Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2010, 08:37 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,848,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by superk View Post
Sure.
Good to hear, all the net divorce ladies will love you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2010, 09:36 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,647,809 times
I wouldn't date someone who had or wanted kids.

Old 04-17-2010, 09:48 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,532,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my2reward View Post
Hey,

I am just curious and would like some opinions.

Would you date/marry a divorced woman with two young kids (less than 4 years) if she was the one that ended the marriage? No infidelity or anything like that,but marriage wasn't working out,frequent arguments,unhappy etc.

Dad would very likely still be in the picture and involved in kids lives.

Secondly,if mom and kids are a different race,specifically black?

ps. Please I don't need anyone to make a big deal about the race issue I am just looking for honest opinions.

Sometimes it is easier to ask strangers important questions.

Thanks
No i wouldn't. I wouldn't mind a 'hit and run' though.

Old 04-17-2010, 09:57 PM

259 posts, read 840,437 times
Through observations and my own personal learning experiences, men will just carelessly date around while they're bored, use you for sex, and never settle whether you have kids or not (if given the opportunity). Not having kids or previously married does not mean that you will have a free pass to find a great guy anymore than if you did have kids. And having kids, does not always mean that you will never have the opportunity to meet a good guy and even have the possibility to remarry. Both types of women (kids and no kids) can just as equally run into *******s who will waste your time and get screwed over. You can be the perfect woman (0 kids, never married, invented a cure for cancer, great job, great personality, great shape) and have everything in your life in perfect order but at the end of the day...I find that it really doesn't make a huge difference when dating men. They may say it does, but it doesn't. If anything they will blame you for feeling "entitled" if you do have everything together. At the end of the day, it's all about meeting the right guy, the right opportunity, and at the right time. And meeting someone who will accept you for you and be open to your current lifestyle. Never feel like the grass would be greener if you were never married and didn't have kids or that this is really a huge disadvantage because seriously IT DOESN'T MATTER.

Last edited by Nikki9947; 04-17-2010 at 10:39 PM..

Old 04-17-2010, 10:02 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,400,633 times
so when you say date you mean brad pitt right-- who will he go out with?
lets see-- she is poor minority has got kids.
no problem he will pounce at the opportunity.
you must expect that if you are not at the top of the food chain you will not get your pick of mates.
but americans dont think that way.

Old 04-17-2010, 10:10 PM
Kuh

51 posts, read 39,028 times
Sometimes I am really just shaking my head when I read here. "Won't date him/her cause of this, cause of that bla bla bla". No wonder you all can't get a date.
If you have a problem with a woman that is divorced, has kids etc., then you are not mature enough to be in a real relationship. And these women are probably better off without you guys.

And why it's a problem that mom and kids are different races is also beyond me. You date the woman and not the children. There sure is a lot of anti women sentiment on here. That is just sad.

Old 04-17-2010, 10:18 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,951,122 times
These types of posts always have me shaking my head at how ridiculous some people are. People take things soooooooo literally. If a guy says he will not consider dating a woman with kids, the women with kids get all upset and take it personally. If a guy says he has no problem dating a single mom, the single moms will be all "great for you", "thats wonderful", "awesome" then rep points are given. I mean WTF? Its a question asked to the masses, if someone's answer/personal belief is not what you believe, then so what?

Some people are so effin stupid its amazing.

Old 04-17-2010, 10:19 PM

429 posts, read 1,148,131 times
I was a single mom for a brief time and I found that what mattered most is that I had my life in order. In other words, I had a list of sitters that I could depend on, I had worked out a good schedule with my ex, my rent was paid, my job was stable, and I was happy and confident. As it turned out, I had more men interested in me than I could keep track of and turned down two marriage proposals (both guys in their 20's w/o kids) before I married the man of my dreams.

Really, it's not about the kids.

Old 04-17-2010, 10:22 PM

1,742 posts, read 6,138,290 times
I have a shirt that says I <3 Hot Moms. The shirt doesn't lie.

Old 04-17-2010, 10:23 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,951,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Continental View Post
I have a shirt that says I <3 Hot Moms. The shirt doesn't lie.
Youre less than 3 hot moms? What does that mean?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships