Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2011, 06:59 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,002,157 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Some suggest a California King... Sounds like you're wife is suggesting a sofa king.

There are many couples who have separate beds and rooms. If it means a restful nights sleep sounds like a win.
I thought a CA King was just thicker (a pillow top) than the regular king.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2011, 08:55 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,768,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
I thought a CA King was just thicker (a pillow top) than the regular king.
A california king is longer than a standard king. I'm disappointed that no one caught the sofa king joke.

Old 10-27-2011, 09:55 AM

2,650 posts, read 3,011,793 times
Not saying I'm right and based on what others say here I seem to be in the minority but I disagree. Sleep is overrated. I am a snuggler and a cocoon person and the SO will be right in there with me because she is the same. She would not have become my SO if it were not so. Its a dealbreaker.

Old 10-27-2011, 10:09 AM

3,184 posts, read 4,845,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crabman1 View Post
Not saying I'm right and based on what others say here I seem to be in the minority but I disagree. Sleep is overrated. I am a snuggler and a cocoon person and the SO will be right in there with me because she is the same. She would not have become my SO if it were not so. Its a dealbreaker.
Me too. I sleep way better when she's there. Doesn't matter if she's making noise or tossing and turning, the only time I wake up is when she rolls away to the very edge of the bed. She always comes back though

Old 10-27-2011, 10:24 AM

29,739 posts, read 34,372,211 times
Quote:
Sleep is overrated.
Anyone who says that hasn't been around me after a few nights of not getting enough sleep. Sleep matters.

Old 10-27-2011, 10:27 AM

8,568 posts, read 18,104,727 times
When I'm having a rough night or an anxiety attack, I get up. I have to, staying in bed just makes the anxiety attack worse. However, if I'm gone for more than a half hour, he wakes up worried about me and is then unable to get back to sleep. I try to be considerate and it just makes things worse for him. Separate rooms would never work because he'd worry himself awake not hearing me breathe. However, we have a king size bed and I make it as though it were 2 separate beds. He gets a sheet and in the winter a light blanket. I get a sheet, light blanket for summer and in winter, a light thermal blanket, a heavy blanket and a comforter. It looks a tad strange made with the bedspread because one side is visibly higher than the other, but it works for us. I love being able to throw my arm out and reach him, just to connect, at any time. He doesn't mind that I do as he does the same only with his ears - he listens to the quality of my breathing and can tell whether I'm sleeping well or will need to stay in bed longer in the morning.

We are exploring a split king for the move.

BTW, a CalKing is 4" longer but also 4" narrower than an "Eastern" or regular king. I prefer mine Eastern. We will see what we wind up with when we measure the master bedroom in our retirement home but it will NOT be separate rooms.

Old 10-27-2011, 10:41 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,400,633 times
agreed. makes sense to me.
but im not her.

Old 10-27-2011, 11:58 AM

2,650 posts, read 3,011,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Anyone who says that hasn't been around me after a few nights of not getting enough sleep. Sleep matters.
To you? lol I said I recognize I appear to be (far) in the minority. There is a lot of funny psychology to sleep. I wake a couple of people up every day while I am here at a minimum. A lot of times I wake them all of them up multiple times in a day. I have heard in the 100s or possibly going north of a 1000 times when doing so one of them say that they were not asleep. They will swear to it. They were asleep. Snoring like a baby. I had to shake them to rouse them. Another is the "I couldn't go to sleep for hours" thing when they were actually soundly sleeping in a matter of minutes after laying down. Again they will swear they were awake for hours but they were not, they were sawing logs with the best of them shortly after laying down. I used to do an old trick where I would move the clocks so the guys would think they had plenty of sleep when in fact they had only been sleeping for a few hours. Once they are out and working you move em back to the correct time. Never got caught at it once because they feel fine with all that sleep that they never actually got. Something I always think of trying but havent is moving the clocks so it appears that they have only got a few hours of sleep when in fact that have been down for plenty. I would be willing to bet money that at least one of them would be grouchy from "lack of sleep". lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships