Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2012, 11:00 PM

6,952 posts, read 6,877,619 times

Advertisements

Yes, I think it all boils down to the fact that you cannot make someone (man/woman) be interested in a relationship if they just aren't ready to do that yet. Maybe never, of course.

Like smoking, we will find a way if we want to do it, and if the motivation is not there, then it wont happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2012, 05:05 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,727,236 times
To the PO...she's a good mother if she puts her children before you ("us" guys). That's the way it's meant to be.

Old 02-03-2012, 07:33 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,148,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrEarth View Post
I don't really have a problem dating a single mother, and have done so in the past, but it can be difficult.

I know that the kids come first, but should a woman be dating if she has no time?

For example, I dated a woman for about a month, and saw her once a week. Then for an entire month after that, she was unavailable due to various obligations, and we only lived 10 minutes away from each other. I would have continued to see her, but it was like a long distance relationship, which I'm not interested in.

So, for you single moms:

How do you date if you have no time?

What did you do to make time to see the man you were dating?

Or, did you just not date?
Don't date women with kids. Problem solved. Next!

Old 02-03-2012, 07:37 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,724,589 times
Quote:
I don't really have a problem dating a single mother, and have done so in the past, but it can be difficult.

I know that the kids come first, but should a woman be dating if she has no time?

For example, I dated a woman for about a month, and saw her once a week. Then for an entire month after that, she was unavailable due to various obligations, and we only lived 10 minutes away from each other. I would have continued to see her, but it was like a long distance relationship, which I'm not interested in.

So, for you single moms:

Dude, shoplift the pooty.

And then, next mom

Old 02-03-2012, 07:37 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,919,333 times
Years ago, I heard that the local "parents without partners was a good place to hook up for one night stands with women. That might explain a lot.

I personally think "14 bricks" is on the right track.

Old 02-03-2012, 09:13 AM

934 posts, read 1,939,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frihed89 View Post
To the PO...she's a good mother if she puts her children before you ("us" guys). That's the way it's meant to be.
If she didn't see you for an entire month because she was 'busy with the kids', are you sure that was the reason? Or an excuse?

Old 02-03-2012, 09:18 AM

2,743 posts, read 4,828,538 times
I've dated single mothers and it went quite well, they managed their time and found ways to make sure that the kids were taken care of, but that she (us) had enough time together for dating purposes.

And I've dated single mothers who just were not able to make the time, from circumstances putting too much on their plate, or that they just couldn't organize there time. Those I told that they need to dial back the dating, because one or two dates every one or two weeks wasn't enough time spent together to see if we were compatible.

I totally agree that the kids come first. But that doesn't mean that the kids should take up 100% of the single parents time. After all, a 'good parent' would realize that their own good moral, and maybe even having a good long term relationship, would be in the best interests of not only the parent, but also the kids.

Old 02-03-2012, 09:30 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,749,338 times
Quote:

So, for you single moms:

Maybe it was her way of saying that she wasn't really interested in you

I guess when dating a single mom one automatically is assessed as a potential substitute father. So dating a single mom is a lot closer to everyday life than when two singles without kids get to know each other.

Old 02-03-2012, 09:43 AM

819 posts, read 1,129,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Don't date women with kids. Problem solved. Next!
Yeah, it's not worth your effort. The kid will always come first (they should), which makes it literally impossible to have a legitimate relationship. Yet another example of how divorce and bearing children out of wedlock has really f'd up society.

Old 02-03-2012, 09:44 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,737,789 times
Quote:

What do you mean by "Should" ?

Are you talking about morality? Or what is practical for her? Or what is good for you? Or something else?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships