Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Women will you....
Date a rich guy whos ugly, boring, but extremely intelligent 5 20.00%
Date a rich guy who is a little bit below average, extremely boring but intelligent 5 20.00%
Date an average looking guy make, making 50k a year, somewhat interesting and mildly intelligent 9 36.00%
Date a hot guy who makes 40K a year, extremely fun, not very intelligent, 3 12.00%
Date a hot guy who makes 50K a year and a little boring average intelligence 2 8.00%
Date an average looking guy making 50K a year, bore fest but extremely intelligent 1 4.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 04:43 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,785,760 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veyron View Post
Exactly...This is what happens to rich guys like that
Fast forward to 2:12

Established Men On Tyra 1/5 - YouTube

Rich men become victims..
I don't think they're quite victims. They can buy some floozey, they want a floozey, they have more than enough money to buy some younger woman that put herself up for sale. The men have to know deep down without the money the younger woman wouldn't waste a minute with them.

Or if they don't realize it then they're stupid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2012, 04:54 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,756,131 times
All of your men on the poll suck and I wouldn't pee on them if they were on fire.

Where do you come with these silly caricatures of people?

Where are the intelligent, good looking, interesting men on your poll? Why give such limited choices?

Old 02-07-2012, 05:03 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,220,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
All of your men on the poll suck and I wouldn't pee on them if they were on fire.

Where are the intelligent, good looking, interesting men on your poll? Why give such limited choices?
I missed the bore fest when I voted. Although, it's funny how smart is usually related to boring in the minds of folk.

Old 02-07-2012, 05:08 PM

1,431 posts, read 2,484,501 times
Unfortunately, my experience has been rather rough. My sister and my female cousins (some, not all) have money as a top priority. Of course, my sister is in college, so it's more signs of money in his household, such as the guy's country club membership, car, etc from his parents.

My mother did NOT marry for cash. When we were growing up, dad's spending habits kept us at paycheck-to-paycheck. After hearing "No" for items which were small and of little value (I'm not talking a $500 motorized car from the 1990's...I mean a $7 VCR tape), seeing what my cousins had (NYC investment banker uncle), and seeing what my grandfather could afford to do, I came to appreciate what a boon it is to have a comfortable earning capacity. That is to say, I had a child/young person's "Scarlett O'Hara" moment. I'm a man, so I was never inculcated with the idea that my spouse should provide for me. After seeing my mother's marriage, I cannot entirely blame my sister for looking for a "provider." Of course, I cannot forgive the "b-tch" attitude that often accompanies that outlook.

Old 02-07-2012, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I missed the bore fest when I voted. Although, it's funny how smart is usually related to boring in the minds of folk.
I find that so weird. Intelligence to me is interesting. And intelligent men are usually fun as well.

The money stuff I couldn't care less about, I have my own money.

Old 02-07-2012, 05:10 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,993,229 times
Quote:
Are rich men really sought out by women aggressively like most men make it seems? Whats your opinion on this?
I think most all women want a man who has money. That is a given. But, there are a select few who I feel DO in fact aggressively go after men who are rich. I see them ALL the time. They have this certain look about them where you can just look at them and tell who they are. They are usually young and hot but there is just something else about that you can just tell they are that type. Like when you go to a Laker game, there are gals you see there who you just KNOW they are hoping to be seen by one of the players with goal of dating/becoming a player's baby-momma/or marriage. These are the same ones I would run into trying to get into entertainment parties like Emmys, Grammys, Golden Globe type after parties.

Old 02-07-2012, 05:15 PM

2,631 posts, read 7,025,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post

Well most men are not likely to be hot, RICH, GOOD LOOKING, GREAT PERSONALITY etc. etc. we have flaws..

And is more of a priority question. Kind of like if you had to choose question.

Old 02-07-2012, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Well most men are not likely to be hot, RICH, GOOD LOOKING, GREAT PERSONALITY etc. etc. we have flaws..

And is more of a priority question. Kind of like if you had to choose question.
I would choose none of them. There's nothing wrong with being alone, it's certainly better than being with a bore, which is what most of your choices are.

I think you suffer from thinking you have to be perfect whereas most people understand that no-one is perfect but sometimes we find someone perfect for us. They don't have to be rich or have movie star looks, they are just real and kind and yummy and we fall in love.

Old 02-07-2012, 05:35 PM

788 posts, read 1,273,311 times
Well, I'm just picky. I want a man I find hot, incredibly intelligent, funny, a lot of fun to be with and who makes a decent salary. Ironically, I was in a long-term relationship with a guy who fit all these criteria, but we decided to part ways and remain very close friends. Crossing my fingers that I find someone just like him who's perfect for me!

Old 02-07-2012, 06:08 PM

3,670 posts, read 7,172,360 times
I'm not from a rich family, so I am intimidated by rich guys and do not actively seek them out. If a guy I was otherwise interested in happened to have a lot of money, that would definitely be a bonus but it would probably make me feel insecure so idk how that would affect things. I would be just fine with someone making a normal income who knows how to manage his money properly. I'm not going to pretend like I don't like money though because of course I do lol. I'd try to make more myself first before trying to find a rich man to give it to me. I'd probably have more luck with the former anyway...rich guys don't usually like me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships