Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2011, 09:39 PM

1,591 posts, read 3,428,987 times

Advertisements

One of the great things about women is that, except for a small minority, they all make a REAL effort to look nice, nearly all the time. They dress nicely, are well put together, clean, and all around pleasant. a lot of guys don't notice it, but go outside and take a look and you will see that its true. even a girl you might not find attractive, at least look at how she is dressed and put together. You can tell she made an effort, and does indeed look at least pretty nice and presentable. saying she is unattractive is unfair, she might not be your cup of tea but she is certainly not some swamp creature, that's ridiculous. That is like 80% of women there. the others wear sweat pants, fat folds, split ends, and other unfortunate appearances, and should not represent the majority.

To you ladies that say there are no attractive men...come on, gimme a break. you know thats not true. there are plenty and you know it, maybe a lower percentage than women but there are still plenty of guys out there who look just fine, admit it.

Old 09-07-2011, 09:45 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,021,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElysianEagle View Post
oh no, you don't say!

there are women on this very forum who'll argue until the end of time that they're just as hot - no, hotter - at 40 or 50 than they were back at 20. they'd also have you believe that this is true for ALL women in general.

there was a thread on here a while back, started by some guy in his 40s in which he said he just didn't find women his age attractive. the posts made by women in that thread are interesting to say the least
You love to put women down, don't you? From behind the anonymity of a keyboard, anyway.

You may or may not recall that that thread went from giggle-chortle-snort to Bitter Man Tears in about two seconds when some of us women began admitting we find college guy bods way more attractive than slightly flaccid "Hey, I don't look so bad!" (um, yes you do) middle-age ones. We women are so superficial.

Oh, yeah, and there was also the "we can still get the hot college girls even though we're bald and fat, because we have jobs" faction. Remember the guy who said a man with even a ditch-digger job (or something like that...is ditch-digging actually a job?) could "get" a hot college girl by offering to buy her a cheeseburger and a Cherry Coke? I don't think he'd tested his theory, though, and it's little wonder.

Old 09-07-2011, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1208 View Post
To you ladies that say there are no attractive men...come on, gimme a break. you know thats not true. there are plenty and you know it, maybe a lower percentage than women but there are still plenty of guys out there who look just fine, admit it.
Sometimes it's regional, actually. I would not have believed that if I'd never moved to Los Angeles. I'm amazed at how many adorable guys there are here. Go, adorable guys. Keep up the good work!

Old 09-07-2011, 09:48 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,191,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Sometimes it's regional, actually. I would not have believed that if I'd never moved to Los Angeles. I'm amazed at how many adorable guys there are here. Go, adorable guys. Keep up the good work!
Well, sure... Every waiter in La La Land moved there in hopes to become a star...

Old 09-07-2011, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Well, sure... Every waiter in La La Land moved there in hopes to become a star...
That may very well be it, actually. There are many beautiful women here, too. I guess I just don't ogle them the way I might ogle the dudes.

It's also somewhat an attitude, though. Guys dress cute here (the rest of the nation likes to jealously claim they're "all gay"). They stay younger-looking because they keep the nice haircuts and they don't act stodgy. I think it's a combination of things.

Old 09-07-2011, 09:51 PM

941 posts, read 1,805,118 times
Default Hey, Sierra AZ

Cyndy... is that you??

Old 09-07-2011, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryswan View Post
Cyndy... is that you??
Mmm... no... But even if my name WERE Cyndy, I probably wouldn't tell you on an open forum!

495 posts, read 684,979 times
Whats the quote, "theres no such thing as an ugly woman just a lazy one".

483 posts, read 1,560,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1208 View Post
One of the great things about women is that, except for a small minority, they all make a REAL effort to look nice, nearly all the time. They dress nicely, are well put together, clean, and all around pleasant. a lot of guys don't notice it, but go outside and take a look and you will see that its true. even a girl you might not find attractive, at least look at how she is dressed and put together. You can tell she made an effort, and does indeed look at least pretty nice and presentable. saying she is unattractive is unfair, she might not be your cup of tea but she is certainly not some swamp creature, that's ridiculous. That is like 80% of women there. the others wear sweat pants, fat folds, split ends, and other unfortunate appearances, and should not represent the majority.
Are you kidding? Where do you live? Obviously it's not in the US because only a small portion of US women "make a real effort to look good nearly all the time". Like 3%? Most of the time they look like slobs, spending 15 seconds on their hair and 0-1 minute on makeup. Then put on flipflops and whatever random clean shirt they have at the top of their dresser. Is that your idea of putting in effort?

And once they're married or hooked in a guy, their effort level falls even lower. The excuse becomes "I don't have time anymore". The real reason is, "I just got even lazier "

Old 09-07-2011, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordvader44 View Post
Whats the quote, "theres no such thing as an ugly woman just a lazy one".
I'd agree somewhat. I certainly don't look the same during the day and when I roll out of bed. Same goes for men, though, and the majority of them ARE lazy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships