Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 12:38 PM

262 posts, read 651,507 times

Advertisements

Female
Never seriously Drank-I've never been drunk
Virgin
Weird--social awkward and isolated
No Friends--People think i'm weird
Small Family (only 2 other family members) My extended family consists of three more people
Live Alone
Anxiety--Social and Emotional
BDD (Body Dysmorphic Disorder)
Bored-- Lack of stimulation
Terminated from Job
Now work part-time
Took Time off school..for what? Lack of motivation
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2012, 12:45 PM

2,472 posts, read 4,214,431 times
There's someone out there for everyone, and 21 is too young to worry about ever finding someone.

Old 02-22-2012, 12:48 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,165,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slanderous View Post
There's someone out there for everyone, and 21 is too young to worry about ever finding someone.
This.

However, the first thing to do if you really want to find someone is to be comfortable in your own skin. If you don't love yourself, how can you expect someone else to?

At the same time, consider yourself to be interesting and worthwhile. All you've done here is list a bunch of flaws. I bet there are twice as many assets to list.

Old 02-22-2012, 12:48 PM

29,746 posts, read 34,396,829 times
Well, OP, would you want to date you? If you think you're too messed up, then it's kind of a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Old 02-22-2012, 12:49 PM

Nope. Nothing interesting about me. I sit down in a chair and stare..

Old 02-22-2012, 12:51 PM

2,472 posts, read 4,214,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beilua Rose View Post
You did find this message board. You could talk to another guy who likes message boards.

Old 02-22-2012, 12:56 PM

2,495 posts, read 4,358,833 times
Quote:
Well get off the chair and interact with people Even if you're talking about trivial stuff like the weather...just dont sit on that chair or the next item on your to-do list will be a gym membership You are 21yrs old for goodness sake. Come on...

Old 02-22-2012, 12:56 PM

538 posts, read 1,012,707 times
Quote:

You sound like a great time. I don't understand why anyone would not want to date you.

Good grief. Get up and do something about it instead of pouting about it.

Old 02-22-2012, 12:57 PM

2,743 posts, read 4,828,538 times
When even you think that you are past the point of even finding someone, just go to the local mall and sit on a bench and people-watch for a half an hour. If you look past the 'beautiful people' and 'perfect couples', you will also see some of the most unusual and weird pairs walking around - confirming that the most unusual people can find someone.

Look on this forum for other similar threads. They all have similar suggestions:
You won't find someone unless you get out of the house. So get out of the house. Join clubs, and MeetUp.com groups that are of interest to you. It will improve your chances of meeting someone who share those interests.
Pay some attention to your appearance, body, etc. Spruce up your wardrobe, make sure you present a clean appearance, exercise more. (I'm not saying that you have to become one of those 'beautiful people' before you have a chance, but rather make sure you are not at the other far end of that spectrum).
And go have fun. I think people having fun are much more likely to find someone to have fun with, than if they are deep into power-moping.

Old 02-22-2012, 01:02 PM

I think it's ironic that i said that i have social anxiety disorder and then people are telling me to get up and talk to people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't you think if it was that easy i'd have an actual life right now??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships