Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Women will you....
Date a rich guy whos ugly, boring, but extremely intelligent 5 20.00%
Date a rich guy who is a little bit below average, extremely boring but intelligent 5 20.00%
Date an average looking guy make, making 50k a year, somewhat interesting and mildly intelligent 9 36.00%
Date a hot guy who makes 40K a year, extremely fun, not very intelligent, 3 12.00%
Date a hot guy who makes 50K a year and a little boring average intelligence 2 8.00%
Date an average looking guy making 50K a year, bore fest but extremely intelligent 1 4.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 07:43 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,527,042 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
These are the days of our lives, not life offline.

What do you mean?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2012, 07:45 PM

1,429 posts, read 2,304,751 times
Quote:
So true.
To clarify further that magical reason is known as compound interest.

Old 02-08-2012, 07:47 PM

19,018 posts, read 25,267,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Info Guy View Post
What do you mean?
Days of our lives meaning a soap opera and the great issues noted on CD about men who live care free loaded lifestyles and the women that chase after them. It's all so dreamy! And quite unbelievable from where I sit. In the end I agree with you. For the most part, successful people (perhaps not those who live soap opera lives) are smart with their money, are smart in general, and marry equally smart partners.

Old 02-08-2012, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaKintobor View Post
There isn't really a need to spend that much a year until you get into the higher brackets. When you are making 5M a year the idea is to save up that money and then live off the interest. After two years, assuming you don't spend a dime you would have 10M and then with the average return of say 12% annual return you would have 1M a year plus your annual income to live off of/invest for more interest.

It is exponential.

There is a reason why the rich get richer.
Really? How do we know that? Some people earn $60K a year and only spend half of that per year because that 'isn't' a need.

You can save money at any income even minimum wage.

That does not mean 12% every year though. Markets fluctuate every year and the guaranteed bank interest is like 1% at the most.

Old 02-08-2012, 07:49 PM

Quote:
To clarify further that magical reason is known as compound interest.
It's getting that next egg to begin with that's the trouble. That takes discipline.

Old 02-08-2012, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Really? How do we know that? Some people earn $60K a year and only spend half of that per year because that 'isn't' a need.

You can save money at any income even minimum wage.

That does not mean 12% every year though. Markets fluctuate every year and the guaranteed bank interest is like 1% at the most.
That is my point. Rich people and poor people spend money differently and have very different views upon what is considered to be essential.

You can save money at any income but the truth is that unless you pick a lucky stock that you just so happen to be heavily invested in someone making minimum wage isn't going to be rich.

12% As an average. More is always better. Less is alright but you want to hit 12-15% to fight inflation and keep your assets multiplying. If you are rich you don't let your money sit in the bank. You invest it. A bare minimum would be the top 500 companies. Heavens.

Old 02-08-2012, 07:54 PM

Quote:
It's getting that next egg to begin with that's the trouble. That takes discipline.
Yes it does but it is possible if you polish your talents.

Old 02-08-2012, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Days of our lives meaning a soap opera and the great issues noted on CD about men who live care free loaded lifestyles and the women that chase after them. It's all so dreamy! And quite unbelievable from where I sit. In the end I agree with you. For the most part, successful people (perhaps not those who live soap opera lives) are smart with their money, are smart in general, and marry equally smart partners.
I know about that show. Sure, women may chase them but I am not sure how responsible they are with money. I have heard of big lotto winners who lost their money fast. I have heard of celebrities losing it all and also sports players. Small business owners who start from scratch tend to be frugal and become successful.

Old 02-08-2012, 08:00 PM

Quote:
I know about that show. Sure, women may chase them but I am not sure how responsible they are with money. I have heard of big lotto winners who lost their money fast. I have heard of celebrities losing it all and also sports players. Small business owners who start from scratch tend to be frugal and become successful.
Yea, very true. My aunt was like the latter example. Very frugal woman as well as her husband. She made an ok income for a spell (~300k/yr + whatever he made). She didn't waste a dime. She vacationed and whatnot, but always went economy, always nickle and dimed it. Eventually, the two of them became wealthy. They're well into the millions now. It's inspiring.

Old 02-08-2012, 08:02 PM

Quote:
That is my point. Rich people and poor people spend money differently and have very different views upon what is considered to be essential.

You can save money at any income but the truth is that unless you pick a lucky stock that you just so happen to be heavily invested in someone making minimum wage isn't going to be rich.

12% As an average. More is always better. Less is alright but you want to hit 12-15% to fight inflation and keep your assets multiplying. If you are rich you don't let your money sit in the bank. You invest it. A bare minimum would be the top 500 companies. Heavens.
They sure do. Have you read 'The Millionaire Next Door' and/or 'The Millionaire's Mind', 'Rich Dad, Poor Dad',?

At $60K a year, you can easily reach $1 Million with time and compounding interest. Depending on how much you invest each other and that does not mean investing in that one lucky stock.

I am pretty sure you know about diversification.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships