Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 10:29 AM

3,083 posts, read 4,879,271 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by laorbust61 View Post
Oh no, pretty sure that chart will not be making an appearance. It would interfere with the delusion some "men" on this thread have that, women exists solely for their use and pleasure, and they alone have the right to decide if a woman is "worthy"

They attacked my post like a couple of snarling dingos foaming at the mouth, simply because I suggested that just because a woman is very attractive, it doesn't mean she would make a good relationshp partner.
a man or woman can desire whatever they want whether it be a 10/10 or whatever, its not up to YOU to judge them for doing so. A very attractive woman may or may not make a good relationship partner, just like the 1/10 may or may not make a good relationship parter.

Old 09-09-2011, 10:39 AM

3,588 posts, read 5,732,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrensmooth View Post
a man or woman can desire whatever they want whether it be a 10/10 or whatever, its not up to YOU to judge them for doing so. A very attractive woman may or may not make a good relationship partner, just like the 1/10 may or may not make a good relationship parter.
I maintain that in the end, the Shallow Hals will get and are getting their just desserts in the dating, marriage and divorce departments. I agree with you though. They have the right to desire and choose whomever they want.

I'm wondering though...why do the women who are perceived as less desireable, also have to be objects of ridicule and derision? Why do jokes about their being subhuman have to be made? Why the cruelty? Is it due to frustration on the part of these men, that "9s" and "10s" are not giving them the time of day, even though they are being lusted after? I see a lot of strutting, and locker room talk and male posturing going on here, but I don't see the most vocal posters showing off pictures of their mates. Do they have something to hide, perhaps? Things that make you go hmm.

Old 09-09-2011, 10:39 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,405,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
I was thinking about this. If I am anything below a 6 or 7 in the looks department, it MUST mean I am a truly incredible person on the inside. After all, I HAVE always dated 8s, 9s and 10s. So my thoughts are, either I am a 8 or 9 myself, OR I am just an incredibly wonderful person (or both).

Maybe is a LOT of tha ladder, and a bit of the former.

It's all about perception. Your 10 is someone's 5, whether it be in regards to yourself or the women you dated/married.

Old 09-09-2011, 11:00 AM

422 posts, read 757,318 times
Okay after so many pages we have all agreed that there is an equal amount of people that others think are not attractive
on both sides....so people should still be able to find SO's right???? I say this thread gets closed.

Old 09-09-2011, 11:13 AM

20,728 posts, read 19,377,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tejano2828 View Post
Okay after so many pages we have all agreed that there is an equal amount of people that others think are not attractive
on both sides....so people should still be able to find SO's right???? I say this thread gets closed.
I'd agree. Though it was high jacked somewhere. The subject was the differences online.

Old 09-09-2011, 11:21 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,720,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
It's all about perception. Your 10 is someone's 5, whether it be in regards to yourself or the women you dated/married.
I think people who say they married a 10 do so:
  • in order to compliment their spouse
  • as a matter of pride
  • because they really think so
  • because it's the truth
Probably in that order.

Old 09-09-2011, 11:35 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,970,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I think people who say they married a 10 do so:
  • in order to compliment their spouse
  • as a matter of pride
  • because they really think so
  • because it's the truth
Probably in that order.
True. You guys have seen the pics of Mrs. Lao, she is definitely a 10 to me (and will rank no lower than 8 on anyone else's chart in the world). Even if I were blind, and never laid eyes on her, she'd still be a 10.

I know I am not a 10 in the looks department, but I really have always done very well for myself in the chicks department. So I have either been very very lucky in love, or I really am just an all around wonderfully charming individual.

Old 09-09-2011, 11:46 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,720,278 times
Quote:
True. You guys have seen the pics of Mrs. Lao, she is definitely a 10 to me (and will rank no lower than 8 on anyone else's chart in the world). Even if I were blind, and never laid eyes on her, she'd still be a 10.

I know I am not a 10 in the looks department, but I really have always done very well for myself in the chicks department. So I have either been very very lucky in love, or I really am just an all around wonderfully charming individual.
Nothing wrong with loving on your wife, Lao. She should be the apple of your eye.

As for why you're so lucky, I think it's the Sex Panther by Odeon.

Old 09-09-2011, 11:50 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,970,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Nothing wrong with loving on your wife, Lao. She should be the apple of your eye.

As for why you're so lucky, I think it's the Sex Panther by Odeon.
Thanks.

I dont know what the sex panther by Odeon is, but it sounds like something good to have. Here all this time I thought I was lucky because Im hung pretty well and am so adorably charming.

Old 09-09-2011, 11:52 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,405,624 times
Quote:
Thanks.

I dont know what the sex panther by Odeon is, but it sounds like something good to have. Here all this time I thought I was lucky because Im hung pretty well and am so adorably charming.
Again, it's all about perception. In this case, self perception.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships