Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2011, 05:36 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,807,558 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
Man I had this punk MuthaFooker tell me I need to hold the door open for my chick...and I was like WHAT? We was at ihop and this man and a lady was leaving while we were walking in, my girl opened the door and held it while I was behind her and this random dude just spoke on it. My skin went 2000 degrees...I felt like the incredible Hulk and told dude if he wants a real issue Id put a hole in his skull. My girl is pulling me away & the guy mumbled something when he and his lady was leaving. I didnt even want to eat anymore I felt like I had wanted to cry, my mouth was dry...I was burning. It was just so random. Id never challenge any man I didnt know like that.
Sounds like you need to cool your temper. All thru life people are going to say stuff to you that you don't want to hear and you don't want to lose a job or a woman over a hot temper. It's fun when you can learn to laugh it off and even funner when you can laugh it off in their face.

An example: I was went to a Black Crowes concert one night a few years ago and we got there pretty early so I went to the bathroom. This redneck woman came up to me and asked me when we came and bought tix. I said about 5:00. She said, "Oh yeah? Well I been here since 2:00 and if you get in front of me I'm going to beat your a$$." I laughed about it for the rest of the night because I am 5'3" and mild as Clark Kent--it was the first time in my life that anyone had ever offered to do that. Every time I saw her I just laughed--not in a mean way, but like a WTF way. And later she did come and apologize and said she'd had a rough day. I bit back a comment about PMS, lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2011, 05:38 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,573,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisan View Post
I can see that happening. The superhero usually can be ignored mostly because he uses that persona to attract a certain kind of female and to engage a certain kind of male. When I say engage, I mean the way you described could happen or how the OP responded, by venting and thinking about the incident that is now in the past.

You can be killed, like your post indicated, or you can spend too much time thinking about people like that. Either way, that is not productive or healthy.
Male pride and male ego is a very strong force. What you are saying is easier said then done. Im just being honest about how I felt about a random man challenging me like he is a better man. Cause in my book someone could get hurt or killed. Millions of men are dead and in prison over the power force none as the male ego. You have it, I have it. Its a skill to master it, but when the heat is on...what can you do.

Old 07-02-2011, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
Sounds like you need to cool your temper. All thru life people are going to say stuff to you that you don't want to hear and you don't want to lose a job or a woman over a hot temper. It's fun when you can learn to laugh it off and even funner when you can laugh it off in their face.

An example: I was went to a Black Crowes concert one night a few years ago and we got there pretty early so I went to the bathroom. This redneck woman came up to me and asked me when we came and bought tix. I said about 5:00. She said, "Oh yeah? Well I been here since 2:00 and if you get in front of me I'm going to beat your a$$." I laughed about it for the rest of the night because I am 5'3" and mild as Clark Kent--it was the first time in my life that anyone had ever offered to do that. Every time I saw her I just laughed--not in a mean way, but like a WTF way. And later she did come and apologize and said she'd had a rough day. I bit back a comment about PMS, lol.
Im assuming you are a woman?

Old 07-02-2011, 05:42 PM

2,725 posts, read 5,192,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post

Exactly. Many men have it really tough because I suspect they were taught to suppress their feelings especially when they encounter rough people for the first time. For some men, they go straight to anger and can no longer identify that original feeling. In this case, being ashamed.

Really, there is nothing shameful about letting a woman do something herself and the OP knows this I am sure. If that feeling was honored, maybe the OP would have just concluded that the superhero was an idiot. End of story.

Old 07-02-2011, 05:43 PM

2,725 posts, read 5,192,374 times
Quote:
Male pride and male ego is a very strong force. What you are saying is easier said then done. Im just being honest about how I felt about a random man challenging me like he is a better man. Cause in my book someone could get hurt or killed. Millions of men are dead and in prison over the power force none as the male ego. You have it, I have it. Its a skill to master it, but when the heat is on...what can you do.
Step away. It really is not wimpy at all. That is what I believe is street "smarts." I don't know what kind of woman you want, but my husband better not get himself killed over something stupid like this. We have a daughter.

ETA: Did you ever consider that aggression should be used to get you out of trouble and not into trouble?

Old 07-02-2011, 05:45 PM

3,603 posts, read 5,941,029 times
Quote:
You can act like an adult.

Being mad is no excuse for hurting someone. When I get mad at someone and do something stupid as a result, I always feel guilty about it, not still angry at the other person. My overreaction was my fault, not his.

Old 07-02-2011, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Exactly. Many men have it really tough because I suspect they were taught to suppress their feelings especially when they encounter rough people for the first time. For some men, they go straight to anger and can no longer identify that original feeling. In this case, being ashamed.

Really, there is nothing shameful about letting a woman do something herself and the OP knows this I am sure. If that feeling was honored, maybe the OP would have just concluded that the superhero was an idiot. End of story.
But this thread is about MEN shaming MEN... its a whole other beast than women vs women. I know women do take many shot at each other, but most Men take shots for different reasons...or maybe its the same reason, but the two situations are different. If a women hits a women, they fight thats it its over. If a man hits a man, its an all out brawl that can spill over in many other violent situations the loser is not just going to go home and forget he just got beat up, he is gonna call friends and family that care about him for a retaliation, which can lead to another retaliation....yea its stupid, but men do this. We have to show the other guy who is boss. As silly as it sounds all this wise man Yoda feel the force talk goes out the window.

Old 07-02-2011, 05:50 PM

1,098 posts, read 1,866,695 times
White Knight syndrome, it's one hell of a disease!

Old 07-02-2011, 05:51 PM

3,603 posts, read 5,941,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
One time I was at a gas station helping my sister out with car. She didn't need my help at the moment and when needed, I would help her out. But then a guy with his woman comes over and asks me "Aye man, why ain't you helping her out? Don't let her do all the work." I wanted to curse him out like and say "She didn't need my help at the moment. So mind your own business!"

I know many of you are going to say I'm whining or have anger problems, but I personally cannot stand men who feels the need to shame or embarrass another man, just to please his woman and prove that he's better than the other man. At the same time, I can't stand any man who randomly harasses any random guy with other people (especially women) around. My sister actually agreed with me that the man should have minded his own business and not embarrass me like that.

What do you think of a man who front themselves in front of their wives or girlfriends and feels the need to shame other men at the same time?

If I had a girlfriend and I saw that another man wasn't helping another woman for whatever reason, I would basically mind my own business and give no thought. I don't need to shame another man to prove to her that I'm better than him.
It sounds like you met an idiot. Laugh it off. I'm not surprised that your sister agreed with you that he should have minded his own business. The truth is, he insulted her (by implying that she was incapable) more than he insulted you.

I'm glad you didn't cuss him out. It wouldn't have been worth it. It sounds like you handled it perfectly. Let fools be fools.

Old 07-02-2011, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Step away. It really is not wimpy at all. That is what I believe is street "smarts." I don't know what kind of woman you want, but my husband better not get himself killed over something stupid like this. We have a daughter.

ETA: Did you ever consider that aggression should be used to get you out of trouble and not into trouble?
We need to hear from more honest men...cause yall sounding like my girlfriend that day....sorry ladies this subject is over yall heads...no disrespect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships