Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2011, 11:06 AM

819 posts, read 1,129,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Without before and after pics, this thread is meaningless.
He's probably not going to post any boob shots, so what's the point?

Old 09-28-2011, 11:12 AM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free Beer View Post
He's probably not going to post any boob shots, so what's the point?
Just thought I would point out the glaringly obvious.

Old 09-28-2011, 11:18 AM

31,053 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Congrats on the self improvement program. The only people who are doomed in love are the ones that do nothing to improve theirselves. They complain that people don't like them for themselves. Be real now: Men and woman are not attracted to slobs who don't brush their teeth, have BO, have long stringy hair and go out in sweats?
I was looking at some pictures of Vanessa Williams with no make up...Yikes, but fixed up she is one of the most beautiful women in the world.

Old 09-28-2011, 11:20 AM

1,833 posts, read 2,509,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
I was looking at some pictures of Vanessa Williams with no make up...Yikes, but fixed up she is one of the most beautiful women in the world.

Most women(especially those supermodels and celebrities) don't look so hot without makeup. You ever see pictures of Oprah without makeup? Makeup can make even Michael Phelps look hot.

Old 09-28-2011, 11:26 AM

8,679 posts, read 15,269,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpy View Post
Ranking your physical attractiveness on a 1-10 scale and thinking that every woman who ranks more than a couple points below you will drool over you and that every woman who ranks more than a couple points above you will blow you off is absurdly over-simplistic to the point of being ridiculous.

I'm a decent looking guy. No threat to Brad Pitt, but I'm in good physical shape, have a decent face, and no major physical flaws. I don't know or care how I would rank from 1-10, but I can tell you this. I've been turned down by chunky "Plain Jane" type chicks. I've also had extremely attractive women practically beg me to go home with them. And I've had these two scenarios play out on the very same night, MANY times.

Attraction cannot be quantified on a 1-10 scale. For one thing, the chicks that you're calling "twos" might be sixes to another guy. You call yourself a 6 now, but Julia may think you're only a 4. On the other hand, Cindy may think you're an 8. It's all subjective. One man's turd is another man's treasure, or however the old saying goes.

The bottom line is, hit the gym, take care of your skin and teeth, find a style that suits you, and get out there and make it happen. Hit on the chicks that YOU find attractive and don't worry what your "numerical rank" is in comparison to theirs. It's a numbers game and if you hit on enough chicks, you will have success. Don't overthink things.
Well-stated. I'll add that aside from the obvious effects of personal choice in who women find attractive, and aside from the impact of self-confidence gained from being in good shape and improving the things that can be improved, things like good skin, teeth, and physique send a message of good health. For better or worse, we are products of biology, and when it comes to sex and attraction, certain signals relay certain information about our suitability for reproduction.

For those making blanket statements that "women are more superficial," oh, shut up. Unless, of course, you're okay with women saying, "men are more juvenile and one-dimensional."

Old 09-28-2011, 12:09 PM

782 posts, read 1,109,101 times
First off I say leave the kid alone..he is so young..he got a new toy and doesn't really know how to use it yet. Second the scale thing is ridicoulous..as has already been stated my 5 might be anothers 3...it is really all about who you are genuinely attracted to. Does the OP know what type of women he is even attracted to? Being on the outskirts of the social strata kinds skews the process of deciding who you like because you just want ANYONE to notice you. When you transition to the inside and start getting the attention you crave you tend to accept all comers. It takes time to realign your thinking and become a meaningful dater. When he gets more experienced he will know who he is looking for and the numbers will be much less important. Also, during this process his conversation skills will improve. IMHO his conversation skills are lacking because he is A) young and B) he has not had much experience in meaningful conversation with women because of his prior status.
I say in a year his new look will have aged with him and he will have settled in nicely..keep up the work on your healthy lifestyle and your personality and you will be fine. And remember...the internet is forever. No package pics. That is my opinion but you don't know your future and you don't want to be a "Wiener" do you?

Old 09-28-2011, 12:11 PM

232 posts, read 632,870 times
Usually I find that women I don't think of as attractive are not "drooling" over me, but damn good chance they may be hostile. I have far better rapport with women that I'd rank highly than women I'd rank lower. Not that I really go around ranking women other than...yes/no. We had a post on attractiveness scales before and it didn't go so well. I agree that all people will judge differently on what is attractive for them, but I also agree that you can swag where people fall on such a scale and the majority of people can agree.

I don't care where I fall on the scale myself, it is not for me to say. But I know women that I find attractive have no problems with my looks. I rate only what I am attracted to and what I am not. A "5" is just as attractive to me as a "9". Yes, I can agree that the 9 is better looking, but if I am attracted to someone, then I am and that is not based on a scale.

Work on your scent. Many guys do not. I am not saying cheap over powering unnatural smelling colognes that people gag on from across the room or even at a speaking distance. Just something that is lite and clean smelling that someone has to be within speaking distance to just catch a hint of it. Lots of times, women step close to smell me. I think it really helps. Of course shower and keep yourself, clothes and everything in general clean. Some guys think a shower is enough, but 2 to maybe 5 hours later....you just smell like BO and you probably don't even notice it. I use one to two sprits of Creed Green Irish Tweed most days and smell like I just took a shower a few minutes ago for the whole day usually. Buy at a store, not online. Fake stuff is not worth however much money you saved. Lacoste pour homme and essential also smells lite and clean and is a whole lot less expensive.

Old 09-28-2011, 12:19 PM

1,543 posts, read 2,996,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by just anotherguy View Post
you say your a better looking person on the outside but what about the inside?
The inside does not matter in this world.

Old 09-28-2011, 12:28 PM

232 posts, read 632,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d-boy-80 View Post

Also what a lot of people think of your "insides" really depends on your outside. If you're good looking, women generally laugh at whatever stupid joke you say, think you're charming when you're an ass, pretty much give you a lot of leeway to fit in to whatever mold or check list they have in their head of the "right guy". Sure after time they come to their senses or not.

Old 09-28-2011, 12:29 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d-boy-80 View Post
ROFL, get back to us on that when you are a little older.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.