Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2011, 08:48 AM

29,771 posts, read 34,491,950 times

Advertisements

My parents have slept on two twin beds pushed together, each with their own set of sheets/blankets for as long as I can remember. They celebrated their 51st anniversary in August, so it obviously worked.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2011, 08:50 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,028,129 times
I wouldn't mind that--two separate beds in one room. I toss and turn a lot. And I kind of like the idea of sneaking into his bed unexpectedly in the middle of the night then ditching him for a good nights sleep.

But I like the king size bed idea too.

Old 10-26-2011, 08:54 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,155,963 times
I'm totally with you. Some people think that to be 'intimate' means sleeping in the same bed. If both of you are getting enough sex, why is it such a big deal? Like you said, you can cuddle as much as you want, but for the purposes of getting a good night's sleep I'd like having my own bed too. In fact apart from having sex I don't find the idea of sleeping, as in literally sleeping, with someone all that fun. Maybe sometimes, but if I want to sleep I think I'd prefer sleeping alone.

Old 10-26-2011, 08:58 AM

159 posts, read 288,337 times
after reading the title of this thread, all I could thnk of of Rob and Laura Petry of the Dick Vandyke show

Old 10-26-2011, 09:09 AM

8,995 posts, read 20,419,450 times
I keep reading "my parents", "my parents", WELLLLLL, we just happen to be that age (and perhaps older) of "my parents"! We are in our early 60's and love sleeping in the same bed, except the times when we had surgeries and slept in the hospital or a couple of times when the only room at a hotel had two doubles in it. When I met my wife, eleven yrs ago, she was sleeping in a Queen and we slept together ok. Later, we got a King and the thing is huge! It's not a Cal King, just a King and we have plenty of room. She does snore and sometimes fairly loud, but all I do is wake her up and have her turn over.......fine after that. Sometimes she will roll around quite a bit, to get confortable, but it doesn't bother me. We don't kick each other or anything.......darn bed is too big for that!
While living in Colorado, we had an electric blanket with separate controls; worked out great! We now live in FL and only use individual blankets; again, works out fine.
We don't care why older or younger folks want to/do sleep in different beds and/or different rooms, we just won't do that! We just love sleeping in the same bed even with "moving around, getting comfortable" and snoring.

Old 10-26-2011, 09:43 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,668,450 times
We have a queen size bed, and we each have our own blankets. I'll be the first to admit I'm a blanket hog. I snoar and also talk in my sleep. I'd love to have a king sized Sleep Number bed.

Old 10-26-2011, 10:40 AM

159 posts, read 288,337 times
don't spend your money to fast on a sleep number bed IMO. we have one which the wife loves but I haven't had a good nites sleep since we got the peice of crap. I get a better nites sleep in my lazyboy

Old 10-26-2011, 11:47 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,247,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by just anotherguy View Post
after reading the title of this thread, all I could thnk of of Rob and Laura Petry of the Dick Vandyke show
Me too!

Old 10-26-2011, 11:58 AM

538 posts, read 1,524,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
one says to the other: "If he's so liberated... why doesn't he sleep on the wet spot?"
Can't stop laughing. I always volunteer to sleep on the wet spot!

Old 10-26-2011, 12:01 PM

1,801 posts, read 3,559,242 times
I don't snore and I don't toss and turn a lot. Neither does my SO. I'm a light sleeper, but I've got used to him sleeping by my side and I rarely wake up when he makes noises, etc. However, I'd love a bigger bed (twin beds, not so much) so as to be able to adopt my favourite (and massively unglamourous) sleeping position: on my back and with my (very long) legs and arms wide open. That would be paradise :P
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships