Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 05:34 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,048,877 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikala43 View Post
whew! Glad we put a stop to that!!!!

Next.... World hunger...
lol!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2011, 06:31 PM

8,003 posts, read 11,736,503 times
Not to continue your suspense, but.....(okay, I'm lying, that's exactly what I'm trying to do, hehe), but she's LYING. No, seriously....some people just sigh! They just do. There's no rhyme or reason to it, they just sigh. It doesn't have to MEAN anything.

Oh hey, and one more thing? Don't be like your dad. Think about what kind of a person attacks and demeans people, just for the sake of being a jerk. Yeah, your dad was a major monster and a bully. Keep that in the forefront of your mind and be the farthest thing from HIM that you can possibly be. Demeaning and degrading your spouse, I don't care whether you're a man or a woman, really shows what kind of a puke you are.

Old 10-11-2011, 08:38 PM

30,321 posts, read 23,800,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincatfish View Post

My comments, ladies and gentlemen, in bold
I just picked up a whole slew of new phrases to use. I think, "bullcookies" and "a penguin's joystick" are my favorites! Tanks!

OP: I stopped reading when I got to the quoted post...but after all of those pages, I didn't see anyone suggest this:

The next time you go in there and she sighs, why don't you just sigh back.

Old 10-11-2011, 09:21 PM

1,591 posts, read 3,431,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
Because you're a deadbeat that NEVER tips
who tips for Subway?

Old 10-12-2011, 02:13 AM

2,472 posts, read 4,218,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1208 View Post
who tips for Subway?
I might be mistaken, but some Subways have a tip jar. I'll usually put my change in there or a dollar if the employees make my sandwich without sighing at me.

Old 10-12-2011, 03:42 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,772,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slanderous View Post
I might be mistaken, but some Subways have a tip jar. I'll usually put my change in there or a dollar if the employees make my sandwich without sighing at me.
They do in my neck of the woods. In fact I feel a Subway mood coming on so may pop in there today and see if anyone sighs. Maybe a lot of Subway employees sigh but only this sensitive poster has ever noticed it. It could be something endemic to Subway. I am definitely going to pay VERY close attention today while standing in line. This could be a breaking news story.

Old 10-12-2011, 02:01 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,772,621 times
UPDATE FOLLOWING SUBWAY EXPEDITION TODAY

The line was long so I had ample time to carefully observe the employees for signs of sighing. As I got closer to the font of the line it was easier to scout and I definitely saw one server sighing as her customer wavered for ever deciding between white and yellow cheese, parmesan or wheat bread, toasted or untoasted. When the next server in line had to deal with the same customer where all the toppings were concerned, she also sighed long and loudly. And the cashier sighed long and loudly too as this same customer laboriously counted out a whole bunch of small change for her sandwich. By this time the whole line of people behind the woman was sighing, including yours truly. My mission was aborted by circumstances beyond my control and I will obviously have to return to continue this research.

Old 10-12-2011, 03:11 PM

8,003 posts, read 11,736,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
UPDATE FOLLOWING SUBWAY EXPEDITION TODAY

The line was long so I had ample time to carefully observe the employees for signs of sighing. As I got closer to the font of the line it was easier to scout and I definitely saw one server sighing as her customer wavered for ever deciding between white and yellow cheese, parmesan or wheat bread, toasted or untoasted. When the next server in line had to deal with the same customer where all the toppings were concerned, she also sighed long and loudly. And the cashier sighed long and loudly too as this same customer laboriously counted out a whole bunch of small change for her sandwich. By this time the whole line of people behind the woman was sighing, including yours truly. My mission was aborted by circumstances beyond my control and I will obviously have to return to continue this research.
It's been one of those days...so reading this post was exactly what I needed to give me that extra added umph! Thanks for the chuckles STT.... and for your research.

Old 10-12-2011, 03:33 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,753,546 times
A recap of yesterday and today's lunch.

Yesterday, at the office Bistro, with the hot and curvy black chef:

"Hello dear, it's German chicken today with spatzel, you need to try it, I don't wanna see you standing in the sandwich line"

Today at Cosi, with the senorita:

"Chicken Tinga again, sweetie?"

Antonio's been silent. If I get the co-ordinates of the subway, she's mine guaran fricking teed It's just that I feel dumb about touring every subway corner. It's the worst food chain on the planet, ranks down there with Arby's, Jack in the Box etc.,

Old 10-13-2011, 02:00 AM

3 posts, read 2,783 times
when you see her sigh and she will ask why? then tell her the reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships