Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2011, 06:15 PM

7,965 posts, read 11,759,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonio84 View Post
No, not staring.

I look at the menu, look around, look at the food, then when she's going to take the order of someone, quickly look at her and neither have I seen nor heard her sigh. Then I quickly look away and become aloof again until someone takes my order.

But when its her that has to take my order, surprise, a sigh!

WTF?

All studies I've read clearly show that people that were brought up in less than ideal homes tend to become just like their parents and you have to make a conscious effort to avoid falling in that trap.

Well, it goes without saying that customers are to be treated well, regardless what the person thinks of them.

Sighing all the time in public, especially when you're suppose to be taking care of customers, is rude; plain and simple!

Even more so when its clearly directed at one customer, all the freaking time.
Newsflash! She notices that you are looking at her....it doesn't take a college education to figure that out. Your feeble attempts at "appearing aloof" are only accentuating the fact that you are checking her out. OMG! Too freaking funny. Ummmm as far as becoming like your parent, ask yourself this, "Did I like the way my father treated my mother?" If your answer is NO, then don't act like your father. It couldn't be more simple than that! How you could possibly allow yourself to treat another human being as disgustingly as your bully, arrogant father treated (of ALL people), your MOTHER, is beyond me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2011, 06:17 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,143,732 times
I'm pretty sure she's sighing with pleasure thinking about how once she's worked her way to her proctologist degree by working sh*t jobs like Subway during med school, she will be able to stick her finger up the * sses of Moderator cut: snip every single day.

If you go for your prostate exam one day and the doctor oddly seems to use no lube at all and feels like she's using three fingers, and she sort of smothers a giggle when she catches an accidental glimpse of the front, you know it's the former Subway girl, you just don't recognize her.

Last edited by JustJulia; 10-07-2011 at 05:48 AM.. Reason: Don't dodge the censor, please

Old 10-06-2011, 06:23 PM

17,664 posts, read 22,753,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I'm pretty sure she's sighing with pleasure thinking about how once she's worked her way to her proctologist degree by working sh*t jobs like Subway during med school, she will be able to stick her finger up the * sses of tons of superior Moderator cut: snip one day. If you go for your prostate exam one day and the doctor oddly seems to use no lube at all and feels like she's using three fingers, and she sort of smothers a giggle when she catches an accidental glimpse of the front, you know it's the former Subway girl, you just don't recognize her.
EXcept she will use a Pool Cue...

Last edited by JustJulia; 10-07-2011 at 05:48 AM..

Old 10-06-2011, 06:27 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,209,717 times
You can play with her since she is a subway worker instead of dating her-lol

Old 10-06-2011, 06:28 PM

19,837 posts, read 20,452,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1208 View Post
I can't believe some of you people on here sometimes, I have a hard time figuring out how you manage to get dressed and fed each morning without the fire department getting involved at some point to rescue you from a tree.

Hahahahhaha. Finally, someone said it.

Old 10-06-2011, 06:34 PM

7,965 posts, read 11,759,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
Hahahahhaha. Finally, someone said it.

Old 10-06-2011, 06:40 PM

358 posts, read 472,387 times
Quote:
Because I eat there several times a week.

I would have to go out of my way to visit another Subway every time I have the urge to eat one of their sandwiches. That's dumb when there's one so close to my office.

I thought it was probably something women would understand and rather than talking about this to someone that knows me, I thought since here we're all supposedly anonymous, I would get a more accurate possible answer.

I take it the sighs make you uncomfortable and you think if you understood "why" you'd be more comfortable at Subway?

You could give this a try, let go of the need to understand her sighs; they are beyond your control. Bring your focus back to why you enjoy eating at Subway; your order, the convenience, the time to yourself, etc. When you catch yourself noticing the sighs simply let them be and turn your focus to something you like in your immediate enviornment.

It may take a little time but with practice you'll be able to distance yourself and enjoy your meal without giving the sighs more than a moment's notice. Over time you may even be able to see things from a larger perspective and answer the question for yourself.

Last edited by Haley James; 10-06-2011 at 06:59 PM.. Reason: grammar

Old 10-06-2011, 06:54 PM

826 posts, read 1,899,269 times
Quote:
Many of you guys are showing some sort of class envy, since everyone that has made a remark about me mentioning that I wouldn't date her for not being professional, didn't bother to ask me why. They simply assumed away thinking I'm 'uppity' or think I'm above the rest.

You can't blame them. The way you phrased it sounds uppity ...

"She is quite attractive, not that I'm thinking of actually going out with her since, well, she works at Subways. I'm sort of searching for someone to settle down with and I'm a professional and I want a professional spouse too, and working at Subways is not quite there"

Like someone else said, she could be a college student working at subway part-time. In this recession, many college student and professionals are doing just that. You are letting her job status determine whether she's wife material or not and that's just not fair.

Also it doesn't matter what your dad said to your mom. Equally educated professional spouses demean each other all the time. Non professional spouses can demean their professional spouses just as well. Haven't you ever heard people dissing those with college degrees, saying they have no sense or calling their degree "just a piece of paper". There are many reasons why there can be conflict in a marriage and limiting yourself to a professional spouse, will not protect you from that.

Now if you'd mentioned some qualities that had to do with inner characteristics i.e. niceness, sweetness, then I'd say you have a shot at a happy married life.

Old 10-06-2011, 07:04 PM

926 posts, read 1,261,040 times
Quote:
Many of you guys are showing some sort of class envy, since everyone that has made a remark about me mentioning that I wouldn't date her for not being professional, didn't bother to ask me why. They simply assumed away thinking I'm 'uppity' or think I'm above the rest.

What if I was to tell you that the impression people get of me is the complete opposite?

Did it ever occurred to anyone here that there's a reason for why I'm not willing to date someone with no college degree, a reason that has nothing to do with how good she would be?

Did it ever occurred to anyone that I may be the son of a professional father and a non-college-degree mother, and witnessed how my 'professional father' would corner my mom on that account, going as far as calling her stupid and her having to shut up?

Of course not!

And neither had anyone here ever thought that I am trying to avoid being like my father and am removing all possible chances for those moments when I forget that promise I made to myself.

Nah, of course not.

Many of you went the 'he think he's better than her' route and started spewing all the class envy many of you have imbedded in your minds.

Why not just stick to the actual topic and not hang up on a little detail that, quite frankly, no one bothered to figure out why it was there to begin with!

For Pete's sake, we're talking about a Subway restaurant and this woman that sighs all the freaking time she sees me. And I don't stare at her, hardly look at her after I get my meal. Could care less, really; except, I don't understand the constant sighs.

But, the next time I go there, I'll ask her.

Wow. After reading that I have to change my stance.

I'm not even serving you and you're making me sigh.

The more you type the crazier you sound. You ARE acting just like your father. Having a degree doesn't make you smarter. This thread is proof of that.

You brought your education into the discussion so don't get upset when people comment on it. Your writing skills are in question also. (i.e. poor sentence structure and incorrect use of commas).

Before you get that young lady in trouble over your own insecurities, don't ask her anything.

Get your food, keep it moving, or go elsewhere. Maybe pack a lunch. Educated folk shouldn't be eating fast food everyday anyway.

Old 10-06-2011, 07:05 PM

4,153 posts, read 9,296,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganusn View Post
I sigh after I masturbate.
OMG lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships