwittingly by a man who was not his biological father. http://www.world-science.net/otherne...12_dadsfrm.htm

We have a friend who is an obstetrician for a prominent women's practice in town. I asked her about that and she said it felt true. According to Cindy, at least once every couple of weeks, when a woman gets the news about being pregnant, she gets the question, "Can you tell me exactly when I got pregnant?" The intent, of course, is to figure out by whom she got pregnant. And at least once a month, she says she delivers a child who is quite obviously a different ethnicity than the mother and father. More than once she's had to call security to remove the enraged father from the delivery room.

So I'd say it's more common than many women would like to admit, and less common than many cynics would care to admit.

Last edited by cpg35223; 06-23-2011 at 04:59 PM..

Old 06-23-2011, 04:59 PM

645 posts, read 990,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by underthesun7 View Post
Do women cheat on men and lie about whose the father??? Here is a video done out of the U.K. It touches base on America. Please keep in mind that the U.K has many similarities as the U.S. Is this crap or does it hold substance?

YouTube - ‪Family - Reproductive Rights - 3/3‬‏

Yes. Steven Tyler. Liv Tyler.

I rest my case.

Old 06-23-2011, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Actually, I remember reading about a study a few years back by geneticists. As it turns out, they took samples from roughly 2,000 children and matched DNA with their supposed fathers, eliminating men who were parents by adoption or artificial insemination.

In Europe, roughly 12% of kids had no genetic link with the supposed father, while 8% of American children fit into that category.

We have a friend who is an obstetrician for a prominent women's practice in town. I asked her about that and she said it felt true. According to Cindy, at least once every couple of weeks, when a woman gets the news about being pregnant, she gets the question, "Can you tell me exactly when I got pregnant?" The intent, of course, is to figure out by whom she got pregnant. And at least once a month, she says she delivers a child who is quite obviously a different ethnicity than the mother and father. More than once she's had to call security to remove the enraged father from the delivery room.

So I'd say it's more common than many women would like to admit, and less common than many cynics would care to admit.

Thank you for your answer. I feel that social class has a lot to do with the percentage. Your story about your friend isn't surprising. I wish people would get the word out on this subject, yet then again, I have been labeled a "woman hater" multiple times and we are only on page 2.

I would love to find data on what percentage of women go off of birth control without the husbands or bf knowledge. I will leave that for another day though, I have a feeling that would get really heated. One good thing about a form of male birth control though is it would totally nip that in the butt.

Old 06-23-2011, 05:10 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,213,669 times
Quote:
Thank you for your answer. I feel that social class has a lot to do with the percentage. Your story about your friend isn't surprising. I wish people would get the word out on this subject, yet then again, I have been labeled a "woman hater" multiple times and we are only on page 2.

I would love to find data on what percentage of women go off of birth control without the husbands or bf knowledge. I will leave that for another day though, I have a feeling that would get really heated. One good thing about a form of male birth control though is it would totally nip that in the butt.
I guess I'm curious why you are so focused on these issues - women lying about who the father is, women lying about being on birth control, etc. Have these things happened to you? It just seems an odd thing to be preoccupied with. And I don't think you have to get the word out there about this - I think the daytime talk shows, soap operas, movies, etc. have already done the dirty work for you.

Yes, there are women who cheat and lie about it. There are also men who cheat and lie about it. There are women that have other men's children and don't tell their husbands. There are men who are married and father children with other women and don't tell their wives about it. There are women that go off birth control and lie about it. There are men that lie about being STD free so they won't have to wear a condom. There are lots of people doing stupid things out there. The goal is not to be one of them!

Old 06-23-2011, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I guess I'm curious why you are so focused on these issues - women lying about who the father is, women lying about being on birth control, etc. Have these things happened to you? It just seems an odd thing to be preoccupied with. And I don't think you have to get the word out there about this - I think the daytime talk shows, soap operas, movies, etc. have already done the dirty work for you.

Yes, there are women who cheat and lie about it. There are also men who cheat and lie about it. There are women that have other men's children and don't tell their husbands. There are men who are married and father children with other women and don't tell their wives about it. There are women that go off birth control and lie about it. There are men that lie about being STD free so they won't have to wear a condom. There are lots of people doing stupid things out there. The goal is not to be one of them!

I like talking about them because I am a man who deals with these situations. My friends deal with, my family deals with them, and society is dealing with them. When there is something wrong, I call it out, not pretend that it doesn't exist.

Old 06-23-2011, 05:32 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,213,669 times
Quote:
I like talking about them because I am a man who deals with these situations. My friends deal with, my family deals with them, and society is dealing with them. When there is something wrong, I call it out, not pretend that it doesn't exist.
What situations have you been dealing with? And your friends and family? I'm just curious. If you have had a lot of experiences with women cheating on you or saying you are the father of children that you're not the father of - your obsession would be quite understandable.

Personally, I have very limited experiences with these exact situations. I have known people that have been unfaithful and I myself have strayed a bit in past relationships. But I have always been honest about it and so have most of the other people that I know in these situations.

I'm not pretending that these things that you speak of don't exist - they have existed since the begining of time. I just don't think it is worthwhile to spend all my time thinking about them. I feel for people in those situations - but these things are always going to happen. There are always going to be people who lie and cheat. Just like there are always going to be people who don't.

Old 06-23-2011, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
What situations have you been dealing with? And your friends and family? I'm just curious. If you have had a lot of experiences with women cheating on you or saying you are the father of children that you're not the father of - your obsession would be quite understandable.

Personally, I have very limited experiences with these exact situations. I have known people that have been unfaithful and I myself have strayed a bit in past relationships. But I have always been honest about it and so have most of the other people that I know in these situations.

I'm not pretending that these things that you speak of don't exist - they have existed since the begining of time. I just don't think it is worthwhile to spend all my time thinking about them. I feel for people in those situations - but these things are always going to happen. There are always going to be people who lie and cheat. Just like there are always going to be people who don't.
Oh I thought you were questioning all of my posts not just this one. It sounded like that when you said "these issues". I myself have been cheated on of course, who hasn't? Even that in itself makes you think about what if she got pregnant? Would I have to pay child support the rest of my life? Would I have to get married? But that isn't where I draw my data, I get that from mens rights activist websites and scientific journals.

It is funny, many women say that these men's issues aren't worthwhile, meanwhile, there are massive marches for women's rights. Do you complain every time the 80 cents to a dollar subject comes up? I think not, most women start beating their drum. The fact is, there are a lot of issues regarding men in western society and you women just don't give a **** because you are comfortable. But honestly I don't care about changing your mind, because I wont. It's the one or two guys that will eventually make their way to this page. Those one or two guys will read this stuff and say, yeah, I want to do something about this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships