Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2011, 04:47 PM

4,103 posts, read 7,028,376 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
So you two already have a court-approved arrangement? Boy, that was quick.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2011, 04:55 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,560,011 times
There's nothing wrong with wanting to finish school first. There is something wrong with expecting him to pay for it.

Old 07-03-2011, 04:58 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,740,695 times
I think you two are in for a few surprises. I hope you keep posting here.

Old 07-03-2011, 05:04 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,805,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlitasway View Post
Thanks for all the bashing but now the horse is here and you can hear the other side directly from her mouth. There is no other man. I have intimacy issues that run deep and I think my husband will be better off with someone who can fulfill his needs as I cannot. I have not been sitting on my butt the last 10 years. I have raised the kids, cooked, cleaned, etc. Finishing school will help me be able to support the children and not keep us struggling. I think that's important and I'm glad my husband does, too. I love him, he is my best friend but love and best friends is not always what makes it last.

I want the best for him and if that includes letting go and letting him find his equal then that's what I will do. I don't expect you guys to understand and who the f*ck cares if you ever do.
Carlita, first of all I want to apologize for my comments earlier when I was making an assumption. I know this is tough. So excuse me if I'm butting in on something too sensitive, but have you all tried to get help for your mismatch in the bedroom? I'd say that most men, no all men are likely to think you don't love them if there's no sex--that's how they love. I'm sure there have been plenty of fights, but have you guys tried to get help? Is sex with your husband so un-doable?

I ask this b/c while you're saying that you're leaving for him, he's saying that he doesn't want you to go. And you guys have kids in the home and I'm a firm believer that kids need both parents, assuming they're sane, and it sounds like you are. I guess what I'm saying is that if there is still love and you are still best friends, you have more than 80% of other married couples out there and then you guys can reconsider what you want after the kids are older.

Also, if you have no libido, I'm thinking that a visit to the doc might help. Or if you're both physically out of shape, you two could start to exercise together--you'd be amazed at how much that can help. My case was clear cut: man gay, end of story. But in your case, it sounds salvageable.

Old 07-03-2011, 06:57 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,795,818 times
Quote:
Thanks for all the bashing but now the horse is here and you can hear the other side directly from her mouth. There is no other man. I have intimacy issues that run deep and I think my husband will be better off with someone who can fulfill his needs as I cannot. I have not been sitting on my butt the last 10 years. I have raised the kids, cooked, cleaned, etc. Finishing school will help me be able to support the children and not keep us struggling. I think that's important and I'm glad my husband does, too. I love him, he is my best friend but love and best friends is not always what makes it last.

I want the best for him and if that includes letting go and letting him find his equal then that's what I will do. I don't expect you guys to understand and who the f*ck cares if you ever do.
If you were sincere about working out the marriage there is help for intamacy issues. If there is no abuse or cheating then really a couple if they really want to can work through such situations.

Quote:
Thank you for understanding. I guess everyone else would rather me not have a trade and be a struggling mother on welfare or work 3 jobs and never be able to watch the kids and have them raise themselves. It's not about me, it's about the kids
You are not the first women in the world who has had a family, obtained an education and started a career... It has been done time and again without having the excuse of a divorce or whatever.

Expecting him to be your meal ticket and pay for your education is a silly notion.

Wanting to provide for your family is a good noble notion. Feeling like you have to dump someone who you made a lifetime committment to is wonky.

If you love your husband but don't feel the loving feelings... You are misled about what love is. It is a choice. It is an act, it is not a flipping feeling.

Furthermore an education is not a guarantee of success. Nor a lack of education doom for failure.

Old 07-03-2011, 07:53 PM

4,103 posts, read 7,028,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
I think you two are in for a few surprises. I hope you keep posting here.
Yeah, that's gonna happen. Whatever gets posted gets twisted. I'm just using him for a meal ticket. He's a sucker who isn't fighting hard enough, etc. Yeap, I really want to keep posting here!

Anyway, I'm done. I've tried to explain even though I shouldn't have. Like I said in the first post, I don't expect most of you to understand since most of you are so damned bitter that you can't except that people can act like human beings in this sort of situation. Good luck to you guys because you need it.

Old 07-03-2011, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Yeah, that's gonna happen. Whatever gets posted gets twisted. I'm just using him for a meal ticket. He's a sucker who isn't fighting hard enough, etc. Yeap, I really want to keep posting here!

Anyway, I'm done. I've tried to explain even though I shouldn't have. Like I said in the first post, I don't expect most of you to understand since most of you are so damned bitter that you can't except that people can act like human beings in this sort of situation. Good luck to you guys because you need it.
You've explained it. Your logic seems week. But logic doesn't always prevail.

It is funny if one party in a marriage doesn't want to work through whatever issues they have, they make excuses.

Granted it takes two to make a relationship work or fail.

Old 07-03-2011, 08:40 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,560,011 times
Quote:

I don't think we are the bitter ones. We stated our opinions based on the information that was posted.

Old 07-03-2011, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogwalker425 View Post
I don't think we are the bitter ones. We stated our opinions based on the information that was posted.
We aren't twisting a thing. We are calling as we are seeing it. Count it as a lesson learned for some of us who have been through this.

Not bitter, but experienced. Sorry that some refuse to look it from another point of view.

Old 07-03-2011, 09:03 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,224,262 times
Quote:

No ma'am, you're the one who's going to need it, and your STBX, and most of all, sadly, your kids. You don't have a clue what you're walking into and some of us who have been where you are now are trying to shake you out of your daze. But not to worry, you'll be shaken out of it eventually.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships