Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2011, 11:28 PM

27,790 posts, read 16,307,339 times

Advertisements

You're gonna pass on an attractive sandwich maker?? Get ahold of yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2011, 12:22 AM

1,300 posts, read 2,577,924 times
Moderator cut: snip

Newsflash: There are people who have TONS of more money than he is without a college degree. Hmm, so-called smart college grad didn't know about that.

Last edited by JustJulia; 10-07-2011 at 11:32 AM..

Old 10-07-2011, 12:59 AM

3,437 posts, read 6,091,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonio84 View Post

I thought it was probably something women would understand and rather than talking about this to someone that knows me, I thought since here we're all supposedly anonymous, I would get a more accurate possible answer.
You got an accurate answer, many of them in fact, you didn't like to hear the truth.
Again you are making a very broad assumption as to why she works at Subway.

It is COULDN'T care less, not could care less, so much for being a professional.

I guess you don't understand the problem with your parents was/is your father, not the fact your mother wasn't a professional, you probably don't even know how much work it is to take care of a household and have a husband that thinks his shyte smell like roses.

Old 10-07-2011, 01:20 AM

8,679 posts, read 15,308,864 times
Quote:
Why not just stick to the actual topic and not hang up on a little detail that--
Obsessive-compulsive man ruminating and expounding ad nauseum about a stranger's breathing say what?

Old 10-07-2011, 01:25 AM

18,257 posts, read 14,495,082 times
So your father was abusive towards your mother and you are pretty sure that a rich woman is going to make everything all right with you, huh? I don't think so. A person who is abusive will find anything to be abusive about. You either are or you're not. If you are, then she can be a rich professional Einstein and you will still find something to *itch about. God help the woman you do end up with.

And by the way, she is probably catching every time you take a glance at her and is about to quit cuz you are FREAKING HER OUT!

Stop going there. Please.

Old 10-07-2011, 01:41 AM

16,074 posts, read 28,656,070 times
Quote:
Did it ever occurred to anyone here that there's a reason for why I'm not willing to date someone with no college degree, a reason that has nothing to do with how good she would be?

Did it ever occurred to anyone that I may be the son of a professional father and a non-college-degree mother, and witnessed how my 'professional father' would corner my mom on that account, going as far as calling her stupid and her having to shut up?

And neither had anyone here ever thought that I am trying to avoid being like my father and am removing all possible chances for those moments when I forget that promise I made to myself.

You learned nothing good from your fathers verbal abuse of your mother.

Like father, like son.

You don't need daddys approval.

Old 10-07-2011, 07:58 AM

7,965 posts, read 11,759,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
You learned nothing good from your fathers verbal abuse of your mother.

Like father, like son.

You don't need daddys approval.
Oh, of course he learned something good from his father's abuse of his mother. He learned that if he got a college education, his father would stop saying he was going to grow up and be a stupid, useless fool like his mother.

Sadly, I'm quite sure her lack of education was only ONE of the many things he berated her with and constantly threw in her face. A college education would not have saved her from his abuse, as he simply would have found something else to kick her for, whether real or imagined. Truth be told, the poor mother probably SIGHED too often and the monster took it personally!!

The OP needs to stop trying to control everything and everyone around him and leave them alone, because he's far more like his father than he thinks he is. That father was NOT in control and that's what caused him to be such a creep. In truth, the man probably wondered what this woman was doing, staying with him, because he didn't deserve her. Therefore, he used his constant belittling and bullying to undermine her sense of self worth and keep her with him. After all, if he could just make her believe that she was completely worthless and stupid, perhaps he could make her too afraid that no one else would want her. If that wasn't the case, he simply would have gotten a divorce and found someone better!

Think about it that way OP. If your story is true, your mother was too good for your father, and she didn't even have a college degree....and he KNEW that. It would explain his abuse of her. Fortunately, most women stop loving men like that and leave them instead of trying harder to please them.

You go to Subway all of the time and see this woman who "sighs" and you want her to STOP it! You've imagined all sorts of reasons for her doing so and clearly, have set up fantasy scenarios (probably many of them negative, hearing the echoes of your fathers negative, abusive comments). Because you've decided that she's out of your class, how DARE she sigh at "only you". You want to believe there's something not so bad about it, so you come here looking for possible reasons why this is happening. Well, you've been given a few reasons. Is anything sinking in?.....like perhaps, you're not so evasive with your "glances", or you come in regularly and seem pi$$ed off at her because she's sighing at you? (Something this poor woman is probably not even aware that she's doing!)

Old 10-07-2011, 08:10 AM

11,344 posts, read 19,743,786 times
Quote:
There's a woman that works at my local Subways restaurant. I go there several times a week, always order the same thing; OK, I vary the type of cookies I get from time to time, but everything else is the same.

She is quite attractive, not that I'm thinking of actually going out with her since, well, she works at Subways. I'm sort of searching for someone to settle down with and I'm a professional and I want a professional spouse too, and working at Subways is not quite there.

Now, here's the issue:

Every time she attends me, she always sighs.

What the heck is that about?

I can understand if she sighs once a while, but every freaking time?

I'm not that bad looking, plenty of people have commented on how handsome I appear to them. People are always staring at me, which is no longer an issue (learn to live with it).

I never go to the Subways with a grumpy face, a scary face or with an attitude; I'm always nice, always order the same thing, always smile.

Why the sighs??????

If she doesn't want to make sandwiches for people, maybe working at Subways is not the best thing!

But she only sighs when she sees me! It's proven.

I go there when nobody is there and she sighs!

I go there when its packed and I'm first to be served and she sighs!

I go there when its packed and I'm last to be served and, you guessed it, she sighs!

And she only sighs when she sees me!!!

What the hell is going on????

I've search the internet for a possible solution, but there are like a million explanations. Maybe women here would be able to give me a much more accurate explanation, especially if you have the habit of sighing every time you see one particular person.

Why the sighs?!

BTW, I know I can just go up there and ask her, but that would be sort of rude, I think.

What is going on?

Thanks in advance.
She probably doesn't even see you. She probably doesn't even know she's sighing. You know how many "professionals" she takes sandwich orders from every day?

I bet it has nothing to do with you.

Go ahead and ask her though, it will give her something to laugh about with her coworkers every time you come in.

Old 10-07-2011, 08:16 AM

29,803 posts, read 34,628,000 times
Next time she sighs, ask her, "rough day?" and see what she says. There's really no need for all this agita.

Old 10-07-2011, 10:20 AM

1,176 posts, read 2,202,313 times
Quote:
There's a woman that works at my local Subways restaurant. I go there several times a week, always order the same thing; OK, I vary the type of cookies I get from time to time, but everything else is the same.

She is quite attractive, not that I'm thinking of actually going out with her since, well, she works at Subways. I'm sort of searching for someone to settle down with and I'm a professional and I want a professional spouse too, and working at Subways is not quite there.

Now, here's the issue:

Every time she attends me, she always sighs.

What the heck is that about?

I can understand if she sighs once a while, but every freaking time?

I'm not that bad looking, plenty of people have commented on how handsome I appear to them. People are always staring at me, which is no longer an issue (learn to live with it).

I never go to the Subways with a grumpy face, a scary face or with an attitude; I'm always nice, always order the same thing, always smile.

Why the sighs??????

If she doesn't want to make sandwiches for people, maybe working at Subways is not the best thing!

But she only sighs when she sees me! It's proven.

I go there when nobody is there and she sighs!

I go there when its packed and I'm first to be served and she sighs!

I go there when its packed and I'm last to be served and, you guessed it, she sighs!

And she only sighs when she sees me!!!

What the hell is going on????

I've search the internet for a possible solution, but there are like a million explanations. Maybe women here would be able to give me a much more accurate explanation, especially if you have the habit of sighing every time you see one particular person.

Why the sighs?!

BTW, I know I can just go up there and ask her, but that would be sort of rude, I think.

What is going on?

Thanks in advance.
yeah mr professional. it's Subway not Subways. No s
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships