Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2020, 03:10 PM

9,297 posts, read 4,601,803 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
lol thanks story of my life..By sheer numbers and dumb luck i would think eventually I’d get one decent prospect interested eventually. But who the hell knows

You will.....if it's online or anywhere else........tho with the pandemic it's super hard for all the single people out there right now.................
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2020, 11:36 AM

5,324 posts, read 6,110,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
You will.....if it's online or anywhere else........tho with the pandemic it's super hard for all the single people out there right now.................
True. Maybe after this long quarantine some women will be desperate enough to date me lol

Old 04-08-2020, 03:32 PM

8,740 posts, read 3,911,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bson1257 View Post
Why do guys even bother with online dating?
Why not? It's simply another way to meet women; and the more you meet/talk to, the more your chances someone, somewhere is a quality match to what you're looking for. Not every relationship, of course, has to be 'the one'.

That said, don't limit yourself to one method; and don't take it too seriously, unless and until someone comes along who deserves to be taken seriously and a committed relationship ensues. It happens.

Old 04-08-2020, 09:38 PM

1,058 posts, read 1,420,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporateCowboy View Post
Why not? It's simply another way to meet women; and the more you meet/talk to, the more your chances someone, somewhere is a quality match to what you're looking for.

I dunno. Surely it's the same when you're hiring an employee or looking for a spouse: you want to search in a way that turns up one person, and it's the right one.

Old 04-08-2020, 10:01 PM

8,740 posts, read 3,911,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amontillado View Post
I dunno. Surely it's the same when you're hiring an employee or looking for a spouse: you want to search in a way that turns up one person, and it's the right one.
Except - you can't approach it as if you're searching for a needle in a haystack (and expect to find the right one immediately). It takes time - and a sense of humor; enjoy the process.

Old 04-09-2020, 09:08 AM

2,582 posts, read 2,697,382 times
No one is perfect and everyone is a mess in some way. Are you and the other person willing to deal with each other? Do you like each others' looks? Are you and the other person willing to meet in-person sooner rather than later? I think it can be a great option to use, but not to limit yourself to just online only. Always be open to multiple opportunities when they present themselves.

If you think you yourself don't have a lot to offer, then you need to spend the time to work on something to make that different. It's a process. You have nothing to lose by keeping open to things and not saying this one thing or that doesn't work. If something isn't working for you, work on and/or try something else and keep switching around until you find things that do.

Be as open as you can to being okay with being out of your comfort zone too.

Old 04-09-2020, 01:09 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,125,433 times
It's rough. But IMO, no different than 'real-life' dating options. Perhaps slightly more superficial because of all of the photos, but not much rougher than bars, or grad school, or work or ... wherever.

I do think there will be some point in the future, long after I'm dead where dating will be really efficient, will be done online, and people will really pick partners based on true compatibility rather than picking through a list of attributes and photos.

If used correctly, it could be an extremely powerful tool to help pick out a PERFECT match that could be halfway across the world. But hardly anybody uses it that way.

I also do believe that each successive generation becomes slightly less superficial and racist, therefore widening their pool, but I digress...

Old 04-10-2020, 09:54 PM

1,419 posts, read 2,457,857 times
Most of you men are *******s and just want sex anyways so there you go.

Old 04-11-2020, 10:31 AM

5,573 posts, read 3,356,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by princesasabia View Post
Most of you men are *******s and just want sex anyways so there you go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katscorp69 View Post
I agree!
I don't

And I'll raise you and

Old 04-11-2020, 10:02 PM

2,919 posts, read 3,194,286 times
My slender, good looking, highly photogenic acquaintance,...who has no income, no car, no job, no motivation, gets welfare cash assistance and food stamps,....now is seeing 3 different women from tinder at the same time. Lol. And having sex with all 3. One of them is turning into longer term. None of them know about each other. He’s a braggard. Funny because this is the truth nobody cares to admit. Because Americans are a politically correct people. Lots of women could give two poops about inner substance, intellect, and heart and soul IMHO. It’s ALL about looks most of the time. Of course there are tons of exceptions. But looks is mostly number one with women in America. Sure men are too...But not even a 20th of the amount that women are. Sorry. Just being honest. My broke, and busted acquaintance is pure proof. He’s 39 by the way. Getting on dating sites if you are not at least a 7 and up fellows,...mostly going to be a huge waste of time. And if women didn’t want to hear from men looking for hook ups, and are always saying in their profiles to “Move on if you’re looking for a hook up”....why is that my broke acquaintance is constantly hooking up and getting sex seemingly by the 2nd or 3rd date!! Lmao. Just my own opinions and views. It But Im pretty dead on. Pretty sad. But that’s life.

Last edited by folkguitarist555; 04-11-2020 at 10:21 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships