Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2011, 11:32 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,291,770 times

Advertisements

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

Old 09-08-2011, 11:35 AM

232 posts, read 633,141 times
I think the chart is off and doesn't really show average (5's) well. 2's should be in there with the 1's and then 7's to 3's should fall a notch down and different expamples of 7's should be made. Then there are individual examples that should be higher or lower as well.

I think most of us are able to universally agree on what is attractive and what's not, but on an individual basis, we're going to adapt to viewing someone that is generally considered ugly to everyone else as being attractive depending on our own level on such a scale and call that "beauty is in the eyes of the beholder". And if we're haters, even learn to attach negativity to what is generally accpeted as attractive to rationalize why we're #1 and better than they are.

Old 09-08-2011, 12:01 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,879,271 times
my take on this is that everyone has the right to desire what they want, if an ugly man desires only 10/10 hot girls thats fine....will he cry because he gets no responses? most likely, but he can have those impossible standards. Women who are larger (who i happen to love btw) or below average can want Brad Pitt lookalikes if they want but again, will the lookalike be attracted to her? Will it affect her chances for romance that her standards are really high? maybe, but that is her choice and she can want whatever she wants.

Old 09-08-2011, 12:11 PM

1,133 posts, read 2,284,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herc130 View Post
I think the chart is off and doesn't really show average (5's) well. 2's should be in there with the 1's and then 7's to 3's should fall a notch down and different expamples of 7's should be made. Then there are individual examples that should be higher or lower as well.

I think most of us are able to universally agree on what is attractive and what's not, but on an individual basis, we're going to adapt to viewing someone that is generally considered ugly to everyone else as being attractive depending on our own level on such a scale and call that "beauty is in the eyes of the beholder". And if we're haters, even learn to attach negativity to what is generally accpeted as attractive to rationalize why we're #1 and better than they are.
This is entertaining but a horrible representation of the actual scale.

Old 09-08-2011, 12:51 PM

3,588 posts, read 5,732,035 times
Ugly men lower their standards so women should do the same.

I respectfully disagree. So-called ugly men want the best woman they can get. And an ugly man may not treat a good looking woman as well as a man who is better matched to her looks-wise.

Old 09-08-2011, 01:04 PM

3,588 posts, read 5,732,035 times
I was checking the little chart on a previous page here, and based on what I see, one may infer that only Caucasian and Asian women get to be viewed and "hot" and universally attractive. I suppose Hollywood casting directors who hire Halle Berry and Eva Mendes can be excused for their temporary ignorance or insanity.

Old 09-08-2011, 01:09 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,720,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laorbust61 View Post
I was checking the little chart on a previous page here, and based on what I see, one may infer that only Caucasian and Asian women get to be viewed and "hot" and universally attractive. I suppose Hollywood casting directors who hire Halle Berry and Eva Mendes can be excused for their temporary ignorance or insanity.
The chart was probably put together by a couple of white guys in their early 20s indicating what they like.

Old 09-08-2011, 01:15 PM

1,140 posts, read 2,140,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
It's been said already, but there are just as many ugly guys as ugly women. In my opinion, there are very few really good looking people. I do think though on average not so good looking women will try for men out of their league at a higher rate. Uglier guys don't seem to have the confidence to go for the hotties like the ugly girls do. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that men will sleep with women much uglier than them whereas I like to think that most hot women tend to go for hot guys. Although this is not always the case and there are exceptions to everything.

I mean let's face it, we all know the majority of men between the ages of 20 and thirty will sleep with many girls who are not in their league. There is some truth to men being dogs; however, this does not apply to all men. The same can be said for "some" women, but certainly not at the rate of men. Case in point: I knew this pretty hot girl about 15 years back and she slept with some scary looking guys. I mean real scary. One looked like Freddy Krueger. His face was very badly burnt. That was an unusual example and certainly not the norm. she took me to see my girlfriend at the time who was in a hospital about forty five minutes away (at the time I lost my license). After we left, she put the moves on me. I wasn't having it. It's not that I was above cheating back then, because I was in my early twenties and I was a dog back then. Not anymore. I haven't cheated in years. But, because of knowing who she had slept with, there was no way in he ll I was hitting it, no matter how cute she was. It's funny how people change. Now, I don't care who is with who, the past is the past. but at that particular time in my life, things like that mattered to me. Being young for me was being ignorant. Looking back, I'd like to think that she saw something in him obviously besides looks. Oh who am I kidding, she was just a freak.

I like to think that most people try for people who are similar on the good looking scale. But I have noticed many women will shoot for guys out of their league. I guess they figure, men are dogs and will hump anything. For some men this is true (especially for the young) but it sure isn't true for all.

I personally am picky as he ll. I had a rep as a young lad as a player and I have worked hard to shake that image over the years. If I wouldn't want you as a potential mate, chances are I would not hook up with you. Don't get me wrong, if I was single and at a bar and I have a good set of beer goggles on, there really is no telling what I might take home just for a one nighter. But it would most likely be there home, because I wouldn't want a one night stand to know where I live. However; unlike many guys, I'll tell a girl upfront that it is only going to be a one night stand. Nothing more. Then the balls in their court, and I can live guilt free for not decieving anyone. And I have found most women respect the honesty. I can't say it really hurt me when I was single.

I guess when I was younger I would really try to get as many girls as possible - it was more of a numbers game - When I think back the ones I really fancied were the ones I think back about. If i was single again I would only go out with women I find attractive or genuinely have some desire for - and not just someone I think who might look good on my arm, or just to be seen to be going out with someone, or to boast about to the guys, after all whats the point

Plus we all have different versions of what is attractive - it might be similar facial features as ourselves. For example, most of the supermodel types, I don't find that attractive - but the media tells us they are beautiful.

Its perhaps the same with dating sites - your going out on dates with people you don't have a genuine attraction for - all this crap about similar interests, hobbies etc - ok it helps but a genuine spark of attraction between two people.

But yeah - I must admit 90 - 95 per cent of women I just don't find attractive, just plain to me, and its not that i expect a supermodel but surely its not too much to ask be attracted to someone, you know guys who would sleep with any woman for sex - just for the sake of having sex, whats the point

Old 09-08-2011, 01:20 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,970,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herc130 View Post

OMG!! The attached photo is friggin' hilarious (please click on his post above for photo as it does not show up here) . OMG the 1s through 4s are not even from this planet. They could all play mutants in the next X-Men movie and not have to go through make up or wardrobe. They can just show up as they are. LOL. Think I have to go back and edit a post I made earlier about saying all women have to do is not be fat and they would have a chance. I really think I was wrong now. You can take any of those creatures on levels 1-4 and put a Kim Kardashian, Carmen Electra, or Sophia Vergara body on them and they would still be avoided like maggot infested skunk puke on a decomposing dead rat.

I have to say though, what is listed there as 9s really should be pushed back to 7s. Maybe they are 9s by midwest standards, 10s by southern standards, but they are barely 7s by Los Angeles (and my personal) standards.

Old 09-08-2011, 01:39 PM

20,728 posts, read 19,377,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
OMG!! The attached photo is friggin' hilarious (please click on his post above for photo as it does not show up here) . OMG the 1s through 4s are not even from this planet. They could all play mutants in the next X-Men movie and not have to go through make up or wardrobe. They can just show up as they are. LOL. Think I have to go back and edit a post I made earlier about saying all women have to do is not be fat and they would have a chance. I really think I was wrong now. You can take any of those creatures on levels 1-4 and put a Kim Kardashian, Carmen Electra, or Sophia Vergara body on them and they would still be avoided like maggot infested skunk puke on a decomposing dead rat.

I have to say though, what is listed there as 9s really should be pushed back to 7s. Maybe they are 9s by midwest standards, 10s by southern standards, but they are barely 7s by Los Angeles (and my personal) standards.
In the Midwestern burbs, those 4s would be real beauties. But then there is the retinal burn one can suffer in the hinterlands of Wisconsin. At first you think someone put acid in your continental breakfast, but I am pretty sure I saw the air ripple, like over a bone fire, as they passed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships