Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2007, 04:21 AM

3,413 posts, read 8,838,527 times

Advertisements

Robyn, I agree with your reasons and seasons rationalization. I wouldn't change a thing in my past if it meant I would not have my son today.

And I'm sure L is just venting a little bit. You know at that age they're emotional anyway but I think she just needs to let it out.

As for A- I think those Dr. Phil moments are a great opening for you to talk with him about how he's doing. I think his father is likely tearing him apart.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2007, 04:43 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,364,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate girl View Post
Robyn, I agree with your reasons and seasons rationalization. I wouldn't change a thing in my past if it meant I would not have my son today.

And I'm sure L is just venting a little bit. You know at that age they're emotional anyway but I think she just needs to let it out.

As for A- I think those Dr. Phil moments are a great opening for you to talk with him about how he's doing. I think his father is likely tearing him apart.
I talked to my lawyer about that, with A... he told me that I need to let him know that he does not need to take on that burden.....and he doesn't.

A is like me, he tries to take it all on, now I will have to try and figure out how to let him know he does not have to, without telling him that he does not have to put up w that.

Lawyer said, he needs to love his father, respect his father, but does not need to let him unload on him like that.

Old 11-01-2007, 05:18 AM

2,489 posts, read 8,177,964 times
((((this was someone elses answer, mentioned above.......
What is the reason? How could events just happen for a reason? What necessitates them? Do bad people come into our lives for a reason? To hurt us and such? I find that is more painful to think, than of randomness, that things just happen and move on.)))))))

Good morning Robyn - My thoughts on the above? Bad people/things come into our lives to TEACH us. Yes, they hurt us, but from the hurt comes lessons (if we are open to them). They teach us how to be strong, how to break the emotional hold some people are capable of having over us and they teach us it's okay to move on and be happy. They also teach us how to recognize others like them, should that "type" come into our lives again....and they teach us how strong we REALLY are.....but what do I know <g>.

So, I have to call him and let him know day visit only. He will combust.
So what if he combusts.....Just tell him that you spoke with your lawyer and that is what he advised. That does two things - It lets him know you and your lawyer are in contact and the lawyer is advising you - it also tells him the lawyer knows what happened this weekend with the sleeping arrangements and such.....He may combust, but he's also going to be scared sh*tless, realizing you weren't kidding about the lawyer or about the arrangements not being acceptable. If the lawyer knows, the court will know...he's going to do some last minute "scrambling" knowing that.

The wheels in his head are going to start turning...."How much does the lawyer know.....Did she tell him ______(fill in the blank)....."...then he's going to get all self-righteous...."It won't matter, what I did/said was not bad, it was okay....it's all her fault, she never should have left...." etc., etc.

Thankfully, you only have a few more days before court and if you just keep doing what you've been doing, stay strong, it won't be long and that part of the legal proceedings, at least, will be behind you. Be prepared for him to "combust", keep documenting, clicking and dance away and around whatever he throws your way

I won't be around tomorrow, possibly not Saturday, either, not sure. I'm having some oral surgery done tomorrow morning and I expect I'll be in la-la land most of tomorrow, so will resist turning on the computer and typing something totally off the wall

Have a good weekend, enjoy your new robe and know that your children will be safe with you at the end of each day.

Old 11-01-2007, 06:13 AM

As they always do, His arms wrapped tightly around me this morning. He saved me again. It is still morning, so I cannot say today is not my day, but at least, this morning...was not my morning.

I drove 70mph on my way to work...in a 60mph, behind me the big rigs screaming along. All of a sudden, infront of me, a deer.

The deer, in its glorious majesty, His wonderful creature, running from one side of the road to the other, beautiful.

Do I slam on my breaks, do I keep my pace? Deer infront, big rigs in back.

I used the breaks just enough, he made it across, and I was not hit from either end.

His arms wrapping around me still, as I sit here, my heart beating out of my chest. His love and mercy, wrapped around me..... for without Him, I am nothing...

Old 11-01-2007, 06:21 AM

788 posts, read 2,111,533 times
Talk to him about it on the phone and tell him that he can't have them o/n. If he gives you a bunch of crap - you tell him that he can only have them on Sunday - that way he has to give them back to you for school the next day! I want to tell you to let him combust and then be away all weekend - take the kids at stay at Kalo's house with your cell phone off and then come home to sleep......
Let him leave voice mail messages and let him call - then you can report him for harassment. I had to finally do that - I took no pleasure in doing that - my my own personal idiot boy would not learn his lesson any other way.
You have to do what you have to do to get through it - but you have to put your foot down sometime and the longer you wait the harder it gets......
I am so glad you had a good night and I am SSOOOOOOO happy you spoke to your lawyer and he validated how you are feeling so that you won't feel guilty!
Have a great day!!

Old 11-01-2007, 08:54 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,712,881 times
Last night, L was looking through the bag and she has been fine, she looked at the pic and said I will keep this forever and ever until the day I die because this is when you were together and you were happy, but now you are broken up, and she started to cry.

She has been fine, and this really came out of nowhere, we were coming out of the church, and I think she was just so tired. I let her know it was fine to keep the picture, to calm down. She was fine in a few mins.

This morning I was making their lunches and she had put the keychain on her house key. I could only smile., the key chain is bigger than the bottom of a coffee cup, way bigger. Not to fit in her pocket. I just let her know I had to take it off, It would not fit, she can keep it anywhere she wants, and if she needs to put the key on a chain, she has a little heart one, etc...

You are such a sweet mom.

I'm glad you spoke to your lawyer and he gave you good advice. When IB starts whining about not having the kids overnight just remember that you've been able to get your own suitable place and pay your own bills and there's no reason he can't. And yes, let him combust, but don't be around for him to take it out on you.

Old 11-01-2007, 10:52 AM

14,520 posts, read 8,768,824 times
Robyn, I'm so very grateful for the divine protection given you this AM on the highway....Thank God for this....my heart was jumpin' all over, just reading about what happened, and what Didn't happen.

Old 11-01-2007, 11:36 AM

3,413 posts, read 8,838,527 times
Also remember, Robyn that in addition to getting your own place and paying your own bills, you're a 7 day a week parent, not just a Weekend/Disney/Part timer. AND no matter how much child support you get, it barely makes a dent in the true expenses of raising children.

Old 11-01-2007, 03:58 PM

223 posts, read 694,242 times
Cinderobyn, I was listening to the radio in the car today and Martina MacBride's "Independance Day" came on. I thought of you.

Best of luck, stay strong. =)

Old 11-01-2007, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelostsouls View Post
Cinderobyn, I was listening to the radio in the car today and Martina MacBride's "Independance Day" came on. I thought of you.

Best of luck, stay strong. =)
Awww....thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships