Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2011, 01:46 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,383,858 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Exactly the sentiment. A sudden accusation of "whiner"

Why not provide a normal explanation without baseless allegations?
You just provided a fantastic answer to his original post! Touche!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2011, 01:50 PM

19,008 posts, read 29,816,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
You just provided a fantastic answer to his original post! Touche!!
I do agree he is discounting a possibly good looking girl based on her profession, which I personally won't do.

But I can't wrap my head around the immense anti-white collar sentiment exhibited in this thread from the rest. Reminds me of the "occupy wall street" people I am seeing here every day. They hate everything NYC stands for, a city with inflated careers, paycheques and egos, where behaviour like the OP's is way too commonplace.

Even I, who's mostly self-restrained and considerate, accidentally belittled one of my boss' admin assistants and she excused herself by leaving the scene crying. It's the nature of people in this kind of environment and why is it so hard to accept.

Old 10-07-2011, 01:54 PM

2,336 posts, read 7,051,117 times
Quote:
I do agree he is discounting a possibly good looking girl based on her profession, which I personally won't do.

But I can't wrap my head around the immense anti-white collar sentiment exhibited in this thread from the rest. Reminds me of the "occupy wall street" people I am seeing here every day. They hate everything NYC stands for, a city with inflated careers, paycheques and egos.
Those "Occupy Wall Street" people are idiots, hypocrites, and they don't even know what they are protesting. I love how they took a few minutes from their continuous and fervent bashing of the wealthy to exalt Steve Jobs, one of the richest men ever. Consistency, anyone?

Also, why are there no protesters outside George Soros's office? I can't think of anyone in the world who has more ill-begotten wealth.

Old 10-07-2011, 02:07 PM

16,074 posts, read 28,653,398 times
Quote:
Even I, who's mostly self-restrained and considerate, accidentally belittled one of my boss' admin assistants and she excused herself by leaving the scene crying. It's the nature of people in this kind of environment and why is it so hard to accept.
Accidently
How do you accidently belittle?

Old 10-07-2011, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Accidently
How do you accidently belittle?
Thank God for C/D

https://www.city-data.com/forum/work-...-adminned.html

She took it personally and never forgave me, even though she's changed buildings.

Old 10-07-2011, 02:28 PM

16,074 posts, read 28,653,398 times
Quote:
Thank God for C/D

https://www.city-data.com/forum/work-...-adminned.html

She took it personally and never forgave me, even though she's changed buildings.
EGOs...jeysus

Old 10-07-2011, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
EGOs...jeysus
The third girl told me that she cried becoz she got that sort of comment before a newbie, which the third girl said she found funny.

I'd have thought sisters would root for each other But it innocently slipped out of my mouth. If I were intelligent enough, I'd have never said it. So it was not deliberate. Show me some compassion, virgode

Old 10-07-2011, 02:59 PM

18,257 posts, read 14,492,879 times
Quote:
The third girl told me that she cried becoz she got that sort of comment before a newbie, which the third girl said she found funny.

I'd have thought sisters would root for each other But it innocently slipped out of my mouth. If I were intelligent enough, I'd have never said it. So it was not deliberate. Show me some compassion, virgode
This thread is not about you. We are talking about the OP's condescending attitude.

You'll get your turn, as always. And then complain about the evil reps.

Old 10-07-2011, 06:16 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,869,404 times
Reasons the girl might be working at Subway that have nothing to do with her being a loser with 4 babies by 5 different dads:

*She just moved to town and/or is trying on a different city to see if she likes it.
*She is going to school to get a PhD in astrophysics and needs a way to make money that takes little mental energy
*She's writing a novel and needs a job that takes little mental energy.
*She has another job that makes more money and needs them both, because she's planning to travel around the world next year and this adds needed income and keeps her from having the time to spend her money and feeds her for free
*Or! It's the economy silly. I have a degree from an ivy league university but work as a teacher's assistant b/c though I recently got certified to teach, and very much want to, there are no teaching jobs. So though I love working with the kids, I'm severely underemployed and this girl may be as well. But if you'd actually struck up a conversation with her, you'd know what the deal is. Yeah I'm sure that I've been passed over by plenty of men who are dumber than me but I want a smart one and one who's willing to look beneath the surface.

Old 10-08-2011, 01:32 AM

3,437 posts, read 6,091,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
*She's writing a novel and needs a job that takes little mental energy.
This novel is about how rude and arrogant some people can be to those they feel are beneath them, which is basically everyone.

I don't look down on ANYONE for to the work they do, whether it is due to ability or need.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships