Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2012, 01:37 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,192,076 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veyron View Post
Thanks its actually been a journey. It's hard work too maintain good health and beauty. Men and women aren't so different since women have to do it too.

It does kind of suck that I actually had to become more attractive in order to get women to notice me instead of like me for me. So it seems kind of fake every time I interact with women knowing that if I let myself slip I will be right back to being ignored and treated like trash.

I don't really understand this. You see the real "you" as the guy with bad skin and teeht who slouches and does not have a fit body? Taking care of oneself is a normal part of being a grown up. How about owning the awesome new you?

Old 03-23-2016, 01:44 PM

1 posts, read 920 times
Yes I was 320lbs in highschool with these glasses only a scientist would appreciate, 6'2 light brown skin , dark brown hair....two years later I was sitting in my car and grabbed my stomach before going inside my home and said to myself "this has to change"...four months later after hitting the gym twice a day, I dropped down to a nice husky 260lbs , taking off the glasses in the process made me a total chick magnet, but I still kept the humbleness I had in highschool, I was still shy as can be but was a total Tom cat in the sack...and I noticed a big difference in the way women interact with me, I tell women all the time "I know when someone is attracted to me" because I went from a 3 to a 8, and a 9 if I smile off of my left side....but to this day I still keep the humbleness ...staying humble kept me out of trouble and has gotten me into trouble lol ��

Old 03-23-2016, 02:31 PM

813 posts, read 601,152 times
Oh Lord, it's hard to be humble...

Old 03-23-2016, 04:51 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,737,789 times
Quote:
Has any guys have a similiar experience? What worked for you? I'm hoping this can be a constructive topic and good wealth of information exchange. Im just sharing what has worked for me.
in reverse, yeah.

started going bald at 16. was bald by 19 or so. the change in reaction from women was very stark.

it's funny, a lot of guys get neurotic or depressed about losing their hair. I didn't... I didn't care at all.

No, it was the huge drop in the sort of women who would talk to me that put me in a depression for a number of years. Bald is fine with me but suddenly being unattractive to women was really crappy.

Old 03-24-2016, 05:33 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,349,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
in reverse, yeah.

started going bald at 16. was bald by 19 or so. the change in reaction from women was very stark.

it's funny, a lot of guys get neurotic or depressed about losing their hair. I didn't... I didn't care at all.

No, it was the huge drop in the sort of women who would talk to me that put me in a depression for a number of years. Bald is fine with me but suddenly being unattractive to women was really crappy.
Growing my hair out for some reason made a difference. I'm treated better with dreads than I ever was when I was bald.

...but then again, I have my hair and dreads in a unique style...

Old 03-25-2016, 12:03 AM

5,874 posts, read 10,530,547 times
LOL, im sorry, i only read OPs first post but this seems like a parallel universe. All i could think of while reading it was "ARE YOU KIDDING, ME?"

Look, OP, you have NO IDEA,and i mean, you have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA, what it is to be pressured to be beautiful by society (or: being a woman). Since we are little, we are subjected and pressured to be this perfect little things and while growing up we gotta do things YOU CANT EVEN IMAGINE to mantain an "acceptable" image. Going to thr dentist vand dermatologist? Going to the gym? GIVE ME A BREAK !!

Next im gonna go find a poor single mom of 5 toddlers who has to work 15 hours a day for her and her children to survive and gonna complain about the fact that i cant buy a second car or my money isnt enough to go to 20 european cities on a trip, so i ll have to cut it to 19.

Next, im gonna go find an holocaust survivor and complain about the bullying i got in middle school.

Then ill go to a cancer patient whos got 6 months left to live and complain that my thumb nail is hurting.

A guy complaining that he actually has to put some effort to look good???? What kind of parallel universe you live in??? Women can read, you know.

Dont be so clueless and out of place to complain about this in a public forum, please get a clue of the eorld you live in and get over yourself.

Old 03-25-2016, 01:45 PM

5,573 posts, read 3,348,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
LOL, im sorry, i only read OPs first post but this seems like a parallel universe. All i could think of while reading it was "ARE YOU KIDDING, ME?"

Look, OP, you have NO IDEA,and i mean, you have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA, what it is to be pressured to be beautiful by society (or: being a woman). Since we are little, we are subjected and pressured to be this perfect little things and while growing up we gotta do things YOU CANT EVEN IMAGINE to mantain an "acceptable" image. Going to thr dentist vand dermatologist? Going to the gym? GIVE ME A BREAK !!

Next im gonna go find a poor single mom of 5 toddlers who has to work 15 hours a day for her and her children to survive and gonna complain about the fact that i cant buy a second car or my money isnt enough to go to 20 european cities on a trip, so i ll have to cut it to 19.

Next, im gonna go find an holocaust survivor and complain about the bullying i got in middle school.

Then ill go to a cancer patient whos got 6 months left to live and complain that my thumb nail is hurting.

A guy complaining that he actually has to put some effort to look good???? What kind of parallel universe you live in??? Women can read, you know.

Dont be so clueless and out of place to complain about this in a public forum, please get a clue of the eorld you live in and get over yourself.

Would you be willing to make a list of the things people are allowed to complain about on a public forum? It would alleviate a lot problems. I'm also glad to hear in this case that gender trumps individual experience. Again, that sometimes causes me confusion.

Old 03-17-2017, 03:39 PM

13,262 posts, read 8,029,628 times
Quote:
Thanks its actually been a journey. It's hard work too maintain good health and beauty. Men and women aren't so different since women have to do it too.

It does kind of suck that I actually had to become more attractive in order to get women to notice me instead of like me for me. So it seems kind of fake every time I interact with women knowing that if I let myself slip I will be right back to being ignored and treated like trash.

I think because you have more self confidence, others see that in you, and are attracted to it. Before, you didn't have self confidence, and you felt unworthy of female attention, and projected your feelings onto others.

Old 03-17-2017, 03:44 PM

710 posts, read 584,754 times
I want to go thrifty something similar. I'm pretty unattractive even though I already do pretty much everything you named. I take care of myself, I exercise, I keep myself smelling good, etc.. I've been contemplating getting cosmetic surgery in a few years if I can save up enough, maybe that'll help.

Old 03-17-2017, 06:01 PM

708 posts, read 823,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomguy18 View Post
I want to go thrifty something similar. I'm pretty unattractive even though I already do pretty much everything you named. I take care of myself, I exercise, I keep myself smelling good, etc.. I've been contemplating getting cosmetic surgery in a few years if I can save up enough, maybe that'll help.

Some say hydrolized collagen and hyaluronic acid rivals some types of cosmetic surgery. Ive seen some very good results with those but only with consistence. It might be worth reading about. It all comes down to what we used to eat, but no longer do (organs, entire animal) etc. There is also marine collagen but there are more allergic reactions to those.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.