Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2011, 08:46 PM

2,631 posts, read 7,016,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerFall View Post
Veyron..men do the same thing to women! Come on, I am glad you improved upon yourself. But lets keep it real. This is the society we live in. It's all about looks.

The better you look, the more people you can attract. This is 100% correct for both men AND women. That is the way it is. For every man who is a 2 who cant get women to look at him, there is a woman who is a 2 who cant get men to look at her. Such is life. Sucks sometimes, doesnt it?
Yeah it does. Thats why I had to make myself more attractive and still not done yet but being a 2 sucks. I thought about suicide sometimes.

Isolation, Loneliness, and a nice helping of low self esteem or perfect ingredients for wanting to give up on life.

Old 09-28-2011, 08:49 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veyron View Post
As nice as the attention is it gets kind of annoying. I actually appreciate when a women doesn't check me out. You can't turn it off or on.
You poor thing! Go back to your old self then!

Old 09-28-2011, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herc130 View Post
Usually I find that women I don't think of as attractive are not "drooling" over me, but damn good chance they may be hostile. I have far better rapport with women that I'd rank highly than women I'd rank lower. Not that I really go around ranking women other than...yes/no. We had a post on attractiveness scales before and it didn't go so well. I agree that all people will judge differently on what is attractive for them, but I also agree that you can swag where people fall on such a scale and the majority of people can agree.

I don't care where I fall on the scale myself, it is not for me to say. But I know women that I find attractive have no problems with my looks. I rate only what I am attracted to and what I am not. A "5" is just as attractive to me as a "9". Yes, I can agree that the 9 is better looking, but if I am attracted to someone, then I am and that is not based on a scale.

Work on your scent. Many guys do not. I am not saying cheap over powering unnatural smelling colognes that people gag on from across the room or even at a speaking distance. Just something that is lite and clean smelling that someone has to be within speaking distance to just catch a hint of it. Lots of times, women step close to smell me. I think it really helps. Of course shower and keep yourself, clothes and everything in general clean. Some guys think a shower is enough, but 2 to maybe 5 hours later....you just smell like BO and you probably don't even notice it. I use one to two sprits of Creed Green Irish Tweed most days and smell like I just took a shower a few minutes ago for the whole day usually. Buy at a store, not online. Fake stuff is not worth however much money you saved. Lacoste pour homme and essential also smells lite and clean and is a whole lot less expensive.

Yeah getting a really good smell and getting my teeth perfect was my next step. Thanks for the advice.

Old 09-28-2011, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
You poor thing! Go back to your old self then!
lol naww....

Old 09-28-2011, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herc130 View Post
Also what a lot of people think of your "insides" really depends on your outside. If you're good looking, women generally laugh at whatever stupid joke you say, think you're charming when you're an ass, pretty much give you a lot of leeway to fit in to whatever mold or check list they have in their head of the "right guy". Sure after time they come to their senses or not.
HAHAHA so true. I experimented with my new look and was a complete dick to this one lady. She laughed at every stupid joke, touched me and gave me tons of leeway.

I went to the club and a couple of guys tried to hit on this one girl. She walked over to my area and began dancing right in front of me. Tskk, tsk, tsk superficial.

Old 09-28-2011, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Mitch View Post
Yeah, back in the day I listend to Arnold and "muscled up to make out". Your approach is more Aston-Martin, mine was more Yenko Camaro. Which is OK, there are buyers for both markets.

Went from being the skinny nerdy guy to having about a 43 chest with a 30 waist, 6-pack, all that. All the gals that say this does not matter - well it mattered to some of the gals I knew back in the day is all I can say.

Hit the gym harder. Keep at it. When you like what you see in the mirror, it changes your attiude, that improves your personality.

If you are not chatty, cultivate the "strong, silent" image.

As your car skills grow, you may find that like it was for me, a gal with car trouble was very likeley to give you her phone # after you fixed her problem. Of course 30 years ago there were more simple cars out there that would quit for some simple thing that you could actually fix with a handful of tools...
Thanks. Yeah I defiantly want to put on about 30 more lbs of muscle. I dont want too put on too much muscle though. 30 more lbs should bring me to a respectable 240. My skin is clear but not flawless so I won't to get it flawless.
I defiantly want to get a sculpted chest.

Actually this is kind of fun thinking of ways to improve my look.

But I defiantly like the strong silent image idea. I think I come off like that naturally now.

Then I'm going to hit the club and see the effects lol. Last time I went a women hollered at me hanging out the window of her girlfriends car when I was walking down the street. She was like "You look good baby!!"

Old 09-28-2011, 09:07 PM

11,795 posts, read 12,033,106 times
Quote:
I went from a 2 to a 6. Huge leap.
I just discovered this forum this week and joined today so I could participate too. This thread caught my eye.

What I don't understand is your numeric rating system. It seems you arbitrarily assigned yourself a number, and now that you've made changes/improvements, you've assigned yourself a higher (read: better) number. Great, but if you're the only one who perceives your rating system that way, it's useless. You might be a 2 on someone else's personal rating scale, and a 7 on another's. And then there are those of us who don't use a numerical scale at all, so then what? It's a superficial way of classifying and stereotyping people based on external looks.

I started dating a guy last year who I met through mutual friends, and I got to know him as a person before dating him exclusively. He became more attractive to me because of his tremendous personality and inner qualities, whereas if I saw him across a bar, i would have thought "he's kind of cute" and that's all. I'm glad for the way we met and got to know each other because otherwise I would have missed out on the perfect person for me if I was judging solely based on appearance.

Old 09-28-2011, 09:08 PM

591 posts, read 866,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy_Jole View Post
So why were you unhappy with "only" attracting 1, 2 and 3's?
So you're stating you are perfectly happy with 1s 2s and 3s.

riight.

Old 09-28-2011, 09:09 PM

591 posts, read 866,368 times
Quote:
My life is a testament to that. Women will treat you like garbage if your a 1,2, or 3.
Dude, some women will try to treat ANYONE like garbage.

Old 09-28-2011, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
I just discovered this forum this week and joined today so I could participate too. This thread caught my eye.

What I don't understand is your numeric rating system. It seems you arbitrarily assigned yourself a number, and now that you've made changes/improvements, you've assigned yourself a higher (read: better) number. Great, but if you're the only one who perceives your rating system that way, it's useless. You might be a 2 on someone else's personal rating scale, and a 7 on another's. And then there are those of us who don't use a numerical scale at all, so then what? It's a superficial way of classifying and stereotyping people based on external looks.

I started dating a guy last year who I met through mutual friends, and I got to know him as a person before dating him exclusively. He became more attractive to me because of his tremendous personality and inner qualities, whereas if I saw him across a bar, i would have thought "he's kind of cute" and that's all. I'm glad for the way we met and got to know each other because otherwise I would have missed out on the perfect person for me if I was judging solely based on appearance.
I attracted women who were 6 and 7's in my book so I put myself on their level but then again I asked a friend his opinion on her number and he said she was an 8.5 or a low 9. To me she was a 7.

Last edited by Veyron; 09-28-2011 at 09:25 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.