Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2011, 01:36 AM

3,485 posts, read 7,313,730 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bson1257 View Post
After looking through many online dating sites, I'm surprised at how many below average looking women there are. More importantly, its amazing how many of them seem to have very high standards. If a women is as big as Sherman Klump, you really shouldn't have high standards. Ugly men lower their standards so women should do the same.
Maybe you are leaning towards the gay side, that's why you think more than the usual proportion of women look below average? Cuz by definition about 50% of of them should look below average.

Old 09-08-2011, 06:06 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,080,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by josh u View Post
Are you kidding? Where do you live? Obviously it's not in the US because only a small portion of US women "make a real effort to look good nearly all the time". Like 3%? Most of the time they look like slobs, spending 15 seconds on their hair and 0-1 minute on makeup. Then put on flipflops and whatever random clean shirt they have at the top of their dresser. Is that your idea of putting in effort?

And once they're married or hooked in a guy, their effort level falls even lower. The excuse becomes "I don't have time anymore". The real reason is, "I just got even lazier "
I'm thinking this might be regional. When I lived in the sticks of Western NY then yup...you pretty much hit the nail on the head with regard to effort.

I live in the Raleigh area (NC) and most women I know dress nicely, do their hair and make-up and look presentable before leaving the house, even the ones that are "hitched".

Also, to whomever said there are no good looking guys...there is PLENTY of eye candy here!

Old 09-08-2011, 06:48 AM

1,591 posts, read 3,428,987 times
some of you people should probably be talking to a therapist rather than internet strangers.

how can you say only 3% of women are good looking? especially in the summer, when they're all out there in their shorts and stuff, walkin' around...

and some of your attitudes about guys...ridiculous. You say all this about guys being unattractive, yet, look around you...somehow they manage, physically attractive or not. Besides, since when was being pretty such an asset to guys anyways? Its no wonder some of these guys have all these issues, for all of time guys have been expected to be the breadwinners and protectors of their families, now you want them to be pretty boys who spend as much time in front of the mirror as you?

What do you want these people to look like, celebrities? Celebrities don't even look like celebrities, ever seen them without makeup and tv lighting? people are good looking, if you don't hold them all up to some ridiculous standard that few can fulfill

Old 09-08-2011, 08:18 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,397,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
TV in general and sit-coms in particular thrives on putting men down. This just makes it easier and more palatable. Women might complain if the actor that they had the hots for was insulted. Advertisers don't like that.
Sorry. Even when I was a kid (in Cali - where people tend to try harder), I always wondered why my parents' friends almost always consisted of a well-put together, in shape woman with some fatty slob, balding (albeit usually well-dressed) guy. It's like the guys stop trying once they get in a relationship.

Old 09-08-2011, 08:24 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,405,624 times
We women can't win.

If we put effort in, then we're high maintenance...a no-no with C-D men. If we don't put in any effort, we're ugly, lazy slobs.

What a bunch of whiners!

Old 09-08-2011, 08:44 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,432,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
We women can't win.

If we put effort in, then we're high maintenance...a no-no with C-D men. If we don't put in any effort, we're ugly, lazy slobs.

What a bunch of whiners!
Extremes and excess in anything is never healthy......

Old 09-08-2011, 09:50 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,640,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
We women can't win.

What a bunch of whiners!
It all depends on how attractive you are. I have friends that are really good looking and often roll right out of bed and go out wearing sweat pants, tank tops and uggs with no makeup and their hair messed up and they still get hit on constantly. Rarely would a guy call them lazy... Because they're hot.

Old 09-08-2011, 10:28 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,720,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
It all depends on how attractive you are. I have friends that are really good looking and often roll right out of bed and go out wearing sweat pants, tank tops and uggs with no makeup and their hair messed up and they still get hit on constantly. Rarely would a guy call them lazy... Because they're hot.
That's a good point, although I think you might repeat this over on the high maintenance thread.

A beautiful young woman with a ponytail and no makeup is labeled a fresh-faced girl next door. Brigitte Bardot was famous for her messy, just-rolled-out-of-bed hair. That's because a beautiful woman who looks like she just got out of bed makes men wonder whether they can get her back into it!

Old 09-08-2011, 10:52 AM

3,083 posts, read 4,879,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging-Hetero View Post
Stupid post.

EDIT:

This only suggests that you have an incredibly rigid perception of beauty.
I was thinking the same thing...3 in your entire life and you are staring at 50?..that seems absurd, I mean even people who judge/decide who can model arent that picky.

Old 09-08-2011, 11:12 AM

2,440 posts, read 3,433,104 times
As if there is only one universal standard of what should be perceived as attractive or above average??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships