Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 02:47 PM

23 posts, read 71,138 times

Advertisements

No no. I don't have anything to do with her bad days (days when she seems moody, upset, etc.) Those days or totally random and I can tell within a couple minutes if something is wrong.

I am very conscientious about NOT being overaggressive. Trust me on that.

I have never said "I love you." I don't act creepy/overaggressive/stalkerish.
I don't call or send text messages, emails, facebook, etc. I am very easy-going--I don't have one of those overbearing personalities.

We work together in a small company. We are good friends. Am I supposed to ignore it if she is almost in tears? What's wrong with being supportive? Or doing nice things on birthdays, christmas? Especially since I also receive things.

This has been going on for over a year but before that I was the recipient of more attention from her for a good while.

How does this make me a pushover? I have my own life. Sure, I see her a lot but that's because of work. I have my own friends, family...I have a full schedule of activities constantly. I am not sitting around at home.

I don't pressure her for anything. I do nice things, but it's because I care and we're FRIENDS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2011, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
that part doesn't make sense to me.

anyway, "pursuit" is letting her know that you are interested in her personally AND sexually. When people talk about "too nice", typically what is meant, is behaving as if you weren't interested in screwing her brains out.
You can be a good dude and still show that you want to screw her brains out. Those things aren't mutually exclusive.

Old 07-14-2011, 02:49 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,763,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tee247 View Post
You can be a good dude and still show that you want to screw her brains out. Those things aren't mutually exclusive.
i agree.

the question is, are you both things? have you showed interest in her sexually?

Old 07-14-2011, 03:05 PM

112 posts, read 192,057 times
Quote:
She is often moody and upset. I always do whatever I can to cheer her up and make her feel better whether it be via positive words, jokes, smiling, looking out for her, listening to her, reinforcing to her that things aren't so bad, etc. A lot of support.
I think what you said here is fairly clear and doesn't have a lot of room for re-defining as you did in response to another poster here. "A lot of support" means "a lot" doesn't it?

To me, this is what she sounds like:
- A needy selfish person who uses crises and problems to extract attention from other people.
- Immature in how she deals with problems and people.

Some times these folks have a hard time with the concept of 'give and take'.

Regardless of whether she likes you as a friend or not, if you develop a relationship that goes all the way then I fear you will be dealing with a whinny, moody person every day.

Keep in mind, after marriage, little irrational frustrations she has with you, will grow into something worse.

Know what you are getting into.

WC

Old 07-14-2011, 03:27 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,705,013 times
Quote:
you know as desperate as I may be I'd be a little concerned if a girl came up to me and told me she wants to screw my brains out. surely that applies in reverse for women as well.

Old 07-14-2011, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
you know as desperate as I may be I'd be a little concerned if a girl came up to me and told me she wants to screw my brains out. surely that applies in reverse for women as well.
I totally agree.

While it's flattering to be wanted, it's too forward/pushy/creepy to fully display something like that.

Question: When you like someone, isn't it implied that you are attracted to them physically?

Old 07-14-2011, 06:08 PM

85 posts, read 110,906 times
Speaking from a girl perspective, I don't want someone I'm dating to be another girlfriend. If I want tea and sympathy, that's where I'd go. The guys that were "too nice" never got anywhere with me...it's a turnoff. I didn't like bad boys (well, at one time I did ;-) but I want a guy who's got his own interests, opinions, etc and don't give in to my every whim. There needs to be some give and take in all relationships. You sound like you are dangerously close to being pigeon-holed as "just friends".

Old 07-14-2011, 06:48 PM

3,770 posts, read 6,751,564 times
^^^ agreed, you waited too long to make a move. you are a just a friend. keep this up and that's what you will always be. let her go cry to her girlfriends.

Old 07-14-2011, 06:55 PM

2,596 posts, read 5,585,848 times
Quote:
This has been going on for over a year but before that I was the recipient of more attention from her for a good while.

How does this make me a pushover? I have my own life. Sure, I see her a lot but that's because of work. I have my own friends, family...I have a full schedule of activities constantly. I am not sitting around at home.

I don't pressure her for anything. I do nice things, but it's because I care and we're FRIENDS.
So, it's your life to live how you like. You can tell us all to go jump off a bridge and disregard any advice you receive here. My gut says that you wouldn't have posted the question in the first place if you didn't worry something might be wrong with what you were doing.

My concern is that if it's been a year of this, perhaps you're expending too much energy for too little reward and allowing life to pass you by. I knew a guy like that in college. He'd had a crush on this girl for 4 years. They were "friends." He doted upon her, would do anything for her, be her shoulder to cry on whenever she needed it. She got exactly what she wanted out of the relationship--a friend, and one who was completely devoted to her. But what he really wanted? Yup, he wanted to be her boyfriend. But she didn't feel that way, and she ended up marrying someone else right out of college. Of course he was crushed.

So, do what you want. But I would do some serious thinking about how long you plan to devote to doting upon someone who seems to offer you very little in return.

Old 07-14-2011, 07:01 PM

6,455 posts, read 7,018,342 times
As chauvinist as it may say sounds...take my advice...

never take advice about women from women. Listen and observe other men who actually get women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships