Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 06:31 PM

3,770 posts, read 6,744,556 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
This could mean she's no longer "into you" but, wait and see and don't push.

well, i told her i thought she might be tired of me and that we don't have to keep our plans if she is. she said that she did this and that for me, and that she is busy. it's my choice if i don't want to see her.

i told her i still like her and that i am having a very stressed out day and to never mind what i said. i am stressed out today...too many problems and i think i over thought her. i guess texting several times a day is over the top to keep up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2011, 06:52 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,669,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixTheCat View Post
well, i told her i thought she might be tired of me and that we don't have to keep our plans if she is. she said that she did this and that for me, and that she is busy. it's my choice if i don't want to see her.

i told her i still like her and that i am having a very stressed out day and to never mind what i said. i am stressed out today...too many problems and i think i over thought her. i guess texting several times a day is over the top to keep up.
Do not text her again. See if you receive any kind of response back. If not, move on!

Old 07-06-2011, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
Do not text her again. See if you receive any kind of response back. If not, move on!
everything is still on with us.

what others said here about it not being realistic to keep up with 10 texts or emails a day is probably what it is about. some of the newness and excitement is gone. of course it is technically possible to text or email 10 times a day, it's not practical. and i guess there isn't a lot to say after a while by text/email. it gets a little boring repeating the same stuff about our daily routine.

Old 07-07-2011, 09:36 AM

16,224 posts, read 25,669,385 times
Quote:
everything is still on with us.

what others said here about it not being realistic to keep up with 10 texts or emails a day is probably what it is about. some of the newness and excitement is gone. of course it is technically possible to text or email 10 times a day, it's not practical. and i guess there isn't a lot to say after a while by text/email. it gets a little boring repeating the same stuff about our daily routine.
Thats good to hear! Yeah, it seems to be like that in the beginning, doesn`t it. Good luck!

Old 07-07-2011, 09:50 AM

538 posts, read 1,522,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
People usually neglect what they need to do early on and eventually have to return to their regular routines and rhythm of life. That's natural. However, deliberate cool-offs are common, too.
This is how it was when my wife and I met. We made each other such a priority at first, but then after a few weeks, we needed time to get the rest of our lives back in order. Yet we still saw each other every day, just not 23 hours a day like we had for the first two weeks.

Old 07-07-2011, 09:51 AM

112 posts, read 191,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
It's priority thing.
Scenario #1:

You: "I was thinking about trying that new restaurant Friday. Want to join me?"

Other Person: "Can't, I'm really busy these days."

You: "Oh, cool. Hey, I'm having some people over for the game next weekend, you'd be welcome to come."

Other Person: "Yeah, that won't work...like I said, I'm just really busy."

You: "Oh."
But is this really bad?

I see it as a cross-roads where the 'other person' could be saying, "I'm past the 'text you all the time' stage and am OK with less contact."

The cross-road is where 'you' have to decide whether this level of contact is OK or whether you need more and frequent connection to your SO.

As a lower contact person I'd want to know if 'you' wanted 10 texts per day to keep 'you' happy. I don't think I could do that long term although in the early stages I could. Same for phone calls - once per day is more than enough for me.

WC

Last edited by WireChief; 07-07-2011 at 09:51 AM.. Reason: Grammar

Old 07-08-2011, 06:06 PM

Update. I text her good morning yesterday and we text back and forth several times and emailed too. It was just about weekend plans and joking around. We have plans for Sat afternoon and evening. But today no one sent any text or email. I still think it's a little odd, but whatever. I don't want to initiate today because I did yesterday. I have the feeling she thinks she's got me and she doesn't have to send any nice 'hello text". It bugs me. I don't think she knows how easy it is for me to find someone.

Old 07-08-2011, 07:11 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,368,760 times
Good grief, you sound like a stalker. Get a life. Some people don't have time to text all day long. I am not dating, but if I was, I have a busy job, go to the gym, ride my bike, do house cleaning, stuff...some people are really busy! And they date people who are also really busy! Sure, you like this girl...but you are really sounding too needy...

Old 07-08-2011, 07:41 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,477,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post

If you want to know if somebody's actually busy, but still interested, versus "busy," i.e. "not interested anymore," pay special attention to the willingness with which they suggest or agree to alternate plans.

Agreed.

Old 07-08-2011, 07:56 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,385,589 times
Quote:
Update. I text her good morning yesterday and we text back and forth several times and emailed too. It was just about weekend plans and joking around. We have plans for Sat afternoon and evening. But today no one sent any text or email. I still think it's a little odd, but whatever. I don't want to initiate today because I did yesterday. I have the feeling she thinks she's got me and she doesn't have to send any nice 'hello text". It bugs me. I don't think she knows how easy it is for me to find someone.
I will be honest with you, don't take it the wrong way. You are over-analyzing and giving out a very insecure vibe about the relationship. She may sense that and I can assure you, it's a turn-off for her. You need to just relax and let things flow naturally. It's not a game of who initiated first. You have already made plans for tomorrow, so just give her a call today to confirm and that's it.

I'm not sure if it's a streak of bad relationships and flaky women that causes you to be like that...If she is still making plans with you, it's not imperative to keep constant communication of numerous texts and emails throughout the day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships