Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2011, 09:08 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,228,373 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight2009 View Post
I don't quite understand...why exactly is dating "not a right"? If we say dating is not a right, isn't that the same as saying that some ppl deserve to date, marry, and be happy, but others don't? Isn't that dividing ppl into 2 camps: the "Have's" and "Have Nots"?
No, not really. Everybody has the right to vote under lawful conditions. It's an opportunity given to all people in the US as residents over the age of 18 without criminal records. The same cannot be said for dating, nor whatever gender roles some wish to employ. You do have the right to marry, but that is conditional via the person you wish to marry. You do not have a right to subjugate another human being.

Quote:
How can it be fair or just, to imply that some ppl get to date, and others simply don't? Again, I don't get it...
It's not fair, and it's not a right. Again, you do not have a right to subjugate others unwillingly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2011, 09:12 PM

10 posts, read 16,654 times
I was born and raised in Canada. I've been in the states since 2002. There seems to be a lot of confusion as to who has which role(if there are any roles), who asks who out, who does what around the house, etc. Canada seemed to be at both sides. People were traditional, but also more progressive and equal. When I lived in Canada, women weren't necessarily passive and people in general seemed happier.

And for those(men and women) that complain about feminism, you've seen nothing. Go to Sweden and check them out. You'll see it's not so bad here.

Old 07-23-2011, 09:36 PM

5,460 posts, read 7,773,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
No, not really. Everybody has the right to vote under lawful conditions. It's an opportunity given to all people in the US as residents over the age of 18 without criminal records. The same cannot be said for dating, nor whatever gender roles some wish to employ. You do have the right to marry, but that is conditional via the person you wish to marry. You do not have a right to subjugate another human being.

It's not fair, and it's not a right. Again, you do not have a right to subjugate others unwillingly.
Fair enough -- thx for your thoughts. (I also didn't mean to imply that anyone should be subjugated into marriage, either )

Old 07-23-2011, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeShoreSoxGo View Post
As soon as women start registering for the draft at 18, I'll start listening to this equality jibber jabber. Until then, you are not my equal.
Oh, I missed this little gem. Dear sir, I will contend that I am superior to your equal. Lots of lols, emoticons, etc. *yawns*

Old 07-23-2011, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight2009 View Post
Fair enough -- thx for your thoughts. (I also didn't mean to imply that anyone should be subjugated into marriage, either )
Well, subjugation is one of those pesky gender issues. Clearly, it's not an o'natural inclination you have. For all the rest, send them my way. he he ho ho.

Old 07-23-2011, 09:54 PM

3,440 posts, read 5,727,033 times
Since feminism the divorces and single parent households have risen exponentially.

Old 07-23-2011, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
Since feminism the divorces and single parent households have risen exponentially.
Well, it's really happened due to civil rights. That's when white men have been having so many problems with their white women. That's what really matters, ya know. Maybe we should just get to the crux of the issue here, huh?

Old 07-23-2011, 11:09 PM

4,576 posts, read 9,177,557 times
Quote:
Yep, and the break down of the family and decline in decent moral values as well.

Old 07-24-2011, 05:26 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,759,879 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal Dude View Post
Yep, and the break down of the family and decline in decent moral values as well.
So you are blaming these two huge things, the divorce rate and decline of moral values on the fact women got the right to vote and have some equality in life?

You are both quite obviously not well read people, because the rise of feminism in other countries simply does not correlate with either of these.

Very simplistic attitudes for extremely complex social actions.

And let's say for good humour, that feminism is to blame. What would you want to happen? For women to lose their rights? Would you also like to re-enact Slavery and segregation for African Americans?

If you read some history you will have a better understanding of whys and hows instead of just bemoaning the fact that big bad feminist men and women destroyed the world.

And yes, men helped the feminist cause.

Old 07-24-2011, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
So you are blaming these two huge things, the divorce rate and decline of moral values on the fact women got the right to vote and have some equality in life?

You are both quite obviously not well read people, because the rise of feminism in other countries simply does not correlate with either of these.

Very simplistic attitudes for extremely complex social actions.

And let's say for good humour, that feminism is to blame. What would you want to happen? For women to lose their rights? Would you also like to re-enact Slavery and segregation for African Americans?

If you read some history you will have a better understanding of whys and hows instead of just bemoaning the fact that big bad feminist men and women destroyed the world.

And yes, men helped the feminist cause.
Excellent post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships