Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2010, 06:39 PM

6,777 posts, read 13,560,945 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Oh come on, lets not bury our head in the sand and pretend not to see this. The OP mentioned that the kids are of difference race (black) and they are very young. How many very white women do you know with two very young kids by a black dude who is also having problems finding a date, is in tip top shape physically? I mean come on. Sure the OP said nothing about what she looks like, but in all actuality, she probably is still carrying around a bit of that babyfat unless she's an avid fitness buff, which I seriously doubt.
I thought you were talking about someone else actually, LOL, but anyways I know plenty of people who bounce right back after pregnancy. Especially if you're young. I don't really know how the race of her kids factor into it tho, but whatev.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2010, 07:56 PM

1,364 posts, read 1,930,384 times
I feel like I just walked into the middle of a conversation in a high school cafeteria.
Maturity in men occurs when the attain humility. Yes, by all means, do not under any circumstances date women with kids. Spare them the waste of time so they can weed out real men who can unselfishly share happiness, love and fulfillment.
Just keep doing what you're doing...."da' ladies" will be lining up for you dude!

Old 04-20-2010, 04:26 PM

1,203 posts, read 1,984,338 times
Date yes.
Get into a serious relationship with, no.

Do not want kids at all.

Old 05-03-2010, 02:17 PM

437 posts, read 675,432 times
By the way, what happened to number three? Oh, I know, I know. You dumped her because she wasn't meeting your "requirements", and she, helas, was plunged into such dejection, that she suicided herself, the poor girl.

Actually, #3 asked if I was dating other women and when I was honest, she decided that she didn't want to date me. We're still friends though. To be honest, two is enough for me. You can take one out Saturday and the other Friday. Beyond that it gets... complicated. For me, anyway.

Old 05-03-2010, 06:55 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,111,311 times
Her race would not make any difference to me. Her having childred would make some difference, how she handles these children and reacted to them would make a big difference. The fact that she was the one that filed for divorce, and the only reason was she was unhappy and not working on keeping her marriage together is reason enough to drop her like a hot potato. Once I found out her history, I wouldn't date her, even if she had the most beautiful face and body a woman could possess, or if she went out of her way to show me that she was available and a willing participant in a one nite stand.

Old 05-03-2010, 06:56 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,478,303 times
i dont think so, he failed do i wana be next up?

YouTube - WHAM - Everything she wnats

Old 05-03-2010, 06:57 PM

3,486 posts, read 5,688,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite Ryder View Post
The fact that she was the one that filed for divorce, and the only reason was she was unhappy and not working on keeping her marriage together is reason enough to drop her like a hot potato.
What about the reasons she was unhappy? The person who files for divorce isn't the only one responsible for keeping the marriage together.

Old 05-03-2010, 10:04 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,860,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nix_moon View Post
Thanks for the honesty on the subject. I'm a newly single mom of 2. If I was a young guy with no kids I don't think I'd date a divorced mother either when there are other options. I do personally know some men (some with kids and some without) that ended up marrying single mothers and they are awesome step dads. I really don't care if I meet anyone or not because I'm happy with my life in general. But at least I know that there are decent men out there, even if few and far between.
Why do women only start looking for decent men when they are divorced (or never married) with 2 kids?

I'm constantly amazed at what they will put up with until they have the kids and the reality of their situation sets in, Then they really need a decent man. However, your post seems to imply that "decent men" - if they are decent - will jump at the opportunity to marry a single mother with 2 kids. I don't buy that.

Old 05-03-2010, 10:33 PM

1,203 posts, read 1,984,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
Why do women only start looking for decent men when they are divorced (or never married) with 2 kids?

I'm constantly amazed at what they will put up with until they have the kids and the reality of their situation sets in, Then they really need a decent man. However, your post seems to imply that "decent men" - if they are decent - will jump at the opportunity to marry a single mother with 2 kids. I don't buy that.
I do have some female acquaintances who admitted that during the time they got pregnant, that they dated the irresponsible type of men because they were attracted to the bravado and swagger.

And that at present they are looking for a more stable guy as a companion and husband.
Its not the kids, but that they have gotten tired of choosing men who treated them badly.
And some of those choices led them to become pregnant.
And she cannot force the father to be there.

A long time friend of mine just had her daughter.
And honestly even though I do not want to raise any children, when she brought up the question of she and I getting together/why we never dated... I really cannot say that i would not change my views on that.

Mainly because she has pretty much all the qualities I am looking for.
Kind of confusing actually.

I'm off to watch the Blue Gender series.... Night all.

Old 05-04-2010, 04:15 AM

769 posts, read 1,014,214 times
well i am a young man so no. i would want a fresh start with a woman who hasnt had kids or been married.. not to mention another man in the picture
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships