Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Women will you....
Date a rich guy whos ugly, boring, but extremely intelligent 5 20.00%
Date a rich guy who is a little bit below average, extremely boring but intelligent 5 20.00%
Date an average looking guy make, making 50k a year, somewhat interesting and mildly intelligent 9 36.00%
Date a hot guy who makes 40K a year, extremely fun, not very intelligent, 3 12.00%
Date a hot guy who makes 50K a year and a little boring average intelligence 2 8.00%
Date an average looking guy making 50K a year, bore fest but extremely intelligent 1 4.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2012, 12:04 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,347,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
You missed the broke guy who is intelligent and fun. Those are the ones I go for! Like many women, I have always had plenty of my own money so I don't really care about how much he makes. I want his body and his mind!
Just watch out for the broke guy who is intelligent and fun but has a code of honor that prevents him from getting a date.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2012, 12:06 PM

1,392 posts, read 2,099,527 times
My Mom my whole life was always warning us about people wanting our money or to use us for our money.

Once I finally came out of my shell and started meeting people I realized that most people don't really give a ****.

Old 12-22-2012, 12:08 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,347,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanuttree View Post
My Mom my whole life was always warning us about people wanting our money or to use us for our money.

Once I finally came out of my shell and started meeting people I realized that most people don't really give a ****.
It's funny and kinda sad how mothers have a knack of painting the world as an overly hostile world for their children.

Old 12-22-2012, 04:36 PM

1,419 posts, read 2,455,336 times
Wheres the guy who makes at least 500K or more??? What is this peasants pay of 40k-50k????? WTH. This poll sucks.

Old 12-22-2012, 10:49 PM

5,751 posts, read 10,378,188 times
I didn't answer this poll as I just can't think of a rich/highly intelligent guy who is also boring and ugly. I have dated many rich/intelligent men and they have never been boring as money gives you more opportunities to do exciting things. I find highly intelligent guys very exciting (not boring).

Really, the only 2 things on the poll I care about are intelligence and excitement. Looks and wealth matter less, though I'd pick wealth over looks as it signifies other qualities (hard-work, perseverance, intelligence), while good looks are often just genetics and more likely than wealth to fade with age.

So I would have picked this option: Guy of average looks, average salary, extremely exciting, extremely intelligent

Old 12-27-2012, 01:53 AM

33 posts, read 78,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by princesasabia View Post
Wheres the guy who makes at least 500K or more??? What is this peasants pay of 40k-50k????? WTH. This poll sucks.
Well...I'm going to be making about $720K/year, and I'm having problems finding a girl, and I have assets well north of $4 million from my career in business prior to goign to medicine. So, I guess not all women are into money. But then again, I don't really flaunt it conspicuously, and I'm also only 5'4" (most women won't even look at me it seems)....

Old 12-27-2012, 03:04 AM

2,194 posts, read 3,850,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veyron View Post
Why do men have this big perception that women's number 1 priority is money when its just a big priority but not number 1.
Hi Veyron--

Because, sometimes, it's the truth.

Courtesy of OKTrends:

Old 12-27-2012, 05:32 AM

1,610 posts, read 1,782,355 times
Most women would prefer a man with the ability to take care of them if asked upon. If your theory was correct why are so many women not married?

Since most women just want a nice guy, or are most guys jerks?

Old 12-27-2012, 07:56 AM

54,498 posts, read 33,866,725 times
It doesn't matter how rich a single person is, it's their motives, without sincere motives, that person lacks everything as far as I'm concerned, and that's in both genders. There's nothing wrong with a woman who wants a man who is financially stable and is a good provider, but without going into too many details, I've met a few women who might as well wear a sign that says "Gold Digger".

Old 12-27-2012, 03:00 PM

27,345 posts, read 27,397,752 times
There are many different way of looking at this topic. Personally...and Im only speaking on my own experience, I think youre safer hooking up with a poor guy who has nothing more than is heart to offer. Reason being is Ive seen way, too many times, in my homecleaning business, men who use their money as leverage. Show what you have, all the glittery gold stuff, presents, material things, that only keep a women pacified while he's gone on 'business trips' or 'out with the guys'. Not saying theres anything wrong with making lots of money, but when it becomes the center of a relationship, theres a problem. Besides, for the most part, (and again, speaking from my own experience), no one wants to be around a poor guy, everyone wants the rich guy. Let 'em have him, Im going for the one who wont flirt, cheat, buy you material things just to keep you happy, he simply tries with his heart to hold on like heck to the one he loves, probably scared she'll dump him for some guy with a 6 digit salary.
I used to know of a couple back in AZ, near where I lived, where the guy made tons of bucks and she worked as a waitress, barely making ends meet, paycheck to paycheck. He made 4 times what she brought home. And he asked her to marry, all was set, until they went to go look at a new car, when her credit score was less than perfect because of her struggles over the years, he dumped her! Though she was trying to get on her feet, after losing her job because the store she worked at prior went out of business overnight, he could have simply not put her name on that car, which by the way was a nice Honda Civic, but no, he didnt want 'her credit to ruin him'! It wouldnt have, as long as he didnt use her name on the loan. She was heartbroken for months after that, but learned that money is important to some, and obviously, more important than what (was mistaken for) a love that would work through think and thin. I was invited to sing at that wedding.
Not sure if I made any sense here, and this is only my point of view, but my point here is simple. Money cant buy happiness.

Spoiler
I forgot to add, hooking up with a guy who make much more than you do can lead to rumors, gossip or 'assumptions' that youre only in t for the moeny anyway, and I want no part of that.

Last edited by country pride; 12-27-2012 at 03:16 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships