Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Women will you....
Date a rich guy whos ugly, boring, but extremely intelligent 5 20.00%
Date a rich guy who is a little bit below average, extremely boring but intelligent 5 20.00%
Date an average looking guy make, making 50k a year, somewhat interesting and mildly intelligent 9 36.00%
Date a hot guy who makes 40K a year, extremely fun, not very intelligent, 3 12.00%
Date a hot guy who makes 50K a year and a little boring average intelligence 2 8.00%
Date an average looking guy making 50K a year, bore fest but extremely intelligent 1 4.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 09:55 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,526,337 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaKintobor View Post
I agree it is a very high income. That is why it is the top 1%. You see income isn't just what you officially make from your regular job. It is also income from investments and stocks ect. that you can hide and shelter in accounts abroad and things of that nature.
That # is overall income from different sources.'
If you don't sell your stocks then you don't report that income either
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2012, 09:57 PM

1,429 posts, read 2,304,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Info Guy View Post
That # is overall income from different sources.'
If you don't sell your stocks then you don't report that income either
All I'm saying is that families like The Kennedys are rich and have remained so by any means necessary.

Old 02-09-2012, 01:30 AM

3,467 posts, read 8,165,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geography Freak View Post
Well, attarction is certainly subjective, but marriage is not - especially for a woman.
Not true. The goals of a marriage will vary according to the individual's needs, so the "practical" criteria is still subjective.

In regards to money, what someone may see as adequately responsible/successful financially can depend on what they feel they need in a marriage and possibly what is "normal" to them. That's going to vary between individuals, making it still very subjective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geography Freak View Post
What I mean is that when it come sto choosing a partner for life, while subjective attraction is important, it's not the only or even the main factor.
Attraction can indicate the whole person, not just their physicality. This includes attraction to their personality & intelligence, in addition to looks. And of course attraction is just part of the initial consideration to date someone. Compatibility is usually the deciding factor for long-term commitment, and that is very subjective also. As I mention above, not everyone's life goals are the same, and so the kind of marriage they seek will be in-line with their personal needs/wants.

Now are some people out of touch with their true needs/wants? Do they simply buy into & pursue some mirage of happiness revolving around money & status? Of course, but I don't think this is unique to one gender nor does it characterize people in general. These people are not exactly being practical in their criteria either, although they may paint it that way by degrading relationships to some cold exchange for what each party wants to prop up their ego.

Old 02-09-2012, 03:28 AM

1,610 posts, read 1,786,819 times
Money and security is the bottom line, nothing else really matters in the end, good looks don't really last and when it comes to marriage being poor isn't going to help. The low marriage rates is a direct result of poor men who have nothing to offer women and women staying single than getting close to a man who can't provide or bring anything to the table.

Old 02-09-2012, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaKintobor View Post
All I'm saying is that families like The Kennedys are rich and have remained so by any means necessary.
The 1st generation started it though so thats how the next generations have it easy.

Old 02-09-2012, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stick2dascript View Post
Money and security is the bottom line, nothing else really matters in the end, good looks don't really last and when it comes to marriage being poor isn't going to help. The low marriage rates is a direct result of poor men who have nothing to offer women and women staying single than getting close to a man who can't provide or bring anything to the table.
You can buy your looks with money. Why should a man provide for her? She is not his dependant.

Old 02-10-2012, 09:04 AM

2,112 posts, read 2,705,485 times
None of these guys sound remotely appealing. If you had an option for very interesting and very intelligent, then that would be my choice.

Old 02-10-2012, 10:32 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,357,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy_Jole View Post
None of these guys sound remotely appealing. If you had an option for very interesting and very intelligent, then that would be my choice.
Add, can make me laugh and is happy with his life to the mix, and he's my guy.
I make my own money so his is not important.

Old 02-10-2012, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy_Jole View Post
You do need to be intelligent to make $50K a year. That is more then what the Average American makes.

Old 02-10-2012, 09:41 PM

1,429 posts, read 2,304,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Info Guy View Post
The 1st generation started it though so thats how the next generations have it easy.
Along with the fact the family is a bunch of money grubbing, land grabbing, sociopaths who will use their influence, power and ability to game the system to screw over anyone in their path to maintain that advantage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships