Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Women will you....
Date a rich guy whos ugly, boring, but extremely intelligent 5 20.00%
Date a rich guy who is a little bit below average, extremely boring but intelligent 5 20.00%
Date an average looking guy make, making 50k a year, somewhat interesting and mildly intelligent 9 36.00%
Date a hot guy who makes 40K a year, extremely fun, not very intelligent, 3 12.00%
Date a hot guy who makes 50K a year and a little boring average intelligence 2 8.00%
Date an average looking guy making 50K a year, bore fest but extremely intelligent 1 4.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 07:10 PM

1,429 posts, read 2,300,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
they all sound like duds, chose the 3rd one down, cannot deal with the stupidity so had to pick this one. IMO, most of these so called 'rich guys' worried about women being after their wallet so much aren't that rich in the first place, more like cheapskates/penny pinchers ....
Yep.

I mean if you are so rich yet you are still hanging around 'low crowd' women who are out for your money then where exactly are you hanging out? It is you that needs to change and associate yourself with other women who are in your wealth bracket if those are the kind of women you are after. I mean if you are seriously concerned about a woman taking your cash then you can't blame her if she doesn't make as much as you and you are chatting her up. It takes two to tango. Men who worry about this just want to inflate their own egos by the old "Oh I have to beat the golddiggers off me with a stick" mentality. Men dream of having too many woman vying for their attention and to be wealthy. The truth is that if your annual income is less than a million dollars you have nothing to worry about and you are only kidding yourself because, seriously, if you are making less than that why would a woman want a man to provide for her what she can provide for herself?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2012, 07:12 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,746,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariakintobor View Post
yep.

I mean if you are so rich yet you are still hanging around 'low crowd' women who are out for your money then where exactly are you hanging out? It is you that needs to change and associate yourself with other women who are in your wealth bracket if those are the kind of women you are after. i mean if you are seriously concerned about a woman taking your cash then you can't blame her if she doesn't make as much as you and you are chatting her up. It takes two to tango. men who worry about this just want to inflate their own egos by the old "oh i have to beat the golddiggers off me with a stick" mentality. men dream of having too many woman vying for their attention and to be wealthy. the truth is that if your annual income is less than a million dollars you have nothing to worry about and you are only kidding yourself because, seriously, if you are making less than that why would a woman want a man to provide for her what she can provide for herself?
qft

Old 02-07-2012, 07:13 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,864,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I missed the bore fest when I voted. Although, it's funny how smart is usually related to boring in the minds of folk.
Nearly all people develop little academically after age 12 to 14. To them, intelligent people with wide interests are scary but they don't want to admit that so it's boring instead!

Old 02-07-2012, 07:18 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,580,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
Nearly all people develop little academically after age 12 to 14. To them, intelligent people with wide interests are scary but they don't want to admit that so it's boring instead!
Hell try being Black with other interest outside of drinking, clubbing, stripe clubs and sagging your pants then you sell how BORING people really think you are.

Old 02-07-2012, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veyron View Post
Whats your opinion on this?

Personally I think its a boat load of ****.

I think women's priorities in finding a partner lie in the face, personality and intelligence not so much as in their wallets.
I know women don't like broke or poor men but an average financial but hot guy will take the women over the ugly rich guy. 9/10

Why do men have this big perception that women's number 1 priority is money when its just a big priority but not number 1.
I agree, with reservations.

I would rate it thus on a scale of 0 to 10:

Being hot (8, 9 or 10) - 8 to 10

Being from a wealthy family - 6

However, since most men from wealthy families are able to "marry well" their offspring are usually at least a 7 so - 9 is more realistic and a very hot guy with money is a 12!

There are a few other niche areas: jocks - 5 to 8 , musicians - 4 to 7 , drug dealers (I'm not talking about hawking crack in Baltimore) - 3 to 7 to list a few.

Most other guys are a 2 at best.

Old 02-07-2012, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
Hell try being Black with other interest outside of drinking, clubbing, stripe clubs and sagging your pants then you see how BORING people really think you are.
Same no matter what your color.

Old 02-07-2012, 07:30 PM

61,286 posts, read 87,521,965 times
no women have more skill than that
however i have found that when i go on cruises complaining about chest pains and property management issues, is a great help.

Old 02-07-2012, 07:46 PM

I had a brilliant friend at college who was a master of practical jokes.

One night, we were sitting around and one of the other guys on the floor complained about (the fact that) all the wealthy guys were getting all the action.

My friend had heard about a joke used at other places and decided to organize it there.

He organized a whispering campaign where we spread a rumor that a mousy guy (otherwise not that bad looking) upstairs - a freshman so he had little "history" - was the scion of a wealthy family. The reason that he studied so much was that his family would disinherit him if he screwed up again.

It wasn't long before he had "prospects" practically lining up at his door. One of the guys from his floor met us in the TV room and he was totally blown away. The creaking bed springs were keeping them up at night and the mousey guys room mate was camped out in the TV lounge (I could sympathize with this from my experience in 1st year)

When the source of this sudden turn around in his fortunes was detected, he was quickly outed and probably didn't get any further action for years.

At the time, we all thought that it was funny but looking back, I wonder what might have happened. What if he were found hanging by his tie in the closet? Difficult to live with.

Old 02-07-2012, 07:52 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,514,631 times
What does salary have to do with being rich? You can make $30K a year and be rich or you can make $100K a year and be poor.

Old 02-07-2012, 08:11 PM

2,631 posts, read 7,025,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyimetro View Post
hell try being black with other interest outside of drinking, clubbing, stripe clubs and sagging your pants then you sell how boring people really think you are.
amen!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships