Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Women will you....
Date a rich guy whos ugly, boring, but extremely intelligent 5 20.00%
Date a rich guy who is a little bit below average, extremely boring but intelligent 5 20.00%
Date an average looking guy make, making 50k a year, somewhat interesting and mildly intelligent 9 36.00%
Date a hot guy who makes 40K a year, extremely fun, not very intelligent, 3 12.00%
Date a hot guy who makes 50K a year and a little boring average intelligence 2 8.00%
Date an average looking guy making 50K a year, bore fest but extremely intelligent 1 4.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-08-2012, 02:22 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,220,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrmlyBklyn View Post
I think brocco is alluding to paranoia. Paranoia is the neurotic behavior that intelligent women possess.
Ok, but paranoia about what?
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2012, 06:08 PM

1,429 posts, read 2,300,568 times
Quote:
Don't forget tax impacts, in reality they are coming home with about 600-700K over ten years. Inflation can make that 700K feel like even less, prices don't stay static, they usually increase over time, except of course for real estate. Go on a nice vacation for two, there goes 5K. Buy some bling jewelry, there goes 10-20K. Money can go quick depending on how couples think, if of like mind you can make it grow exponentially or blow it all with nothing to show for it while you continue to rent your 5K a month 1 bedroom pad in Tribeca.
Exactly.

Old 02-08-2012, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
MariaKintobor on page 4: wrote one the truest posts I've seen on here since joining this website. These men love to sit and complain about soooo many women wanting their money and how are they going to fight off all these 'money grubbing bit*ches ' -- DATE WEALTHY WOMEN if you are so hung up on this! Almost every rich person I ever knew was inundated with friends of the same social status. In other words rich people tend to hang out with other rich people. Never mind the fact this isn't an issue most men have in the first place b/c most of them aren't as rich as they think, just cheap jerk offs.
Rich men don't hang out around poor people unless they are doing charity work which is how I met my Husband.

The only time rich people hang around poor people outside of charity work is because they inherited their wealth or won the lottery ect. and didn't have to work for their money.

I am not saying that to be prissy but the fact is that rich people don't want other people knowing they are rich because it makes them a target. If you are truly rich you don't have to go around talking about it and worrying about women trying to scam you because you are only going to be associating with other rich people.

Rich people have different tastes and activities that the average person doesn't because they can't afford to join in unless they are invited or otherwise have someone footing the bill for them being there.

Old 02-08-2012, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Let's distinguish what WEALTHY is to one who has assets versus the pool of women they are able to attract in their social circle. Let's say for example, a man has a house with a mortgage (low or mid debt financed - significant equity), a job paying 100K plus per year, fantastic fringe benefits (pension, gold plated watch, huge ISO (stock options) or RSU's (restricted stock) plus bonus and 100K in the bank and a brokerage account of 50K. Now lets say the available dateable women in the social network on average have 5 credit cards not including their Nordstrom card and Neiman Marcus, 10K in the bank and a job paying 65K - who has more at risk financially? That is what MEN are thinking when they have thoughts of WOMEN being after their assets. Those MEN are not able to date UP because heck, how many WEALTHY and NORMAL WOMEN would date a guy with a job, not many - they want someone of their own social network - MONEY goes with MONEY.
LOL. A Gold Plated Watch. I laughed so hard at that!

If you are rich you have a watch MADE of gold not some cheap gold plated watch that is going to get scratched up and look like jack in a few months of wearing it.

100K in the bank with 100K income is FAR from rich. You need 50K just to get into real money trading and any rich person isn't going to be dealing with brokerage accounts. Unless you are 65+ your money better be in stocks getting you at least 12% annual return or you aren't going to be able to maintain your wealth due to inflation. You don't need multiple credit cards. The only reason to have multiple credit cards is if you own your business and you have credit cards available for daily business purchases and lunches ect. You don't keep that money in your name. You have it under a company name to limit your liability.

Rich men hang out at the best places. Your average man making 100K considers going to to Cracker Barrel a splurge while for a rich man that is a low key, quick, lunch break when they want a quick country style meal on the cheap. It is like McDonalds to them.

There are so many little things that seperate the average man from the rich man. As a matter of fact there are classes dedicated to helping poor women try to land a rich man.

Old 02-08-2012, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Ugly men with money can be fixed: It's called plastic surgery and having money means the best plastic surgeons..Period!
Exactly. Just like rich women who don't look like models can be fixed.

Rich people are perceived as being healthy, wealthy and happy because they are and can afford to be.

Old 02-08-2012, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyShouldIWorry View Post
Having done the taxes of the wealthy I am in a better position than you and have a better idea of who these wealthy girls go for. It is not the boys from the country club set. They don't have anything that they don't already have. They go for very good looking guys who they think they can control with daddy's money. Sometimes they can. Daddy usually tries to find them a job in his company where they will be kept busy.
LOL.

Poor boys who get suckered into that don't get jobs at Daddy's company. They are just for the quick fling or the social event where the lady wants to have a young thing on her arm. She doesn't take him home to marry him. She will eventually marry the rich man or boy in another company to help build the family empire.

Old 02-08-2012, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Frankly, you're not in a better position to tell me anything about this simply b/c you've done some taxes, but w/e. Clearly you've convinced yourself that women only want men's money. The same way I beleive 'other things' about men. Men think rich women, middle class women and poor women want their money. If in fact she's rich herself now she wants the boys from the other side of the tracks for controlling purposes. LOL. Women are blood suckers, alright I get it.

So as I said before the men complaining about this wouldn't know what to do with a woman with a job and her own money no more than they would with the women they claim are out to get all their money. Hats off to these other women out there, clearly there's plenty of 'winners' to choose from. This is a side note: but I think most of these men should seriously consider dating/sleeping with other men. Women seem to be causing nothing but dread in their lives.
Women do want men with money. ESPECIALLY IF THEY ARE RICH. No woman wants to have her lifestyle downgraded by marrying poorly. The truth is that the rich are always looking to get richer. Everyone is looking to get richer. You can't blame those trying to advance themselves by any means possible.

Old 02-08-2012, 06:38 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,747,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaKintobor View Post
Women do want men with money. ESPECIALLY IF THEY ARE RICH. No woman wants to have her lifestyle downgraded by marrying poorly. The truth is that the rich are always looking to get richer. Everyone is looking to get richer. You can't blame those trying to advance themselves by any means possible.
I wasn't arguing that women don't want men with money -- men and women both would like someone with something going on financially. Life is just easier that way, if you're not having support someone and they won't work, etc. What I was arguing was this impression that ALL women want is to get a man's money to be taken care of and live in a lap of luxury off of his so called wealth. The way they are going on about it, makes it seem like this is a common worry for majority of men (when it's not) and that they are soooo rich and women are money vultures. Pass the tissues. LOL. Good nite.

Old 02-08-2012, 06:39 PM

Quote:
I wasn't arguing that women don't want men with money -- men and women both would like someone with something going on financially. Life is just easier that way, if you're not having support someone and they won't work, etc. What I was arguing was this impression that ALL women want is to get a man's money to be taken care of and live in a lap of luxury off of his so called wealth. They way they are going on about it, makes it seem like this is a common worry for majority of men (when it's not) and that they are soooo rich and women are money vultures. LOL. Good nite.
That is so true. Especially young men who get out of college and land a 'hot shot' job where they are making like 40K a year. That is NOTHING.

Old 02-08-2012, 06:48 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,514,945 times
Well, what about managing the aseets they got handed? I guess they were good at it?

I agree. I rather earn my money then be given to me. You will value that money and save/invest wisely.

Even Obama comes from a Middle Class family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurePugx3 View Post
The only truly wealthy guys I've known, and I don't know many, did not come by it through their own hard work; generally they had it handed to them by their parents. One in particular comes to mind and while it all looked good on the surface, there was no substance there. No interest on my part.

My husband earns a good salary as do I. We're not rich but comfortable. I would rather be in my situation than with a guy who has never had to work. I grew up in a middle class family, that's what I know. My dad was a hard worker and always worked, aside from the last six months of his life as he was too ill. Had he been released medically to go back to work, he would have in a second. He was never wealthy but did well for himself; I still have a lot of respect for his work ethic.

There are plenty of hard working wealthy guys out there, I'm sure....the two I know, however, are not. Money is nice but it sure isn't everything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships