Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 09:24 AM

3,966 posts, read 6,882,450 times

Advertisements

She is doing it, because she knows you will come to city data and post about it, and she loves to vex you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2011, 09:32 AM

257 posts, read 610,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonio84 View Post
There's a woman that works at my local Subways restaurant. I go there several times a week, always order the same thing; OK, I vary the type of cookies I get from time to time, but everything else is the same.

She is quite attractive, not that I'm thinking of actually going out with her since, well, she works at Subways. I'm sort of searching for someone to settle down with and I'm a professional and I want a professional spouse too, and working at Subways is not quite there.
She probably senses your attitiude...you know that her working at Subway is just so below you..you know you being a so called professional and all and she's just s little nothing over-worked underpaid order taker and sandwich maker to you. She senses you think of her as a servant....and not as an attractive girl who might just be fun to take out....even if you might not be thinking it it is the vibe you might give off...

So maybe every time she sees you she wants to throw up but can't do that as she will lose her job so she just sighs instead....

Why don't you do this....go buy a single red rose....go into her subway store...if she is waiting on a customer be polite and stand off to the side...when she is finished with the customer and before she moves on to the next customer hand her the rose and say.

"Hi, I didn't come in to order the usual and this will only take a second of your time but I did come in to give you this rose to show you how much I appreciate all you do when I do come in to order"....and don't wait around for a response and instead turn right around and head out the door.

Then next time you want a subway go in like you usual do...don't even give a hint about the rose you gave her....just smile and order and if she sighs again then find another subway.....Or go see Blimpie.

Old 10-06-2011, 09:32 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,796,954 times
Antonio, give me the address of the subway?!?!?! Is it the one in Darien? I know a bird works there

This is pretty much my territory.

Ok, you can have her.

Next time, pick up little chatter and ask her if she would like to hang out with you.

I'm a professional too. What if she works in a subway? There's a cleaning girl in a place I frequent very often and I mess with her all the time, by dropping subtle flirt bombs. She is hispanic, possibly illegal and hardly speaks a proper English sentence. But my God, she looks so good

Old 10-06-2011, 09:35 AM

19,801 posts, read 20,397,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fashion Girl View Post

Why don't you do this....go buy a single red rose....go into her subway store...if she is waiting on a customer be polite and stand off to the side...when she is finished with the customer and before she moves on to the next customer hand her the rose and say.

"Hi, I didn't come in to order the usual and this will only take a second of your time but I did come in to give you this rose to show you how much I appreciate all you do when I do come in to order"....and don't wait around for a response and instead turn right around and head out the door.

Uhhh...yeah...

lol

Old 10-06-2011, 09:37 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,796,954 times
Some tips:

Bite the sub.

"Aaaahhh, you put too much jalapeno into my sub, it's so hot and so are you"

Bite more.

Old 10-06-2011, 09:38 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,298,441 times
She's not sighing; she's trying to hold her breathe because she doesn't want to suck up all of your precious air because you're so totally awesome. Subway workers should never breathe a professional good looking dude's air.

Old 10-06-2011, 09:53 AM

7,284 posts, read 12,957,718 times
I would switch Subways - your ego is out-of-control. There could be a million reasons why she sighs - could be you, maybe not - but it doesn't matter. What someone else thinks of you is none of your business . . . it really isn't, so get over it.

On a side note: I got at trouble at work once for sighing too much!!!! It was in an office, though.

Old 10-06-2011, 09:55 AM

926 posts, read 1,260,114 times
You put up a front that she's beneath you. Maybe she can sense your arrogance.

Get off your high horse and be honest with yourself. You're attracted to her. Why else would she be "driving you NUTS?"

Just advice: You'll be a lonely man if you go through life with this type of judgemental mentality.

Solution: Smile and flirt with her. If she's cold, leave it alone. If she smiles back and is receptive, meet her for coffee or drinks.

Old 10-06-2011, 09:58 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,652,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonio84 View Post
There's a woman that works at my local Subways restaurant. I go there several times a week, always order the same thing; OK, I vary the type of cookies I get from time to time, but everything else is the same.

She is quite attractive, not that I'm thinking of actually going out with her since, well, she works at Subways. I'm sort of searching for someone to settle down with and I'm a professional and I want a professional spouse too, and working at Subways is not quite there.

Now, here's the issue:

Every time she attends me, she always sighs.

What the heck is that about?

I can understand if she sighs once a while, but every freaking time?

I'm not that bad looking, plenty of people have commented on how handsome I appear to them. People are always staring at me, which is no longer an issue (learn to live with it).

I never go to the Subways with a grumpy face, a scary face or with an attitude; I'm always nice, always order the same thing, always smile.

Why the sighs??????

If she doesn't want to make sandwiches for people, maybe working at Subways is not the best thing!

But she only sighs when she sees me! It's proven.

I go there when nobody is there and she sighs!

I go there when its packed and I'm first to be served and she sighs!

I go there when its packed and I'm last to be served and, you guessed it, she sighs!

And she only sighs when she sees me!!!

What the hell is going on????

I've search the internet for a possible solution, but there are like a million explanations. Maybe women here would be able to give me a much more accurate explanation, especially if you have the habit of sighing every time you see one particular person.

Why the sighs?!

BTW, I know I can just go up there and ask her, but that would be sort of rude, I think.

What is going on?

Thanks in advance.

Subway is terrible. Find another place to eat. Maybe a place where people that work there are up to your standards.

Old 10-06-2011, 10:05 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,652,687 times
I think this was meant to be a troll thread. No response from the OP since his initial post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships