Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2011, 06:15 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,361,682 times

Advertisements

its a major misconception that men are more shallow then women when I lived both lives.

You mean... You were a woman once????

Nah, I'm just messing with you, I know what you mean.

Old 09-29-2011, 06:19 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,181,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1208 View Post
If 1s and 2s shun you its because of your attitude, not your appearance.
No, that's wrong. The whole point of his post was to say that nothing about him had changed except his appearance. That's my experience too.

Old 09-29-2011, 06:27 PM

2,631 posts, read 7,024,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletus Awreetus-Awrightus View Post
i'm with you on this. from time to time i have the good fortune to be pursued by women, and good god they make a mess of it.
It's because their not use to it.

Old 09-29-2011, 06:49 PM

1,591 posts, read 3,431,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
No, that's wrong. The whole point of his post was to say that nothing about him had changed except his appearance. That's my experience too.
I wasn't talking about him or you. And besides, his attitude changed as well.

Old 09-29-2011, 08:30 PM

376 posts, read 666,588 times
honestly, if the roles were reversed where women were the ones that had to persue men, then men would be the ones acting superficial and women would be the ones complaining. when you have a lot of options to chose from and more, then you're going to be spoiled. it's funny when the tables turn and you witness the antics that some women will do just to be loved (sleeping with teenage boys, playing lesbian even though they're not gay, etc). it's sad. i think men handle being single better than how women do. women can't take it.

Old 09-29-2011, 09:28 PM

358 posts, read 471,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the nation is still angry View Post
i think men handle being single better than how women do. women can't take it.
I love it

Old 09-29-2011, 10:00 PM

3,327 posts, read 4,363,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haley James View Post
Men compete for the attention/admiration of other men often. It's a major factor behind what makes the business of major league sports profitable.
That's a fairly recent phenomenon and it coincides with the feminization of males in certain cultures.

I wouldn't say the athletes compete for admiration or attention. They're there to earn money. Many of them don't like the attention.

Some fans go beyond seeing pro sports as simple entertainment and do start to admire the athletes. Many of these fans are insecure in one way or another. They see things in athletes which they want but don't have.

It's one thing to be a fan of the entertainment aspect and a totally different thing to start to fanatically admire the athletes/celebrities like some people do.

Quote:
Some of you guys don't care.
Eh, most guys don't care actually. Every guy has different tastes but we're not ashamed to defend them among our friends/acquaintances.
If Jen's friend had sex with the captain of the football team, Jen would probably do the captain of the baseball team. Not because she likes him but to compete against her friend.

On the other hand, we don't date girls/ have sex to show up other men. I could care less who my friends date/have sex with and they couldn't care less what I do in this regard.

I'm talking in generalities but it holds true for the most part. There are women who exhibit male personality traits and there are men who exhibit female traits. Just like there are men who wax their eyebrows or get botox. That's not the norm though.

Old 09-29-2011, 10:22 PM

541 posts, read 942,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d-boy-80 View Post
This just proves that women ARE the superficial sex. Sure there are men that are superficial but nowhere as numerous as men. Men have other worries to tend to.

Having said that. Now don't screw it up. Look for a woman with substance, its not easy. But you can do it. Have fun play with women and their emotions that will get you a lot of tail.

Men are just as superficial as women.

Old 09-29-2011, 10:43 PM

358 posts, read 471,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wawaweewa View Post
That's a fairly recent phenomenon and it coincides with the feminization of males in certain cultures.
Men have been physically competitive with eachother to gain the attention/admiration of other men throughout the ages.

Quote:
I wouldn't say the athletes compete for admiration or attention. They're there to earn money. Many of them don't like the attention.
I wouldn't say they do either. However I'd bet money they value the admiration/attention of their peers very highly.

Quote:
Some fans go beyond seeing pro sports as simple entertainment and do start to admire the athletes. Many of these fans are insecure in one way or another. They see things in athletes which they want but don't have.

It's one thing to be a fan of the entertainment aspect and a totally different thing to start to fanatically admire the athletes/celebrities like some people do.
There are male fans out there who compete with eachother for attention/admiration through identification with "their team." In my experience this isn't a rare occurence.

Quote:
Eh, most guys don't care actually. Every guy has different tastes but we're not ashamed to defend them among our friends/acquaintances.
That's great. My friends and I aren't afraid to be individuals either.

Quote:
If Jen's friend had sex with the captain of the football team, Jen would probably do the captain of the baseball team. Not because she likes him but to compete against her friend.
Woah that's a pretty big assumption you've got going on there! Is she headlining a reality tv series?

Quote:
On the other hand, we don't date girls/ have sex to show up other men. I could care less who my friends date/have sex with and they couldn't care less what I do in this regard.
There are men out there who compete with eachother to see who can get the most a$$. They're not doing it to impress the ladies.

Quote:
I'm talking in generalities but it holds true for the most part. There are women who exhibit male personality traits and there are men who exhibit female traits. Just like there are men who wax their eyebrows or get botox. That's not the norm though.
Of course, but you're making some pretty large generalizations.

Last edited by Haley James; 09-29-2011 at 10:47 PM.. Reason: grammar

Old 09-29-2011, 11:09 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,581,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Honey, I'm 49.
I learned a long time ago that good looks (and I have been blessed in that department) only gets you so far.
When you're my age, intellect matters far more than some shallow premise of an attractive, empty, hollow facade.
Being an old fogy, I can attest to that. Intellect gets sharper and stays as you age (unless one becomes senile) while the beauty of youth fades away and sometimes drastically.

Not that I don't take care of myself based on the premise that it doesn't matter, because it does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.