Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 09:17 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times

Advertisements

I think it's easy to make judgements on people with out knowing all the details. While my first instinct would be to say that any woman who is married and does not know for sure that her husband is the father of her child is a lousy person - I don't know all the details. What if her husband was having affairs through their whole marriage. What if she strayed one time and that happened to result in a child. What if her husband beat her. What if what if what if? Am I saying that there is always a good or noble reason behind everything that women do? No. There are bad women just like there are bad men.

But seriously - mandatory paternity testing? Why not force all wives to wear chastity belts that only their husbands have the keys to? Why not stone adulterers in the town square? Perhaps just a scarlet letter A would be enough for you?

We are talking about such a small percent of the population that would even have a need to have a paternity test. By all means - if you trust your wife that little - have one. But making them mandatory is a bit ridiculous. I think there are better ways to spend money than on tests that would only be applicable to a very small percentage of people. And furthermore - why would you marry someone you couldn't trust?

Last edited by JustJulia; 06-23-2011 at 10:41 PM..

Old 06-23-2011, 09:19 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I think it's easy to make judgements on people with out knowing all the details. While my first instinct would be to say that any woman who is married and does not know for sure that her husband is the father of her child is a lousy person - I don't know all the details. What if her husband was having affairs through their whole marriage. What if she strayed one time and that happened to result in a child. What if her husband beat her. What if what if what if? Am I saying that there is always a good or noble reason behind everything that women do? No. There are bad women just like there are bad men.

But seriously - mandatory paternity testing? Why not force all wives to wear chastity belts that only their husbands have the keys to? Why not stone adulterers in the town square? Perhaps just a scarlet letter A would be enough for you?

We are talking about such a small percent of the population that would even have a need to have a paternity test. By all means - if you trust your wife that little - have one. But making them mandatory is a bit ridiculous. I think there are better ways to spend money than on tests that would only be applicable to a very small percentage of people. And furthermore - why would you marry someone you couldn't trust?
This is shaping up to be as bad as that idiotic child support thread last week, isnt it?

Old 06-23-2011, 09:42 PM

2,412 posts, read 5,084,211 times
My one sister in law had a kid by her husbands boss.
Another sister in law got pregnant outside her GI husbands 'window of opportunity'
My own son looks a heck of a lot like my roommate back then. All my other children are brunette and shorter than me, He's blond and 3" taller than me. Like my roommate.

So what is your question? Does it happen? I think 20/20 had a show on estimating it happened about up to 1/4 of the time...across the globe! Yeah, women are active cheaters, but then again, they didn't get knocked up by a fairy godmother, either! There was a male/ pee pee involved in there somewhere too.

Old 06-23-2011, 09:50 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
Like I said - paternity tests are available if a husband chooses to get one. But making them mandatory? Why? And are you insinuating that because I don't think we should have mandatory paternity testing that I am actually pregnant with another man's child? The fact that you are saying that the percentages might actually be higher simply because I don't believe in mandatory paternity testing is ridiculous. Like I said - the tests are available to those who want them. If my husband said he wanted one - I'd be mad as hell because it would mean that he didn't trust me - but I would let him go through with it because I have nothing to hide. However, he trusts me so he would never ask.

When people get married - they no longer have mandatory blood tests in most states (and I think they were more for making sure the people involved were not siblings). Some people lie about not having an STD and then infect their spouse. So - should we have mandatory STD testing for everyone who wants to get married? Or should it be the responsibility of the people involved to make their spouse get tested if they think their spouse might be hiding something? What about after people are married? Or while people are dating? Should we just have mandatory STD testing to all individuals every six months and then have the results published on the internet so all can see? No. The tests are available to those who want them.

In this day and age with our suffering economy - to suggest that we should spend millions of dollars on mandatory tests that only a small percentage of people even consider having is ludicrous.

If you are so worried about this happening to you - I suggest you never get married or have sex again. Honestly - if this is that big of a concern for you - it is possible to avoid the possibility altogether.

Last edited by JustJulia; 06-23-2011 at 10:43 PM..

Old 06-23-2011, 10:01 PM

869 posts, read 972,310 times
Sure it happens

Here are some reasons.

1. Sense of deserved pay-back for disappointments and frustrations the husband inflicted via infidelity.

2. Inability to resist temptation. Divorce not intended. Deceit preserves the marriage.

3. Thrill and sense of empowerment via successful deception.

4. Frustration caused by unfulfilled motherhood due to sterile husband opposed to artificial insemination.

BTW
The above motives not gender specific. They are human specific as far as we know.

Old 06-23-2011, 10:09 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
Temporarily closed for review.

Old 06-23-2011, 11:03 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
People, please don’t feed the trolls. I deleted all that person's posts and responses to him.

Old 06-23-2011, 11:50 PM

1,841 posts, read 3,173,928 times
Directed towards the Op...

Again a huge faux pas...
Grossly generalizing...

SOME women do? Do I as a good woman approve of this practice? Of course not...
I will state only this...Promiscous women have this issue however when it pertains to unprotected sex? It is up to both parties..

There are many men NOT all that are notorious for one night stands and they do what they please however because they have the inability to get pregnant they do not have to worry about this however this goes for the guy that has sex with many women unprotected and has 7 children from different women stating "Yeah I can look at a woman and she will be preggo" Really? Ummm How about gloving up? problem solved..

The knife cuts both ways...NEXT..

Old 06-24-2011, 12:29 AM

48,526 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radrook View Post
Sure it happens

Here are some reasons.

1. Sense of deserved pay-back for disappointments and frustrations the husband inflicted via infidelity.

2. Inability to resist temptation. Divorce not intended. Deceit preserves the marriage.

3. Thrill and sense of empowerment via successful deception.

4. Frustration caused by unfulfilled motherhood due to sterile husband opposed to artificial insemination.

BTW
The above motives not gender specific. They are human specific as far as we know.
Pretty sure #4 is gender specific.

Old 06-24-2011, 12:57 AM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Pretty sure #4 is gender specific.
Naaaawwwww, just another stereotype.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.