Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2011, 07:07 PM

2,501 posts, read 3,648,778 times

Advertisements

Probably because the other guy wants to get with that girl and c*ck-block the other guy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2011, 07:58 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,056,348 times
Another thing that disturbs me about these "Superheros" is that when a random man and woman are in an argument, these men always want to step in as "Captain Save A...".

I absolutely have no respect for white knights and men who think violence (by women) against their own is funny.

Old 07-02-2011, 11:11 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,797,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
Male pride and male ego is a very strong force. What you are saying is easier said then done. Im just being honest about how I felt about a random man challenging me like he is a better man. Cause in my book someone could get hurt or killed. Millions of men are dead and in prison over the power force none as the male ego. You have it, I have it. Its a skill to master it, but when the heat is on...what can you do.
Quote:
Im assuming you are a woman?
Sigh OP, yes I'm a woman but not an idiot and I'm very well aware of male pride. Listen, I work with high school kids all day and I've been a substitute teacher. I know you're older and this is not to diminish you but the concept is the same. Sometimes I'd get some kid in my class who wanted to challenge me and I'd be getting ready to send him to the office but I always wanted to give him one more chance before I did. So I'd fix him/her with my special, over the reading glasses, hairy eyeball and say, "Am I worth it? Am I worth throwing away your school career and thus your future just because you wanted to challenge this little substitute teacher?" They usually backed down and got to work or at least went to sleep because they realized that I was totally not worth it to them.

By the same concept, is it worth it to go to jail or lose your gf or your job because some idiot said something stupid to you? I don't see a man who walks away from a stupid fight as less manly--I see him as someone who doesn't bother with fools. As you said, it's a skill to master it and we all have challenges. Apparently this one is yours.

Old 07-03-2011, 12:24 AM

2,736 posts, read 2,797,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
One time I was at a gas station helping my sister out with car. She didn't need my help at the moment and when needed, I would help her out. But then a guy with his woman comes over and asks me "Aye man, why ain't you helping her out? Don't let her do all the work." I wanted to curse him out like and say "She didn't need my help at the moment. So mind your own business!"

I know many of you are going to say I'm whining or have anger problems, but I personally cannot stand men who feels the need to shame or embarrass another man, just to please his woman and prove that he's better than the other man. At the same time, I can't stand any man who randomly harasses any random guy with other people (especially women) around.
My sister actually agreed with me that the man should have minded his own business and not embarrass me like that.

What do you think of a man who front themselves in front of their wives or girlfriends and feels the need to shame other men at the same time?

If I had a girlfriend and I saw that another man wasn't helping another woman for whatever reason, I would basically mind my own business and give no thought. I don't need to shame another man to prove to her that I'm better than him.
A situation as you described, I would mind my own business. Who am I to tell some other guy he needs to help his spouse out of the car. I do cringe when the guy hides under the bed and makes his wife open the door though. Send her down the hallway first kind of thing. C'mon, are you a man or a mouse? The same for the dude steering and his wife is pushing. Pathetic, and I will never look at that guy the same again. He's a wuss!

Old 07-03-2011, 01:02 AM

1,841 posts, read 3,173,646 times
* Sheesh I sense some serious testosterone*

What ever happened to laughing off and letting it roll off? See it for what it is and tell him simply as you laugh..."Keep it moving" "When I want your opinion I will give it you"...and smile...

Old 07-03-2011, 01:19 AM

2,736 posts, read 2,797,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr74 View Post
* Sheesh I sense some serious testosterone*

What ever happened to laughing off and letting it roll off? See it for what it is and tell him simply as you laugh..."Keep it moving" "When I want your opinion I will give it you"...and smile...
I wouldn't even say anything. Guys who always get bent or butthurt over piddly things seem to have other issues. Why are you jealous of other men? That guy shouldn't have opened his pie-hole but it wouldn't have bothered me enough to start a freakin' thread about it!

Old 07-03-2011, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Rambler View Post
I wouldn't even say anything. Guys who always get bent or butthurt over piddly things seem to have other issues. Why are you jealous of other men? That guy shouldn't have opened his pie-hole but it wouldn't have bothered me enough to start a freakin' thread about it!
A man can't start a thread to vent his frustrations on the matter? Tell that to women who might have experienced the same thing from other women.

I'm not jealous of other men, boy. I just can't stand guys who shame their own.

Old 07-03-2011, 01:49 AM

Quote:
F int Superheroes.....Hate em hate em hate em!!! They feel they can save every woman in the world. Superheroes are the lamest men ever. Ive had a few try me in my life and I didnt hesitate to start the physical challenge...girlfriends can **** you off enough, but when random Superhero steps in all I see is blood. Older guys like my dads age are normally the ones to do it, but there are reactions to bad actions.
Speak the truth, man.

Old 07-03-2011, 01:55 AM

1,841 posts, read 3,173,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Rambler View Post
lol...touche

Old 07-03-2011, 07:38 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,065,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor-jesus View Post
I agree, those type of men are pretty much the wannabe alpha macho type guys... its just pathetic. Note I said wannabe because thats all those guys are. They want to seem tough... But when they do stuff like that they really just look like insecure jerks.

REAL alpha men are the strong silent types, think Gary Cooper.
Combination of that and captain save a ho syndrome. Ugly combination.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships