Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2012, 04:59 PM

96 posts, read 101,221 times

Advertisements

Lmao. Looks like I've missed a lot in the past few days. Where's my popcorn?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2012, 05:01 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,158,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
you don't know what you said?? I expressed my opinion on why I would prefer to pay for my own meals if I ever was on a date and you went off on a tangent. Hopefully that rings a bell.

No. What I said was that people (men or women) shouldn't have expectations because someone pays for a meal. I said that if a guy felt that a girl "owed" him something from that. Then he needs a prostitute. He probably shouldn't be dating..I didn't think a girl owed any guy anything if he paid for the date..

Old 02-17-2012, 05:02 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,744,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
No. What I said was that people (men or women) shouldn't have expectations because someone pays for a meal. I said that if a guy felt that a girl "owed" him something from that. Then he needs a prostitute. He probably shouldn't be dating..I didn't think a girl owed any guy anything if he paid for the date..

YOUR OPINIONS. And as I said before not everyone agrees with you on the matter or shares your views on 'paying on the first date' so deal with that.

Old 02-17-2012, 05:04 PM

Quote:
you don't know what you said?? I expressed my opinion on why I would prefer to pay for my own meals if I ever was on a date and you went off on a tangent. Hopefully that rings a bell. If you prefer to pay on the first date GOOD FOR YOU. Why make such a big deal about someone else's reasons to do differently?

Saying things like "you've made damaged goods seem lovable" is an insult in my book and most everyone else I know. So don't try to play it nice all of a sudden.

For one I didn't mean to imply that you paying was bad. If you want to pay, then by all means go and pay. What I meant was that if the guy did pay, you still don't owe him anything. I don't know what's so wrong with that. You don't. So it's ok to let a guy treat you and pay for a date. The reward if nothing is else the company. If you are uncomfortable with it, then ok, but I was basically saying that you shouldn't be. If a guy takes you out, you don't "owe" him anything. That's all I was implying.

Last edited by supermanpansy; 02-17-2012 at 05:13 PM..

Old 02-17-2012, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Read what exactly? Your the one running at the mouth. You called me a liar, because I said I pay on the first date. You argue anyone who doesn't agree with you. Which is pretty much everyone. Dew is a respected member on here. Who are you?
Why do you keep responding to me then if I 'argue with everyone?' Put me on ignore then. Everyone is a respected member here, so get off your high horse on that one. May drew drop should go back and read all the nasty insults you hurled at me before saying I was 'picking on you' If you don't agree with my opinions on paying for my own meals or whatever else then too bad. We don't all have to agree on here.

Old 02-17-2012, 05:06 PM

Quote:
YOUR OPINIONS. And as I said before not everyone agrees with you on the matter or shares your views on 'paying on the first date' so deal with that.

That's fine not to agree with me, but you don't have to get nasty and trash me and bring my name up on every post and call me a liar. If you think I'm a liar-fine, but keep it to yourself. Because I'm not a liar. I've never let a women pay on a first date. But then you felt the need to throw my name in on everypoint. As if what I said was so wrong...

Furthermore, why don't you tell me what I said. And be specific? I would really like to know what got you so bent out of shape. I'm not going to keep arguing with you about something so stupid.

Old 02-17-2012, 05:08 PM

Quote:
For one I didn't mean to imply that you paying was bad. If you want to pay, then by marry go and pay. What I meant was that if the guy did pay, you still don't owe him anything. I don't know what's so wrong with that. You don't. So it's ok to let a guy treat you and pay for a date. The reward if nothing is else the company. If you are uncomfortable with it, then ok, but I was basically saying that you shouldn't be. If a guy takes you out, you don't "owe" him anything. That's all I was implying.

It's not ok to let a guy do anything. I don't want them to do anything. I don't want them to treat me and pay for a date. I have my own money and can pay for my own meals. Anything other wise I would feel as if I owed them something. I know what you were implying and I disagree with it, simple as that. I don't even want to discuss it anymore. As you said, no man is going to want to bother with me anyways so why bother going on about this. goodbye.

Old 02-17-2012, 05:14 PM

Quote:
That's fine not to agree with me, but you don't have to get nasty and trash me and bring my name up on every post and call me a liar. If you think I'm a liar-fine, but keep it to yourself. Because I'm not a liar. I've never let a women pay on a first date. But then you felt the need to throw my name in on everypoint. As if what I said was so wrong...

Furthermore, why don't you tell me what I said. And be specific? I would really like to know what got you so bent out of shape. I'm not going to keep arguing with you about something so stupid.

You seem way to bitter for any message board anyway. You keep carrying on with this attitude, no wonder your alone.
You make damaged goods seem lovable
I can't imagine a man in his right mind who would last three minutes with you ]I suggest you do away with that mountain size chip on your shoulder, get some therapy, and somehow try to forgive whoever it was that hurt your wittle feelings.
If that don't work, there's always a need for more cutters..You know those people who cut themselves to take away the pain.

Old 02-17-2012, 05:16 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,196,850 times
Quote:
I never once in my life felt like a girl owed me anything for buying her dinner. Never. As long as she gives me oral everything is good...Kidding..But seriously, if anyone feels like someone owe's them something, then they are really confused..Women aren't just sex objects. Some guys actually like spending time with them just for them. Heck, my girl is funny as hel l. I have more fun with her than any of my friends. Her company is payoff enough..If someone feels that way,(the way your describing) then maybe they shouldn't be dating and go straight for the sure thing- a prostitute.
So - this is the original quote. I agree with him. If men think that a woman owes him anything because he picked up the tab on a date - he should just go date a prostitute. Dating isn't about owing someone something. If someone pays - it should be because they are being generous - not because they want something in return. I actually think this is a good lesson for life in general. However, until I'm actually pretty close with someone - I'm not comfortable with them spending a lot on me or anything. So I get the reverse point of view to a certain point.

Quote:
you all are the kings of 'say one thing, do another' so with that in mind, I would only be content with paying for my own meal and him doing the same. (I don't date btw). It is just a way to have clean break from each other and that way he cannot come back and say I owe him for something (sexual or non sexual). If he was uncomfortable with that line of thinking, then too bad I guess.
See - you basically called him a liar. Not sure why. Not all men are the same. I'm sorry if you've had bad luck with men in the past - but I assure you - there are good ones out there. And if anything - he was insulting the men who expect something from a woman and not the women at all.

I think we all need to take a step back. My favorite color is purple! (that's what I say when things get uncomfortable...)

Old 02-17-2012, 05:18 PM

Quote:
You seem way to bitter for any message board anyway. You keep carrying on with this attitude, no wonder your alone.
You make damaged goods seem lovable
I can't imagine a man in his right mind who would last three minutes with you ]I suggest you do away with that mountain size chip on your shoulder, get some therapy, and somehow try to forgive whoever it was that hurt your wittle feelings.
If that don't work, there's always a need for more cutters..You know those people who cut themselves to take away the pain.

Ugg, that was after you attacked me for saying that I pay for the first date. That was after you attacked me for no reason. Remember? That was when nothing I said mattered. You had your mind made up and there was no compromise. Then you used my name in another little rant..So please spare me the tears. You brought this on yourself. Next time pick better battles. I was never against you like you thought I was.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships