Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2011, 11:04 AM

1,589 posts, read 2,139,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
Man, I really don't know how to put my thoughts down on 'paper' right now since I've got way too many floating around in my mind right now. I've been feeling somewhat lonely. I just want to meet a nice girl who can appreciate me, someone who I can be there for and who can be there for me. Y'know a couple weeks ago I mentioned how I had a deep conversation with one of my housemates... well we've had a few more... she's not quite my type but a girl somewhat like her would be pretty rad. I think she's very good looking even if she doesn't meet the modern standards of what constitutes 'hot,' she's kind, caring and honest. Very honest, which is something I like about her. She'll tell you straight up what she thinks of you, generally with tact but hey at least you know. Maybe it's her age (23, though I've met plenty of other women her age who still act like 18 year olds) but I haven't had much luck meeting women like that.

I'm not sure what the hell the point of this thread is, I guess it's just to get my thoughts off my chest. Better than keeping them bottled up, that leads to bad places. Does anybody know what I mean though? I'm tired of feeling so alone. I just want somebody to love and to love me. Everybody keeps saying it'll happen "some day" but who knows when that is.... and who knows if I can make it that long.
You don't really just want someone to love, you want someone GREAT to love. Like everybody else. If you settle, like for a girl that you say is not quite your type, then you will find "someone to love" sooner.

We have to make choices. Do we settle for something that seems good or do we wait for something that's more perfect?

Do we go for looks or for friendship?

All the tough decisions.

But to find someone, just get in touch with girls (dating sites and penpal sites) and start having friendships. Maybe someone "will make you sing" and then you'll get your wish. Even if it doesn't last, it will still be what you are looking for. Because there is no perfect someone out there, there is only "somewhat fitting" in some ways. I think that's why people go from one relationship to another: to try different things, because the one they've got isn't quite "hitting the spot"...

Start having relationships. And maybe you'll never find THE ONE. And maybe you will. But at least in the mean time, you would have someones to love.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2011, 02:21 PM

1,833 posts, read 2,512,890 times
Freddie Mercury wanted the same thing. He did get it, but not before contracting AIDS.

Old 10-08-2011, 02:57 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,030,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
Man, I really don't know how to put my thoughts down on 'paper' right now since I've got way too many floating around in my mind right now. I've been feeling somewhat lonely. I just want to meet a nice girl who can appreciate me, someone who I can be there for and who can be there for me. Y'know a couple weeks ago I mentioned how I had a deep conversation with one of my housemates... well we've had a few more... she's not quite my type but a girl somewhat like her would be pretty rad. I think she's very good looking even if she doesn't meet the modern standards of what constitutes 'hot,' she's kind, caring and honest. Very honest, which is something I like about her. She'll tell you straight up what she thinks of you, generally with tact but hey at least you know. Maybe it's her age (23, though I've met plenty of other women her age who still act like 18 year olds) but I haven't had much luck meeting women like that.

I'm not sure what the hell the point of this thread is, I guess it's just to get my thoughts off my chest. Better than keeping them bottled up, that leads to bad places. Does anybody know what I mean though? I'm tired of feeling so alone. I just want somebody to love and to love me. Everybody keeps saying it'll happen "some day" but who knows when that is.... and who knows if I can make it that long.
I know people hate hearing it will happen when you're not looking but love is like the mysterious fleeting shadow in your peripheral vision; when you try too hard to see it, it eludes you. Let it sneak up on you. Just stay busy and let it happen when it's time.

Last edited by Whyte Byrd; 10-08-2011 at 03:27 PM..

Old 10-08-2011, 04:17 PM

678 posts, read 1,207,544 times
Most of time, love to me is just a four-letter word..Actually I'm guided out by hate(personal reasons). But it seems inevitable, it strikes me right on the heart, a strange feeling, as if there's something missing there...then I think about all the womans I have let go away from my life. They were really wishing to stick with me but I'd have nothing to give them. I think I'm loveless and that feeling is just what I regret in my life.

Old 10-08-2011, 07:12 PM

9,229 posts, read 8,573,644 times
I looked for love unsuccessfully for years. I longed for it just like you. At first I just wanted to be with someone that I could laugh with, get physical, and have a good time -- I married that one and it turned out badly. A perfect guy, until our honeymoon night -- the first night he hit me. It seems he didn't like being urged to leave the party "early" -- it was after 1:00 PM.

After that, I looked for romance, and deeply caring gazes. That one turned out to be a womanizer and had problems with substance abuse on top of that. At least I didn't marry him.

Figuring that I wasn't ready for any more love, I started my career and climbed the corporate ladder while dating many guys but no one seriously. When I met DH I was dating several guys, and having a great time. DH was antagonistic, irritating, and definitely NOT my type. I couldn't stand him. We worked together and he was always doing something that was irksome.

One day, (I learned later), he decided to buy me a drink after work and tell me what a jerk I was. I'd had a rough day, and agreed to meet him at a nearby bar, and we started talking. Probably very much like you talked with your neighbor.

I don't know yet why I fell head over heels in love with him, but within a month I had stopped seeing anyone else, and though he still irritates me to this day -- more than 25 years later, I've never truly thought to leave him.

So, my advice is to stop looking, be the love that you want to be, and open yourself to what comes your way. Drop the preconceived notions about what love is, because whatever those are -- they are wrong. Your true love will be unique to you and you may not even recognize it right away. You will just find yourself unable to stop thinking about that one person. Her looks, clothes, etc will not matter. You will be confused and may even not believe. Just stay open, and you will see.

Old 10-08-2011, 07:52 PM

607 posts, read 1,218,648 times
I know how you feel OP. I'd like to find the same...but I've been in love before so I'm a little more cautious. It's likely you'll get hurt and IMO most people aren't worth the trouble. I worry a lot about finding someone and I haven't had much luck. I try not to dwell on it too much because it makes me depressed. I just keep praying about it, staying busy and working on myself.

Old 10-08-2011, 07:55 PM

6,470 posts, read 16,438,469 times
HurricaneDC now I need a picture. I remember when I worked it DC it was like a dating bo-nanza. BO-nanza. Why can't you find a woman?

Old 10-08-2011, 10:07 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,165,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LookinForMayberry View Post
I looked for love unsuccessfully for years. I longed for it just like you. At first I just wanted to be with someone that I could laugh with, get physical, and have a good time -- I married that one and it turned out badly. A perfect guy, until our honeymoon night -- the first night he hit me. It seems he didn't like being urged to leave the party "early" -- it was after 1:00 PM.

After that, I looked for romance, and deeply caring gazes. That one turned out to be a womanizer and had problems with substance abuse on top of that. At least I didn't marry him.

Figuring that I wasn't ready for any more love, I started my career and climbed the corporate ladder while dating many guys but no one seriously. When I met DH I was dating several guys, and having a great time. DH was antagonistic, irritating, and definitely NOT my type. I couldn't stand him. We worked together and he was always doing something that was irksome.

One day, (I learned later), he decided to buy me a drink after work and tell me what a jerk I was. I'd had a rough day, and agreed to meet him at a nearby bar, and we started talking. Probably very much like you talked with your neighbor.

I don't know yet why I fell head over heels in love with him, but within a month I had stopped seeing anyone else, and though he still irritates me to this day -- more than 25 years later, I've never truly thought to leave him.

So, my advice is to stop looking, be the love that you want to be, and open yourself to what comes your way. Drop the preconceived notions about what love is, because whatever those are -- they are wrong. Your true love will be unique to you and you may not even recognize it right away. You will just find yourself unable to stop thinking about that one person. Her looks, clothes, etc will not matter. You will be confused and may even not believe. Just stay open, and you will see.
So the moral of the story is, instead of kissing her feet and telling her how wonderful she is and how lucky you are to be in presence, tell her what a jerks she is!

Old 10-09-2011, 07:32 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,951,296 times
Where is my pump soap young man!? lol Shat.

Old 10-09-2011, 09:12 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,951,296 times
"Stop the Shouting and give me a kiss!" What the nerd said from , "Save by the Bell"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships