Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2011, 11:48 PM

26 posts, read 41,218 times

Advertisements

I've been interested in this guy for quite some time now. He's my friends old roommate and the last time I saw him was about 2-3 months ago until last night. The last time we hung out we drank a whole bottle of vodka and talked. Which was nice except neither of us really remember what we talked about haha. All I remember is him gauging my ears, us sitting in his old room on the floor under a small lamp looking at old books. We both have a pretty high tolerance for alcohol so we remember most parts just not necessarily what we talked about. I ended up sleeping on the couch and he slept on the floor next to me. The next morning he left at around 6.00 for well, about 2 months. I saw him yesterday for the first time since then. It was great. We just hung out at his new place. He made himself coffee and made me some tea. We talked and listened to music and laid on his bed for a few hours.
I'm the worst person to catch any signals as I don't have much...if any... experience with guys. But I know there's always been SOME sort of connection.
The problem.
When he was gone for that time I was hanging out with the other old roommates who were also guys. I had good conversation with one of them and we just kind of hit it off and ended up dating him for a month. I broke up with him because I felt like we were to much like 'buddies' and honestly...I had NO physical attraction to him WHATSOEVER. Although looks aren't the biggest thing I rely on... physical attraction is very important in any relationship. Now...Later in the evening he brought it up and said he heard it from 2 of the mutual friends.. I said it just felt like we were buddies and I felt terrible because he's an amazing guy but being buddies isn't what I want for a relationship. They haven't seen each other in awhile but they're like brothers...
The other problem.
He's going to Ecuador December 1st to teach English to kids. -_- what a guy right *sigh* I'm so happy for him and he wants to give so much to people but at the same time I died a little inside when he told me that. (over exaggerating a good deal but it still made me pretty sad)
Do I have a chance with him even if it is for a short time or do you think because I dated his friend there's no chance at all?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2011, 12:51 AM

160 posts, read 295,400 times
Hi Catchofgold, I am involved in a simililar situation!

Here's my thread, maybe the advice in it might help, I dunno.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/relat...-not-into.html

Old 10-21-2011, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineFlower View Post
Hi Catchofgold, I am involved in a simililar situation!

Here's my thread, maybe the advice in it might help, I dunno.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/relat...-not-into.html

Thanks! It didn't help to much since I've never told him how I feel and we've never kissed or done anything before. Though I could reflect on it since I was almost in that same situation in the beginning of this year. Boy was juts "goin with the flow" so I just moved on. Hope everything worked out & thanks for sharing I appreciate it!

Old 10-21-2011, 04:34 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,093,509 times
Isn't that the stuff you read in Cosmopolitan or something like that? lol

Old 10-21-2011, 06:45 AM

1,133 posts, read 2,284,525 times
Based on what you've written it seems he's interested in you for something. It's hard to determine whether it's just for sex or for something more. What do you want out of it knowing he will be leaving in less than 2 months? Ask yourself if it's worth it...

Provide more descriptions of your interactions and him in general. Don't tell us your feelings, thoughts or opinions. Tell us conversations you've had and the physical contact you've made.

Old 10-21-2011, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKSnook View Post
Based on what you've written it seems he's interested in you for something. It's hard to determine whether it's just for sex or for something more. What do you want out of it knowing he will be leaving in less than 2 months? Ask yourself if it's worth it...

Provide more descriptions of your interactions and him in general. Don't tell us your feelings, thoughts or opinions. Tell us conversations you've had and the physical contact you've made.

We've only hung out a couple of times in groups. This last night was the first time we actually hung out together other than the night we hung out with a group of friends and eventually going off to the other house alone together talking and what not. We haven't done anything. We have nice conversations, we have a lot in common etc. The only physical contact has been just like sitting close to on another...He's played with my hair a few times... But other than than physical contact is non existent. I feel like we have a connection but I can't tell if he doesn't want to do anything because I dated his friend for a little bit or because he doesn't like me

Old 10-21-2011, 01:30 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,025,424 times
Sweetie, if he wanted to make an actual move, I would have. I am so very sorry. I so hear you, I've been there. So so very sorry.

Old 10-21-2011, 01:51 PM
YAZ

7,708 posts, read 14,095,579 times
I only used the Ecuador line after having sex with drunk gals.

Old 10-21-2011, 05:18 PM

34,098 posts, read 83,020,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catchofgold View Post
How to tell if someone is interested in you or if you're just in the infamous 'friend zone'
long (sheesh long!) story short...
if you have any doubt whatsoever? ...you are in the Friend Zone

hth

Old 10-21-2011, 05:41 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,104,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catchofgold View Post
I'm the worst person to catch any signals as I don't have much...if any... experience with guys. But I know there's always been SOME sort of connection.
I can honestly name hundreds of times when I have thought a woman was into me because of signals.

This runs the gamut from a simple smile from a stranger to a woman I knew very well going out of her way to cancel plans with a good friend to hang out with me.

I've been rejected just about every single time.

The only way to find out is next time you are hanging out with him, try to kiss him on the lips.

It takes a tough stomach, but....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships