Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 09:22 PM

49 posts, read 196,055 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southking500 View Post
I wonder if he first waited a few seconds to for you to turn away like any courteous, non-snooping person would do while someone filled out a credit card application. And when you just stood there with the obvious intention of gleaning personal data like date of birth and annual income, he was at a loss as what to do. It's kind of hard to say "Could you please not be such a nosey ****?"
You say it was the push that bothered you the most. Are you sure it really wasn't the fact that you were busted?
But I do agree that he shouldn't have pushed you. Look at the bright side: you actually got him to go shopping with you and he can rack up some credit card debt buying baubles to give you. That can excuse a lot of pushing!

Personal information like date of birth? I can't know his birthday? Really?

As for income, I really could not care less. I'm sure you do not believe me, but i assure you, I really did not want to know anything like that. I was just standing there, it did not occur to me this was a big deal. Like I said before, if I was filling it out, I wouldn't care if he looked so I assumed it was the same with him. i was wrong clearly. I will know better for next time.

And PS, he didn't buy anything for me, not that that matters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2011, 12:18 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,440,906 times
Ugh, this thread is a real eye-opener as to some men on CD. Yuck. Wouldn't touch them with a ten foot pole.

Old 06-30-2011, 12:28 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,433,597 times
Male violence to women is never acceptable! only self defence is.

Old 06-30-2011, 05:38 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,205,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post
This was my first thought as well.

I think the smartest course for him would have just been to wait to apply some other time when she is not with him.
Yea, it might be something to pause over, tho.
Quote:
Originally Posted by southking500 View Post
I wonder if he first waited a few seconds to for you to turn away like any courteous, non-snooping person would do while someone filled out a credit card application. And when you just stood there with the obvious intention of gleaning personal data like date of birth and annual income, he was at a loss as what to do. It's kind of hard to say "Could you please not be such a nosey ****?"
You say it was the push that bothered you the most. Are you sure it really wasn't the fact that you were busted?
But I do agree that he shouldn't have pushed you. Look at the bright side: you actually got him to go shopping with you and he can rack up some credit card debt buying baubles to give you. That can excuse a lot of pushing!
Or, instead of all the fantastic, imaginative silliness, he could just be a tool. My bet is a tool who shouldn't be applying for another credit card.

Old 06-30-2011, 08:03 PM

8,003 posts, read 11,730,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixi10 View Post
Alright, you guys made your point. Looking back, I should have been more considerate rather than take for granted he would have done the same thing i would have if I were in his shoes. It was my mistake to stand near him. I admit, i made a mistake it that, though i still don't see the big deal. It's not like I'm going to steal his info and run away with it. I would hope he has more trust in me than that.

I really really really can't see myself with this guy long term as of right now. This has been something that I've been feeling for a while now. In the beginning when he didn't talk about himself, I didn't think it was that big of a deal, though it bothered me, some people are just private. So I shared my life and told him my stories, hoping he would tell me his...which he didn't. And now several months later, nothing has changed. But I do like him so I stick around. But it's exhausting asking questions and not getting that many answers, I feel like I'm being nosy and interrogating him though I'm asking him to share basic information about himself with me.
I'm glad that you're feeling this way. You know, all snideness and silliness aside, it's just crazy to "see" youself in a long-term relationship with someone whom you know virtually nothing about. Seriously, is it really a huge stretch that he's got something fairly sinister to hide?

There are so many possible scenarios, some really bad, some not so bad, but possibly totally embarrassing for him. Personally, I wouldn't take a chance on someone who either didn't trust me, or couldn't be trusted. Again, there is no secure future with someone like that.

My hubby told me all kinds of things, when we were dating. It's a good thing he did, too, because after we'd been together awhile, he had to go to Alaska for several months and believe me, plenty of people took the opportunity to share things he'd done in his late teens. It was awfully nice to be able to look at them and say, "Yeah....I know, he told me all about it!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships