Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 09:19 PM

78 posts, read 81,066 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post

When I thought, "I want to be rich," someone else creating the situation for me never entered my head. I meant to do it myself.
I didn't make society's norms. Usually the man is the spouse who earns most of the money in a relationship. Of course there
are exceptions to almost any rule. I guess according to your views my mother is a gold digger because my father made the majority of the money.

Last edited by ChinoCochino; 10-12-2011 at 09:48 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2011, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Or killed the marriage. I can't imagine how your wife would feel if she found your post.
Actually I'm quite open with my wife. She knows about my ex. She is the
one who added her as a friend on my ex's Facebook. And yes she also
knows about my original post.

Old 10-13-2011, 03:24 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,427,891 times
You made the decision to break her heart and throw away her love. Now move on. The damage is done. Personally, if someone were to make this decision for me, I would be furious. I don't think others know what is best for me, only I do. But she went ahead and asked you to make the decision, so you did. I would have never asked anyone to make a decision for me.

Old 10-13-2011, 03:42 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,529,645 times
I've told several women that I've been with that if they feel I am holding them back or they aren't happy with me, then they should go find someone or that something that will make them happy. In the end I knew they were not happy & neither was I. Would I tell someone that who I was deeply in love with? NO!!!!

Old 10-13-2011, 04:02 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,552,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoCochino View Post
Trust me there are people who call her a gold digger. Especially my parents. And if it doesn't work out with her current husband he will
probably call her that even if it isn't true.
Your parents influenced your decision to let her go, whether you're willing to admit or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Well, maybe not pity, but to register on a forum in order to post just this specific thread indicates you still have unresolved feelings for this person...
Yep, Theres unresolved issue.

Quote:

Later my parents had a falling out with her and said they wouldn't agree to be the financial sponsor anymore.

She said she would let me decide the fate of our relationship and she would agree with whatever I decided. I decided that we should break up and she should find a man who could make her fully happy (money wise + love)
Shes much smarter than you realized. The fate of the relationship was in your parents hands all along.

Quote:
My wife says my ex is the one who dodged the bullet.
There you have it, and the reason you posted the thread.

Old 10-13-2011, 07:55 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
Quote:
I didn't make society's norms. Usually the man is the spouse who earns most of the money in a relationship. Of course there
are exceptions to almost any rule. I guess according to your views my mother is a gold digger because my father made the majority of the money.
Nope. She is only a gold digger if that's the reason she married him.

And get your head out of that hole...society norms are being turned on their ear.

Old 10-13-2011, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Shes much smarter than you realized. The fate of the relationship was in your parents hands all along.
Well she does have a masters degree from a top university abroad. So if she's even smarter than I thought then wow she is indeed a genius.

Yes, my parents being against us would make it harder to succeed. But in the past I've gone against my parents wishes and lived together with a woman they strongly disapproved of (for 2.5 years might I add and the relationship broke up because she was cheating on me not because of my parents). So I don't think that was the main reason that determined the fate of the relationship.

Old 10-13-2011, 08:39 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,552,612 times
Quote:
Well she does have a masters degree from a top university abroad. So if she's even smarter than I thought then wow she is indeed a genius.

Yes, my parents being against us would make it harder to succeed. But in the past I've gone against my parents wishes and lived together with a woman they strongly disapproved of (for 2.5 years might I add and the relationship broke up because she was cheating on me not because of my parents). So I don't think that was the main reason that determined the fate of the relationship.
Doesn't take a genius, Its critical thinking skills.

I'm connecting the dots from whats been posted, succeeding relationships don't enter into the picture.

Old 10-13-2011, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Doesn't take a genius, Its critical thinking skills.

I'm connecting the dots from whats been posted, succeeding relationships don't enter into the picture.
I'm curious as to what you think a successful relationship is? i.e. If a relationship ends before a couple marries do you consider it a failure?

And if a relationship does make it to marriage what constitutes a successful marriage in your eyes? For example how many years does a marriage have to last or how many children have to be born, etc.

I'm guessing your standards are probably ridiculously high. Like you have to stay married until one person dies.

Old 10-13-2011, 09:53 PM

My wife joined the forum and said she is going to post under the username ChinoCochinoswife. Pardon her English since English is her second language. Should be interesting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships