Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 08:17 AM

77 posts, read 151,986 times

Advertisements

A major overreaction. Just because you wouldn't push him out of the way when filling the credit card application, doesn't mean he can't. People have different expectations of personal privacy and yours and his don't match. Also, depending on how long you had a relationship with him, he might simply not trust you yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2011, 08:22 AM

2,068 posts, read 4,342,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
She DID!
She did after being shoved aside.
She should have known without anyone having to tell her... common sense.

Old 06-29-2011, 08:22 AM

4,941 posts, read 8,335,423 times
It doesn't matter what his reason was for not wanting you around him when filling out the application. He was absolutely rude for physically pushing you away.

Old 06-29-2011, 08:33 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,505,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
It doesn't matter what his reason was for not wanting you around him when filling out the application. He was absolutely rude for physically pushing you away.
Seriously! What does it take? a 2x4 upside the head to make the OP realize that "something just aint kosher?"

Old 06-29-2011, 08:37 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,756,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixi10 View Post
I agree with you guys, I wouldn't want someone to look over my shoulder either. But that wasn't what I was doing. I was standing near him at the counter. There was several inches between else. I really don't think I was being nosy and I wasn't looking for any private information. I was just standing there.

But my main issue isn't telling me to go do something else. I have a bigger problem with that he pushed me away. While it wasn't a hard push, I didn't think that was necessary at all.

We've been dating for several months now and we are exclusive. We haven't talked about it, but I'm not seeing anyone else and either is he.
Without being there, I can't say whether a "gentle push" (as you described it in your OP, which I pictured as a little, "Go on, shoo" thing) would have been a big deal to me. My husband and I horseplay a lot, and physical contact does not bother me. Other people are calling it "shoving" or speculating that the beatings are going to start any day now , but if this is something that bugs you, you have a right to that.

You might tell him, "Hey, I didn't mean to look like I was snooping on your privacy the other day, but don't push me like that again, OK?"

Old 06-29-2011, 08:47 AM

17,645 posts, read 22,685,981 times
Perhaps he works for the CIA or Black OPS...

Old 06-29-2011, 08:58 AM

8,003 posts, read 11,738,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Without being there, I can't say whether a "gentle push" (as you described it in your OP, which I pictured as a little, "Go on, shoo" thing) would have been a big deal to me. My husband and I horseplay a lot, and physical contact does not bother me. Other people are calling it "shoving" or speculating that the beatings are going to start any day now , but if this is something that bugs you, you have a right to that.

You might tell him, "Hey, I didn't mean to look like I was snooping on your privacy the other day, but don't push me like that again, OK?"
Yep! Never let these things fester OP. if you're going to be in a relationship with someone, you have to keep things out there, instead of letting them build.

Many of the responses you've received here are plausible explanations for his action. It could have been a whole lot more embarrassing, right? He could have looked at you, raised his eyebrows and said loudly, "Do you MIND?" Let him know it hurt and move on. If it becomes a habit...move ON....far away!

Last edited by beachmel; 06-29-2011 at 10:06 AM..

Old 06-29-2011, 09:23 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,248,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post

Yeah, I know it's hard to judge the situation without being there, but I think most people can tell the difference between a playful pushing and real pushing and it doesn't sound like it was the former...

Old 06-29-2011, 10:19 AM

8,003 posts, read 11,738,699 times
I know I'm bringing stuff in from some of your other threads....but.... Isn't this they guy who in Feb, you'd been dating for a month....the one who was getting "too attached to quickly"? Has he opened up to you about his past since your earlier threads?...Is he still asking you to pay for some of your dates?.....Now he's pushing you away to keep you from seeing information he's putting on a credit card?

Maybe his "scientific" mind has anazlyed the possibility of identity theft...or this guy has simply got some stuff worth hiding. I'll tell ya, he'd have my "LOOK OUT" radar working overtime, and I'd be doing a whole lot more digging before I let myself get much closer to this guy. Just sayin'....

Old 06-29-2011, 10:24 AM

2,501 posts, read 3,653,039 times
Yeah I agree with the guy. Unless you're married to him, he'll probably be private about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships