Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2013, 09:20 PM

3,226 posts, read 6,640,353 times

Advertisements

So, this might sound like a contradiction that I made on the non-romantic thread about me wanting to take time to myself. However, I was willing to make an exception to this girl I met 3 weeks ago at a dance club, who actually gave me her number and wanted to stay in touch, and we did, which is very rare in a club environment. Usually people exchange numbers and don't really keep in touch or just do for booty calls and/or casual sex but the spark we had at the club ended up evolving more into a deeper connection and since then we have been wanting to see each other in a more intimate setting and environment.

Tonight, I was supposed to be with her instead of on here posting, worrying, being paranoid and stressing myself looking for some advice and thoughts pathetically here on CD. Unfortunately, yesterday I caught a small cold and worried that it would eventually worsen and much to my dismay, it did. Overnight it began to progressively get worse and worse and then this morning I felt like I drank a huge cup of cement. Needless to say, this cold is in full effect: My sinuses are clogged to the core, my head feels inflated with helium, my body is aching and I have been getting shivers, my throat and nose are itchy, irritable and sensitive to smells that normally don't bother me (like cigarettes smoke). On top of all this, I have a small case of the runs, my nose looks like Rudolph the red nose reindeer and I'm as pale as Wendy from the "Adams Family" and I look like a toddler with dry boogers all around my nose (every time I wake up). I look and feel absolutely hideous.

I told her at midnight that I wasn't feeling too good and she said if I don't feel good tomorrow (today) let her know by at 8-9PM. It was a deal and so I go off to my pregnant sisters house and fix up her kitchen for a good 3 hours and help her move some stuff and zoom back home by 3pm in hopes that I can diminish the cold. I drink a gallon of water with lemon, take some nyquil, chicken noodle soup, and every other remedy when you're sick. I put on layers and layers of clothes and rest on and off from 3pm-8pm.

Despite doing everything I can and against my best wishes, I was only slightly successful with feeling a tad bit better but in no shape to go out. By 8:30pm I tell her I'm not feeling too great and if we can reschedule for another day. The tone of her voice suggest she's disappointed (rightfully so) and says "Okay, have a speedy recover, get better". I apologize sincerely and explain to her that I just don't want her to get sick and that I won't be fun in this condition, that the last thing I want to do is be in bed recovering from a cold blah, blah, blah.

She says that she was truly looking forward to seeing me and that she "feels down and disappointed" and maybe it just wasn't "meant to be" but that we can meet up some other time.

I'm upset that I'm sick I was battling with myself to go anyway despite the way I feel but I know its just a dumb idea to go out sick but like anyone else, I HATE being home on a beautiful (where I'm at, at least) Saturday night, lying down in bed trying to get over a cold. I've been in a situation where I went out even if I was sick and its not fun. Not that I would get wasted but I know I would have had a small drink with her so she won't feel "alone" and alcohol would just make my sickness worse.

I feel quite powerless and in a way feel like she may lose interest in me. We live in a society where everything is "right here, right now!" and I honestly dig this girl and definitely would like to get to know her. If I lose her, I won't feel heart broken by any means but I would feel a little crappy and sad that a potential awesome girl past me on by. For the most part, she seems understanding but I can feel where she's coming from.

Anyway, what should I do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2013, 09:39 PM

3,603 posts, read 5,940,074 times
She ought to be thanking you for keeping this thing away from her. Who would want to catch a cold ?

Old 09-28-2013, 09:46 PM

3,226 posts, read 6,640,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davros View Post
She ought to be thanking you for keeping this thing away from her. Who would want to catch a cold ?

My thoughts exactly!! The last thing I want to do is go out and get someone else sick. She can say "No, its okay, trust me I won't get sick!" all she wants but when she does get sick, I guarantee she won't be singing the same tune. Then again, she's Asian and they never get sick (okay, don't sue me anyone).

Old 09-28-2013, 09:55 PM

3,603 posts, read 5,940,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lital_The_Best View Post
My thoughts exactly!! The last thing I want to do is go out and get someone else sick. She can say "No, its okay, trust me I won't get sick!" all she wants but when she does get sick, I guarantee she won't be singing the same tune. Then again, she's Asian and they never get sick (okay, don't sue me anyone).
Yeah, I don't know what to tell you other than I think you're doing the right thing by staying home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships