Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2011, 08:09 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,174,667 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeAndMillie2 View Post
That is not uncommon (girls and boys). Many kids are walking around having no clue. I do not know NY's particular story, but it is about the home.

One thing about my home, in particular... Both parents were extremely open in speaking with me and answering any questions that I had (mostly Mom, it's a girl thing).... Arming me with knowledge (not scare tactics). I think that work more to prevent young teens (12-15) from having sex more than anything else!
Anybody who started having sex at 12 had childhood issues. Especially a women(I know that sounds sexist but it's true) because she was probably the victim of sexual abuse or a older male who took advantage of her. I'll probably get flamed for this but I don't give a damn.

Old 10-28-2011, 08:23 AM

118 posts, read 219,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Anybody who started having sex at 12 had childhood issues. Especially a women(I know that sounds sexist but it's true) because she was probably the victim of sexual abuse or a older male who took advantage of her. I'll probably get flamed for this but I don't give a damn.

No, I agree with you... I would not dare flame you for saying that.

Again, that is why I said it starts in the "home". I have known young women who never felt comfortable telling their parents someone did something to them at 10, 11, 12... whatever (or it could have been one of the parents). Parents put up a wall around sexuality (and yes... in part I blame the parents when a child does not tell... they should ALWAYS feel safe regardless of threats). So it continues the the cycle... I have known young ladies who felt so comfortable talking about sex with their parents and told them the first time something inappropreate happened and the cycle ended.

I can relate to this, personally.

Old 10-28-2011, 08:35 AM

551 posts, read 1,125,126 times
Me personally, I only feel most completely comfortable being faithful to a virgin. I would like to be told the truth at all times no matter how bad but 25 guys? I wouldn't go out with her, thats a one nighter or hit run. But man, you never know about these women. Always go with your gut, you'll feel better. I used to live in regret sometimes when I gave up alot of girls for one that was messing with another dude. SO if you so much as suspect something on multiple ocassions, just keep some sidelines. Plan B,C,D and so on :-)

Old 10-28-2011, 10:48 AM

3,588 posts, read 5,744,584 times
Men who have chased everything in panties, demanding a virgin.

Hmmph. Sexual double standard much?

Old 10-28-2011, 11:00 AM

6,588 posts, read 17,582,575 times
Traditional men care very much about the number of men a woman has slept with. After ruining a relationship by being too honest, I decided to never discuss this again with anyone I'm dating (or anyone else, for that matter; my sexual history is private). Such men want the illusion of purity, even if they themselves spent years digging in the dirt.

The real truth is that anyone over the age of 30 who didn't get married when they were 18 probably has some history! (Of course, maybe this is why you see a lot of these men looking for women who are so much younger - euww.)

I don't mind that religious people have a different view of this. I wouldn't want to end up with a religious nut, anyway. We can just agree to disagree.

Old 10-28-2011, 11:34 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,297,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laorbust61 View Post
Men who have chased everything in panties, demanding a virgin.

Hmmph. Sexual double standard much?
I was about to say that.

Old 10-28-2011, 11:39 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,522,911 times
An old wh*re like me [I havent always been old and fat ya know!!} has NO business judging others!

Old 10-28-2011, 11:47 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,315,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
You started having sex when you were twelve! Wow, sorry to hear that.
If she specifically mentions it, chances are she's not sorry about it.

Old 10-28-2011, 11:55 AM

31,280 posts, read 22,274,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
I really wish that younger people would commit early - and marry as virgins...why not? There is no such thing as waiting for the right person - or having to have "experience" - in my youth as an entertainer - and generally debauched hedonist - I slept with probably 150 woman....Did it do me any good in the long run? I would say NO! I was happy with my first love...but I came from a culture where all people were available sexually...Just because of availablity it does not mean that one should always take advantage of what is there - If there is crack cocaine sold on every corner - does it mean you have to take part?

People in my estimation should marry as early as possible with the support of family and extended family - and be young vibrant parents and have a wonderful NORMAL life - My life was a mistake in that area.
"and marry as virgins" and "I slept with probably 150 woman...."
Pot meet Kettle

Old 10-28-2011, 11:57 AM

30,707 posts, read 80,066,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeAndMillie2 View Post

In my opinion... most men fight the idea of using condoms... I have never once had a STI or even suspected that could be pregnant at any point. Avoiding "accidents" are easy, but it takes TWO.

We have several "condom babies" Two or three. I cannot remember.

They are not as safe as you seem to think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships