Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 07:21 PM

252 posts, read 557,211 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberai View Post
If you read his posting history, you'll think twice about that silly question.

No. I'm not pregnant, I don't have any kids yet. Satisfied? And no. It's not a touchy subject only if it involves painting all women with the same brush thinking we never notice how the justice system screws the good men over that's all.

I said up to 33% of women father children from other men and disguise the fact. It isn't my opinion, it was from a medical study!

Last edited by JustJulia; 06-24-2011 at 12:35 AM.. Reason: deleted personal attack

Old 06-23-2011, 07:22 PM

1,446 posts, read 3,559,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberai View Post
If you read his posting history, you'll think twice about that silly question.

No. I'm not pregnant, I don't have any kids yet. Satisfied? And no. It's not a touchy subject only if it involves painting all women with the same brush thinking we never notice how the justice system screws the good men over that's all.

If you're none of those things, then you must be from Venus.

Old 06-23-2011, 07:28 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,261,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by underthesun7 View Post
I said up to 33% of women father children from other men and disguise the fact. It isn't my opinion, it was from a medical study!
Which medical study? Just out of curiousity - I looked up paternity test statistics. The results are from the places that do paternity tests. So this 33% that you speak of does not mean that up to 33% of women father children from other men and disguise the fact. It means that of the people that have chosen to get paternity tests, up to 33% of them came back negative. You can't apply this to the whole population. Most of the people that chose to get these paternity tests probably thought that they would come back negative but in reality, only up to 33% did.

Last edited by JustJulia; 06-24-2011 at 12:35 AM..

Old 06-23-2011, 07:35 PM

19,018 posts, read 25,262,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Which medical study? Just out of curiousity - I looked up paternity test statistics. The results are from the places that do paternity tests. So this 33% that you speak of does not mean that up to 33% of women father children from other men and disguise the fact. It means that of the people that have chosen to get paternity tests, up to 33% of them came back negative. You can't apply this to the whole population. Most of the people that chose to get these paternity tests probably thought that they would come back negative but in reality, only up to 33% did.
Mind numbing, isn't it? I don't understand some folk, especially avid net users. Clearly, folk here can read. It's not too much of a logical leap to employ a bit of common sense when considering stats a 12 yr old can grasp. If anything could be rendered as a contraception campaign it's threads like this one.

Btw, as I'm sure some have noted, male BC has been in the works for almost two decades now. The big issue? Um, the guys don't want to deal with the same side effects women deal with.

Old 06-23-2011, 08:10 PM

3,261 posts, read 5,319,343 times
Quote:
While I'm sure it does happen, that figure has been debated.

Rampant paternity fraud an 'urban myth' (http://www.swinburne.edu.au/corporate/marketing/mediacentre/core/releases_article.php?releaseid=540 - broken link)

Last edited by JustJulia; 06-24-2011 at 12:36 AM..

Old 06-23-2011, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robee70 View Post
While I'm sure it does happen, that figure has been debated.

Rampant paternity fraud an 'urban myth' (http://www.swinburne.edu.au/corporate/marketing/mediacentre/core/releases_article.php?releaseid=540 - broken link)
Interesting. Although I would like to see more. Even if we say its just 3%, there are 308,745,538 people in the U.S. So basically 10 million people are effected. I highly doubt it is just 3%, however, I am going to try to do some research on this because it really interests me.

Old 06-23-2011, 08:30 PM

3,261 posts, read 5,319,343 times
Quote:
Interesting. Although I would like to see more. Even if we say its just 3%, there are 308,745,538 people in the U.S. So basically 10 million people are effected. I highly doubt it is just 3%, however, I am going to try to do some research on this because it really interests me.
You can't base any given % off the entire US population, which includes children, elderly, disabled, etc.

Old 06-23-2011, 08:35 PM

23,405 posts, read 37,131,299 times
Quote:
You can't base any given % off the entire US population, which includes children, elderly, disabled, etc.
Dont forget about the percentage of the population without children, or those who adopt.

Old 06-23-2011, 08:38 PM

Quote:
True, there are some outliers, but it gives a rough idea.

Old 06-23-2011, 08:51 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,261,857 times
I guess I don't understand why it seems like some sort of competition - which gender can inflict the most pain???

While finding out that you have been raising someone else's child might be more damaging than finding out your husband had a child with someone else while you were married to him - I think people would be severely upset in both cases. If I found out that my husband had cheated on me and had a child with the other woman - it would throw my entire world upside down. It's sort of like saying that a parent dying is worse than an aunt that you were really close with. Well - yes - but that doesn't that the aunt dying wasn't extrememly painful as well. Like I said - it's not a competition - it's just that in terms of illegitimate children - these are the two scenarios that are most like each other. Men can hurt women just as badly as women can hurt men. Men can also hurt other men and women can also hurt other women. People can hurt other people - that's the bottom line. If you spend all your time only researching and obsessing over how women can hurt men - it's not really that healthy.

Last edited by JustJulia; 06-23-2011 at 10:40 PM.. Reason: Removed reference to deleted post - screen name violation
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships