Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2010, 06:38 PM

5 posts, read 33,569 times

Advertisements

Hey,

I am just curious and would like some opinions.

Would you date/marry a divorced woman with two young kids (less than 4 years) if she was the one that ended the marriage? No infidelity or anything like that,but marriage wasn't working out,frequent arguments,unhappy etc.

Dad would very likely still be in the picture and involved in kids lives.

Secondly,if mom and kids are a different race,specifically black?

ps. Please I don't need anyone to make a big deal about the race issue I am just looking for honest opinions.

Sometimes it is easier to ask strangers important questions.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2010, 06:42 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,975,442 times
Well, with two kids I will definitely NOT date her seriously. Maybe for sex thats about it. The race of the kids has absolutely no bearing on it and as far as Im concerned pointless.

Old 04-17-2010, 06:47 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,896,723 times
Why can't you just say no. Why do you have to be an ass about it?^^^^^

Old 04-17-2010, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Why can't you just say no. Why do you have to be an ass about it?^^^^^
Sound like you need to read the CD TOS. Let me know if you need to know where to find it and I'll point you to where it is.

OP asked for honest answers and I gave her my honest answer. Nothing rude about what I said and I was not being an "a$$" as you said.

Old 04-17-2010, 07:02 PM

1,125 posts, read 2,193,944 times
Well, I am 26 so no I wouldn't date a divorced woman with kids. There are enough women in my age group who are never married and have no kids, so I'll always chose them over divorced women with kids. But if I was a divorced man with kids as well, then I wouldn't mind it. In fact, it's not like I would have much choice. The dating market for divorced people with kids are not as big as it were before they got married. Your pool of options is smaller, and rightly so.

You have to understand single men with no kids will always 99% of the time seek out single women with no kids.

Old 04-17-2010, 07:08 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,896,723 times
This is true Dorrans. I learned at times it is easier to hang out with single dad's. But also there are men whom wanted children, but can't have them. Or men whom waited too long to have them. There are all kinds of different factors to deal with in different situations.

Old 04-17-2010, 07:09 PM

86 posts, read 119,316 times
He's just being honest. She wants to know the truth. The truth is, just because a guy dates you it doesn't mean he considers you a viable lifetime option. We might know something, but it doesn't hurt to hear it out loud every once in a while to remind us. Some guys struggle with the idea of paying for some other guys offspring. Some guys like it. It feeds a hero complex. Look for a cop or a fireman. These professions draw a lot of macho jerks, but they also draw a lot of guys who want to rescue someone.

Old 04-17-2010, 07:23 PM

I think it makes it much easier that the kids' dad is in the picture. If the woman was very attractive and we had a lot in common, I would consider it if she only had one kid. But two, no way. I'd be quite up front and honest with her about this.

But if the woman had kid(s) and the dad was NOT around, I would not even consider it. But that has nothing to do with the OP's current situation. I think its really cool that the dad will continue to be there for the children. As a parent myself, I think its great.

Old 04-17-2010, 07:31 PM

1,342 posts, read 2,163,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my2reward View Post
Hey,

I am just curious and would like some opinions.

Would you date/marry a divorced woman with two young kids (less than 4 years) if she was the one that ended the marriage? No infidelity or anything like that,but marriage wasn't working out,frequent arguments,unhappy etc.

Dad would very likely still be in the picture and involved in kids lives.

Secondly,if mom and kids are a different race,specifically black?

ps. Please I don't need anyone to make a big deal about the race issue I am just looking for honest opinions.

Sometimes it is easier to ask strangers important questions.

Thanks

In a word, no. Plenty of women out there without the baggage. Only way I'd consider it was if she totally outshines all other women possible.

Old 04-17-2010, 08:28 PM

3,576 posts, read 10,662,664 times
Sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships