Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2011, 08:47 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,536,243 times

Advertisements

Let's say that the article is right. So 78% of men cheat I would think that it would be about the same for women. Unless the men are cheating with each other. Not to mention that this looks bad for women who sleep with married men.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2011, 08:52 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,005,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
I think society sends us mixed signals about monogamy and cheating. We give applause and praise to a couple that stays married acknowledging how hard it is to stay married, but we think by simply saying the words "I do" is how we do it. We define the sex act as making love, but in marriage the sex act can take on many definitions as a; bargaining chip, reward, chore, or satisfying a physiological need. I think many people have that perfect scenario were they feel they would be vulnerable to cheating so they avoid it.

I guess what I'm trying to say is maybe we should look at marriage as something that is not a natural condition for two people. People want very bad to be a spouse or a parent because modern society has placed more value on them than that of being a single person.
I don't think it has as much to do with society as it does the desire to be that important to one person but we're often torn between that and our lustful nature.

And I've seen just as many men as women eager to marry--for those who swear marriage only happens because the woman wants it.

Old 11-11-2011, 08:55 AM

2,112 posts, read 2,697,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Let's say that the article is right. So 78% of men cheat I would think that it would be about the same for women. Unless the men are cheating with each other. Not to mention that this looks bad for women who sleep with married men.
The men can cheat with single women or other men. So no, the number doesn't have to be the same for women who cheat.

Women who sleep with married men may look bad but they are certainly not as bad as married men (or women) who sleep around.

Old 11-11-2011, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy_Jole View Post

Women who sleep with married men may look bad but they are certainly not as bad as married men (or women) who sleep around.

Please explain this to the wife's who feel that they are wrecking thier homes. Is there something about married men that these women can't say no too?

Old 11-11-2011, 09:11 AM

29,745 posts, read 34,389,499 times
Quote:
Please explain this to the wife's who feel that they are wrecking thier homes. Is there something about married men that these women can't say no too?
Neither party is innocent in the situation, but the "other woman" is not the one who stood in front of his spouse and his friends and family and vowed to forsake all others. Also, many times married men lie about their status. They remove their rings, say that they're separated or divorced, etc.

Old 11-11-2011, 09:14 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,146,531 times
Quote:
I doesn't say 78% of men have cheated, its says they would cheat if they thought they could get away with it.

Old 11-11-2011, 09:21 AM

2,112 posts, read 2,697,179 times
Quote:
The other woman didn't take vows did she? She's not the one married to his wife. She's not the one cheating.

Old 11-11-2011, 09:58 AM

977 posts, read 1,815,305 times
The bright side is that at least people are honest, ha ha.

Old 11-11-2011, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy_Jole View Post
The other woman didn't take vows did she? She's not the one married to his wife. She's not the one cheating.

So that makes it ok?? Please tell me you don't think it's ok.

Old 11-11-2011, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
I doesn't say 78% of men have cheated, its says they would cheat if they thought they could get away with it.

Again this article was written by a women. Thats right there is enough to make me question it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships